Apostles (Latest Update 0.10: July 2023)

[punches the air repeatedly] i am so excited to see that scene ( definitely for the first time, no need for antivirus :3 )

on a more serious note, please feel free!! i just updated it after doing some tweaks to integrate things a little bit better, so make sure to re-download it if you already have it. if you’re willing to throw an attribution in there that’d be amazing~

1 Like

(again sorry for the long posts. i just love this game and after a while of not playing i just got every single ending for the second test for heather. here are my thoughts. this is more of a way to vent because this game is my new hyperfixation. sorry for the oncoming weirdness)

I’ve been playing the second test for heather and got all possible endings. The best one really fleshes her out a lot and makes Sebastian a bit more empathetic but I still feel the worst ending is more adequate for heather while at the same time makes Sebastian look really bad. It’s strange how Sebastian is characterized in this test, he’s almost two different people on the best and good to the bad ending.

I think the thing that is bothering me is how the reader knows heather is faking compliance while at the same time being livid against Sebastian. But how much compliance is too much compliance? I think there’s no equilibrium between rejecting Sebastian and the good girl act for the sake of not being punished. Not only that, in some dialogue it’s implied that act might become a new facet of her life which is nice but from scene to scene it feels like it’s basically a bimbofication process instead of corrective therapy for a criminal. Not only because it happens super fast from the readers perspective but because Sebastian IS trying to rehabilitate heather while simultaneously playing with her body in a way that feels predatory and abusive. The two ideas don’t really complement each other so that leaves me thinking Sebastian is not helping her but making her a sex toy in mind and body just because he can.

Which sure fine, it’s a fetish game. But the narrative takes itself so seriously It feels like heather would put up more of a subversive fight canonically. Instead her personality does a 180 and suddenly she’s enjoying it

then again maybe she just really is moving towards this because she’s a human being who was put in a sensory deprivation chamber with time dialation, infinite food, and is forced to routinely watch her brother be molested and herself partake in weird tests.

so is it Stockholm syndrome? maybe its more complex than that. it’s clear he wants to help heather but it feels so scummy that he also pushes his fetish onto her as an ulterior motive. When the ulterior motive of “muh fetish” gets in the way of actually helping someone who is a product of their environment and maybe mentally ill (sociopathy, although not a real scientific term anymore still describes an affliction) then Im willing to say he’s evil.

Like dude. Have you played Lisa the painful and joyful?

Wonderful games
Let me tell you something heather is a direct reflection of buddy and Brad armstrong

Specially buddy

From the abuse of her condition of woman to the horrible place to grow up, to the terrible parental figures. buddy does horrible things througout lisa the joyful all in the name of pride and spite but its a self discovering journey where she has to decide either if she succumbs to her ways of become a better person. heather doesnt get that chance neither she gets what she deserves( actual punishment for her crimes). instead she gets half baked measures that was put in place by another predator in her life. once again she has no control of fate.

thank you for coming to my ted talk. if i had to make a suggestion to the dev (dont listen to me. i love this game!) is that there are some karmic response from the world to the trio, either drama or something comes back to bite their ass and makes them feel bad.

2 Likes

Always happy to see the long posts and moral conundrums Apostles awakens in people! I hope you enjoy seeing how Sebastian and Heather develop in further updates!

I have not played Lisa the Painful and Joyful, but I"ve heard a lot of good things, so it is on my ToDo list for sure!

3 Likes

Hello! I played a lot of this game a couple years ago, and I got decently far in? I was really shy back then and I didn’t want to post on the main forum for fear of, like, I don’t know, embarrassment.

Basically; I’m a gay guy, and as much as I enjoyed the non-fetish aspects of the game, I’m just not interested in women. I really have to ask if the male tag means that there’s some male weight gain in here, or if it’s just there because there’s men in it.

No judgment either way, for the record, I just want to know if it’d be my thing before I start it up again.

1 Like

This game typically has more women gaining weight but it has more instances of men also gaining weight than most games do. Off the top of my head there’s at least 2 major male characters that have extensive weight gain focus, and there’s a number of other side characters that do. At its core, a whole village is getting fattened up, so most of the men there are gaining, there just isn’t a lot of them compared to women.

Also, the male tag here is used in this forum when the men are gaining, not that they just exist.

1 Like

Also, the male tag here is used in this forum when the men are gaining, not that they just exist.

See, I get that, but a good portion of the stuff in that tag seems to just be “yeah, there are men that exist in the game”, so I always have to clarify :skull: lol

1 Like

questio: how much can the player affect the game? are there routes like in visual novels? i’m asking because of how different some things are depending on my choices while at the same time they remain the same.

1 Like

Heyo! I’m more or less exclusively into male weight gain too, and my unvarnished assessment after playing the game is this: Whilst the focus of the game does tend to noticeably lean more heavily on the female side, from the top of my head, there are a few story-relevant male characters that add on the pounds (and one who is just naturally on the curvy side). For example, my favourite character is a male character who is forcibly fattened up. However, if I’m going to be completely honest with you, I will also have to admit that I did end up getting really invested in the lore and backstories of the protagonists to the point that the lower levels of male WG compared to female WG didn’t really bother me too much. However, from my understanding, I believe there’s going to be more fun male-oriented content in the future! So that’s a good reason to stay excited!

Also, don’t be shy to post stuff here! I was pretty nervous when making my first post here a few days ago, since I had (wrongly) imagined creators to be gazing down from the looming ivory towers, but WaxeRed is honestly one of the most considerate and down-to-earth people that I’ve had the pleasure to discuss kink with! Waxe is always so patient when I blurt out my crazy horny ideas (and even takes the time to elaborate further on some of them), so I’m really grateful for that!

1 Like

There are a few characters with a few different story routes, but the overall story of the game is more or less the same. Heather for example: depending on how you play as her and choices Sebastian makes, her story changes down the line.

(This is just what I’ve heard, haven’t had the time to go back and replay a different route yet :frowning: )

1 Like

@needsmoretigers Hi, welcome back to the game!

Right now there are two male characters who are gaining weight. One is more loving feeding, and the other is based on rougher force feeding. However right now both are being feed by females. While there aren’t any male x male weight gain couples yet, there will be before the game is done!

@superaguilar2002 There are a few choices that change how certain events proceed. For example during the early game, someone goes missing and you get to choose who goes looking for her. Based on that choice you will get slightly different conversations and events based on who was chosen.
Another big choice is Heather Blue/Red Path, however those routes will likely merge soon.

So the short answer is, yes there are some choices that will lead to diffrent scenes or outcomes, but you don’t need to worry about any ‘wrong’ choices that lead to bad endings where everyone dies.

@Urchin Thanks! You’re much too kind!

1 Like

for now, depending on heather’s choices she will get new interactions with some characters or different bits of information from sebastian. but nothing that affects her following scenes that much,

1 Like

i wouldnt mind band end routes. but im more curious if the choices the player take ammount to a different…ending for any given character. more like a “dating sim where you pick a girl but it’s not a girl its a different outcome that permanently alters a character.” or " you picked the right choices so now you get the true ending where this character does something that affects the plot heavily" type of deal.

1 Like

@superaguilar2002 The end of the Auburnwoods story is still a LONG ways away, so this is subject to change, but there will be a few choices you can make that will change the ending of certain characters in minor ways. But I wouldn’t call any of them ‘true’ or ‘bad’ endings, just some mild variance.

Three. You forgot Byzantium.

1 Like

To be fair, who hasn’t?

2 Likes

I haven’t played through the newest update yet since I’m not such a big Heather fan, but I did want to share how much I have enjoyed the game so far. I’m also exclusively interested on male weight gain, so it really is a testiment to the game’s plot and lore that I’ve stuck with it for so long. As much as I love Jacob, I don’t think that he alone would be enough to sustain me otherwise.

But I do really pove Jacob and I hope that we get to see other men start to go down a similar route. I don’t really go for the humiliation or degradation that Mauve’s content offers, so having some guys being fattened in a more positive or even neutral dynamic would be great.

Again though, what you’ve made is very impressive and I’m interested to see what will come next.

1 Like

breast cancer man. god i thought he died.

Summary

until he appeared in the fucking warhammer 40k reference.

1 Like

how far back can this choices be made?
i wont mind if some of them are like the mass effect 3 ending but how much can something you did in the begging of the game affect the end?

1 Like

@Phoe77 Thank you very much! I too love writting for Jacob and have already finished a few scenes for him that will be in the next update! Hope you enjoy!

Sorry, I don’t quite understand this.

These will be choices that likely won’t come up until the endgame.

“Did you forget about me?!” (Spy Voice Lines) - YouTube

1 Like