Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

Wow, those sprites are really well done. Good job on the story as well, I’m definitely hooked on where this is going. Love the update!

Side note: I absolutely love the humor this game has going, L is my favorite for sure!

2 Likes

Thank you for the compliment on the story, and all thanks to the art is sent to CJ, I couldn’t do this without him!

And thanks, L is a lot of fun to write :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New month, New Year, New Progress report!

Hope everyone is doing well where they are! I’m hard at work on the next update of Apostles, which will take us out of winter and into Spring, something I’ve been looking foward to for quite some time! Expect to see a whole bunch of changes!

I admit, after spending so long making the muffin update, it was a bit hard to get back into it, having to ‘start from scratch’ but I think I’m back into making solid progress again, or at the very least, back to chipping away at the next update one day at a time. A big thank you to both CJ the art man sprite guy extraordinaire who always is there to help, and to LazerCamel who’s helped quite a bit in helping me brainstorm and orginize the new ideas together!

The update is still a ways away, but look foward to it for when it comes, and hope all of you take care!

12 Likes

Im not really one to comment on this site but after playing through this game I just had to sign up and say, wow. That was one of the best experiences i’ve had in a while. Not only was this a great fetish game but it was just generally a great story which I was not expecting. My favorite from the apostles was definitely lily but my favorite altogether was definitely sophia, cant wait to see more of her (literally). All in all, its a phenomenal game and im looking forward to the spring update (which I was wondering would be out around when? april or may maybe? cause spring :D)

3 Likes

@Randigainer Thank you so much! You have no idea how happy it makes me everytme I read any comment like this that has such nice things to say about the game! I won’t give anything away, but you’ll be seeing a lot more of both Sophia and Lily real soon!

No set date for anything close just yet, but I’ll keep everyone updated as the time comes!

1 Like

Just played the muffin update and I absolutely loved it! I love the detective story, The character growth, The jazzy as FUCK music, The serious moments, The blobs :smirk:, The jokes, I loved everything about it. Keep up the amazing work! I can’t wait for the next update!

1 Like

Thank you! Very kind of you to say, and I hope to continue to impress!

Hello! Hope everyone everywhere is having a good month! It seems somewhat odd to me that this is only second progress report on the next apostles update as it feels like I’ve been working on it for a longer!

It’s still not nearing anything close to done quite yet, but I have all the pieces I need in place and have been able to work on it slow but steady this last month. I won’t give too much away, but I’d that it will be one of the larger Apostles updates (though perhaps not quite as big as muffins!)

It will also be one I hope has a little bit of everything for everyone! We’ll have female weight gain, male weight gain, nice stuffing, mean stuffing, pregnancy, fetish, lore, and so much more! So stay tuned for the first update of spring, featuring Bel’s birthday bash!

I also want to give a special thanks to all the support and help I was given by a lot of people for Apostles recently. Cj my rock who is always there for whatever crazy sprites I ask for. LazerCamel who helped a lot getting the story straightened out. Logitechk1 who helped with a bit of writing for a certain scene involving a ex-huntress with a big butt. Nerds who freely lets me use any sprites from SB. Qwerty2999 who helped me make not one, but two new characters for the next update who’ll visit town. Laptopsuc4 who sent me an over 100 page powerpoint presentation of all the things I mispelled in the muffin update. Resop, who always does the title cards for the chapters and knocked it out of the park for the new one. And many more, thank you to everyone who helps make this game so amazing!

And in a final bit of news, I wanted to share the start of something else I’ve been working on in the background for a little while now. Writing a full-fledged book has always been on my bucket list, and I’ve been able to make some good progress on it lately! I’m only a 1/3 of the way through, but it’s 32% more than I thought I’d ever write! Since the kind words and feedback, I’ve gotten from Apostles is a 99% of the reason I had the confidence to try writing this way, I wanted to share the result of that.

To be clear this is NOT a fetish work (weight gain or otherwise) and is in no way connected to Apostles. PLEASE PLEASE do not feel any sort of obligation to read my ramblings, if this isn’t something that interests you, or you just don’t connect with the story, I fully understand. I do not want to make anyone read anything they don’t wish too, and will make it up to you with a new Apostles fat filled update soon!

Here it is, the first 80 pages of a Project book I call “Wanting.” Copy of Wanting 5 - Google Docs

Don’t worry, this is something I’ve had in the background going for a long time now, so it won’t in any way be interfering with my Apostles work! It’s just a side project to my side project, and something I hope to get done in the next 5 years or so XD.

14 Likes

I won’t be too long winded because this thread is about the game but I want to post my thoughts somewhere… and I read it when I should’ve been doing my assignment! It’s hard to talk about the characters and setting when it’s still in the setting up phase of the book but I think it creates the Western image pretty fast (although at first the “three-fingered” sand strider working at the bar made me think it was like… Mass Effect or something with aliens lol) which is impressive considering there’s no cover or description before reading it. Compared to Apostles the biggest noticeable difference is little ol Lee, being just a farm boy with a much more low-down perspective compared to the basically übergod trio in Apostles. Conceptually I don’t think the character concept is as immediately interesting as the three but I’m into brooding miserable emos with great power like Elric of Melniboné, the average reader probably prefers a more realistic character like Lee. That said I think it does a good job at making you care about him, it’s hard not to when all the other DeadEyes are bullying him, and he’s sweet. Assuming the whole book will be about this job seeing as we’re 1/3 through and just got there, it reminds me a lot of The Hateful Eight, in that it’s a Western where the plot takes place in mostly one small location and has different members of the group grinding against each other which is a good thing to be like. Settingwise the things that catch my eye the most are the domesticated sand striders, and the Church of Lavender Smoke, I like clandestine churches which aren’t necessarily evil but are really shady and weird, like real life! I also smell death flags on Gren and Mr. Calhourn. Other than the world’s most famous Gren usually only being known for getting his arm ripped off and dying, he’s too nice! And for the boss, too not-nice.

The spelling and grammar is a lot better than Apostles (which improved a lot over time anyway), which is surprising because editing paragraphs of prose is way harder than back-and-forth textboxes/dialogue. On the topic of prose that’d probably be my biggest criticism, the prose isn’t that interesting, but it’s very “readable”, it’s better to have short and simple prose that’s well-paced than really overlong bad prose with 5935 clashing adjectives with every little unnecessary detail described like some novels. I think your strength is definitely dialogue like… GRRM without the incest and racist Southerner vampires

I’m not that into Westerns (except for cool revolvers and dragging people by a lasso on horseback in circles like Achilles) but I liked it, I’ll enjoy reading part 2 and 3 in 2027 providing the incoming nukes don’t hit too close to my house

1 Like

Thank you on all accounts for reading and giving such feedback on Wanting! (Though sorry if I took too much time away from doing your assignment!)

Glad the change up from the OPest trio around to Joe Schmo, Lee worked well. I wanted to change it up from Apostles in a lot of ways and this is one. Instead of being the ones with the plans (as in apostles) Lee is the LAST to figure out the plans, and has to play catch-up.

I’d be lying if I didn’t say that movie was a lot of the inspiration behind the book!

Glad those details got picked up as they did. While of course this is a "western’ type story, I also wanted it to be quickly clear it is not set in the traditional 1800s American Midwest type setting and there’s a lot of other elements in play. I won’t give anything away but there’s even more in store for them soon, and you’ll see just why Lee is so desperate to keep his sister away from the church!

Very fair, and something I surely want to work on. Since Apostles is 90% text boxes of people talking, and most of the media I ingest is either movies or video games, I think it’s made have more ‘experience’ with dialogue and less with written prose.

All fans will have the newest updates to Apostles and the newest wanting releases slipped under the door of their bomb shelter!

2 Likes

I was recently playing another rpg maker type and came across this little design detail. If it’s feasible to include in the game, would it be possible that for certain scenes, primarily the stuffing or serious scenes, the characters show up on screen as an image? Like a jpeg cutout of them for one scene to add to the visual flare of what’s happening. Limiting this to a fewer number of scenes would mean you dont have to implement it throughout every conversation in the game. Just a little suggestion tho, cant wait for the next update!

3 Likes

@chubchan Sadly, such a thing is not in my means to create as of right now, but trust me in the event that ever does change you will be seeing pictures of Sophia and Heather and Jacob and all the rest getting stuffed all over the place!

And sorry to keep you waiting for the new update, it’s still a bit away, but hopefully it will be quite the hit when I’m able to share it!

4 Likes

Apostles April Fool’s day progress report 1- One of the three missionaries will start to gain weight this update.

Apostles April Fool’s day progress report 2- There will be a new character to the story who is unable to get fat.

Apostles April Fool’s day progress report 3- If you had penny for every time Sebastian gets fucked in the butt this update, you’d have 2 cents.

Apostles April Fool’s day progress report 4- This will be my most WHOLESOME update yet!

12 Likes

Ah I’ve never hated April Fools more, Idk if this is half truths and half lies, three truths and a lie, three lies and a truth, all truths or all lies. The anticipation is going to murder me.

3 Likes

after playing the game for an hour or so i don’t get how this is a weight gain game. I’ll just continuing playing. So far the story has been good though, so at least that is all good.

1 Like

It takes some time for the weight gain to come in to the picture. That being said this is probably one of the best games out there if you like a slower progression and hella good writing.

7 Likes

Don’t worry the weight gain is there! And as the game progresses it will come in greater force.
Happy to hear you are liking the story so far though, hope you keep plaing!

2 Likes

Apostles is like a fat girl waddling, slow but sexy in the details

9 Likes

That’s going on the box XD.

1 Like

I’m starting to get to the weight gain though my issue is that you have to do literally everything to move onto the next bit. It takes forever to even move onto the next bit at times, but other than that quite a lot of it has been a good read.

1 Like