Backrooms Weight Gain Story Discussion

Hello there!

This is my first time posting here, but long story short, I’m a writer. Most of what I write isn’t related to weight gain or fetishes, but I do try to write weight gain stories on the side.

For the longest time now, I’ve been trying to pit together a story based on two things that normally wouldn’t go: Weight Gain, combined with the liminal survival horror that is The Backrooms.

Currently, I’ve started three stories featuring different characters, all female.

The main problem is… How can I find a way these characters maintain their huge proportions in The Backroons, where food is scarce and they must run from hostile entities?

4 Likes

Welcome! The first thing that springs to mind is a game based exactly on this premise, The SnackRooms. You could take inspiration from this, with the entities leaving food scattered around, perhaps fattening up their prey?

Or there could be some rival entities that want their victims to be fattened up in particular ways, leaving different foods out that would fatten different parts of the body. If one of those entities discovers the victims are eating their rival’s food, they could chase them away so that the victims both don’t eat that food, and any fat that they gained in “undesirable” areas would be burned off.

Not quite sure how I’d tie all of this into a conclusion, I can see multiple endings with this from the victims succumbing to either entity to the victims somehow managing to overpower the entities and fattening them instead, but not without a bit of “damage” along the way (It seems I’ve accidentally planned out a text adventure haha).

Kind of a weird plot I guess, but maybe there’s something useful in my ramblings lol.

5 Likes

You know, the Snackrooms is an actual place in The Backrooms lore!

Sub-Level 6.1, aka “The Snackrooms” is a completely safe level with non hostile entities, taking on the form of an infinite mall food court.

There’s bars, snack bars, restaurants and vending macnines. The perfect place for a fatty to balloon up, without the fear of having to run from danger or worry about where their next meal comes from.

But yeah, I can include Sub-Level 6.1 in the stories, but if I ended it there, the story would be really short.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

How about making your own custom backrooms level for this story that could be the protags goal or something they have to pass through to get to where they want to reach the next level

For an example perhaps level: the Blob mountains

A level of made of mostly harmless but super fat entities making the terrain a little difficult to move across that you have to walk across to get to the next level however due to the unique air quality of this level it’s slowly fattening you up over time so it’s important to bring obviously a gas mask to this level but there are also other entities that offer free and super fattening foods & drinks that act like super almond water & super meals a good level to quickly to recover and get out asap but means your going to be seriously hindered for quite a long time

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion!

A very long time ago, I actually did start my own Fandom for a Backrooms spinoff (Way before i tried writing wg stories), creating levels, entities and items. Looking back on it, I didn’t really write them in a good way.

One Level that comes to mind, a level I never gave a proper number/designation, took on the form of seemingly endless dark hallways, with dusty, red brick walls on its sides, electrical equipment/panels mounted on the walls, and the buzzing office lights from above.

And those afroementuoned electrical equipment? A plus-sized protag might have to turn sideways and have to squeeze through, their belly/rear getting squished.

1 Like

I’ve done some worldbuilding in this vein, and the approach I took was rather than recreating the Backrooms directly, I started creating a parody based around weight gain. As a couple of examples of the changes I made, I replaced almond water with a drink called Shake®, which is rich in nutrition and fairly fattening. Instead of a place where you starve to death, the lobby became a “feast-or-famine” zone where you would occasionally find areas full of food, but if you tried to take it with you it would be lost the next time you slept.

Similar to that, you could change things just enough to put more of a WG spin on them - or another related kink if you’re so inclined. For example, entities could try to stuff you or devour you whole, and environmental hazards might cause some kind of inflation or affect your appetite/metabolism.

2 Likes

Now that you talk about the concept of mosnter stuffing you the RUN level would be pretty great for that concept. You have to run for who knows how long meanwhile there are monsters trying to fatten you up, the more they feed you, the slower you get, with the prospect of reaching the end getting slimmer and slimmer while your waist gets fatter and fatter, until you are too fat to run anymore and are now at the mercy of the monsters whose only objective is to keep you there… permanently.

4 Likes

You know, that actually sounds neat.

I Don’t have to stick the lore/rules of The Backroome 100%. And i also had another idea i forgot to mention earlier:

A Cult that Worships fatties. There’s already cults in The Backrooms, and this cult?

Lets just say they’re looking for someone they can crown as their “King” or their “Queen”, and once theyve got their hold on them, the protag will be subject to be stuffed heavy, fattening meals.

Also, what if we thought of some kind of entity that is able to manipulate one’s weight and fat? I mean, hell, we’ve already got an entity called the “Bone Thief” that’ll just psychically remove a bone from your body.

But I’ve also been trying to think of a liposuction entity who just sucks the fat from people and call it a day. Like, lets say a 600+ pound protag who’s still walking encounters one, and they try to fight back, but the entity takes the fat it wants, leaving the protag weak and exhausted and they pass out, only for the protag to wake up rail thin.

Would anyone be interested in reading the first part of Chapter I of one of my Backrooms wg stories? It’s named “The Backrooms’ Bombshell”.

2 Likes

Back because I didn’t think of this earlier, but if you were to try to adapt the actual Backrooms for WG, I strongly recommend checking out Dungeon Meshi as a point of reference. The author put a ton of work into the logistics of staying nourished during a dungeon crawl where most people are reliant on their own limited rations, including finding things to be edible when you wouldn’t necessarily expect and the benefits of cooking over just eating whatever you find.

And yeah, you’ll definitely want entities that do a variety of things! Ones that suck fat from your body would pose a real threat to your health, while ones that forcefeed you or make you fatter could be beneficial or harmful depending on your circumstances. I definitely like the idea of a world that’s more variable than simply “fatter and fatter until you’re too big to move”.

1 Like

Thank you, I’l definitely check out Dungeon Meshi when I can.

And yeah, our protagonists will get fat (duh), but I don’t plan on them becoming immobile blobs, that would make them just sitting ducks and a 5 star meal for any entity.

But yeah, even if they do spend their lives gorging to immobility on a level devoid of entities, I’d like to still have mobility (albeit limited) just in case the level gets raided by something like Partygoers…

The thought of an morbidly obese Partygoer is kind of horrifying now that I think about it, but they probably wouldn’t be able to move…

With the “Obese Partygoers” idea, wouldn’t the “immobile size yet still walking” aspect be somewhat more unnerving?
Like, you come across such a being who, by all laws of biology and physics, should not be standing, much less capable of rapidly keeping up, yet they somehow still do.
Imagine it, you see these guys who are just globular yet they not only balance themselves on two legs, their gait is somehow not limited to waddling.
Of course, in that scenario you could probably escape with some tight quarters that they can’t fit their enormous bodies through - unless they somehow can morph all that pudge through doors and corridors, meaning they wouldn’t be hindered, but they can hinder you.
I recommend looking up playthroughs of a game called “Escape the Backrooms”, especially ones played by Smii7y and his group. Some of those levels are genuinely terrifying, and could probably provide inspiration, especially the earlier builds of the game.

2 Likes

Well the thing is, if I do somehow decide to try and include obese, rotund Partygoers, they do have the ability to no-clip.

Just a thought but maybe there could be sections of the walls/floor that are weaker, and if the character is high enough weight, they could smash through to advance.

1 Like

And end up in another level?

Up to you honestly. Could be a new level or just another part of the level. Like if say there’s a doorway they’re too big for, maybe there’s a crack in the wall nearby they can ram into to circumvent it. There’s a lot of things you can play with in terms of accessibility and navigation when it comes to different weights/sizes. Maybe sometimes it can be helpful, or maybe sometimes it can be a hinderance, like falling through the floor and ending up somewhere unintended

1 Like

Hmmm…

I think my biggest difficulties in writing these kind of stories include Entities and Objects related to making wanderers skinny or fat.

I would like to make some kind of entity thats able to suck out the fat from its victims, leaving them from a blubbery ball of lard to a rail thin stick, though, it doesn’t kill them. Sure, our fatty cast may lose their rotund physiques, but have gained the trade off of speed, stamina, and agility.

And, I would like to make Objects that can affect the wanderer’s weight in some way. One example (Taken from LordStormCaller), has this belt, that, the wanderer wraps around their belly, and it vibrates around the wearer’s stomach. With each vibration, the wanderer’s stomach gurgles, and in turn they release a burp. Each burp contains calories, and it could take up to hours, or days, of just wearing this belt and not really moving to go from absolute butterball to skinny.

What are some of your guys’ advice and suggestions for entities and objects, able to manipulate one’s weight?

You could usse skin stealers and reimagine them as beings that try to pass of as you by stealing your fat. When you have no more fat you have no more use to them so they just leave you alone.

1 Like

OH OH I just found one that would be quite fun

They gamble on how much weight you will gain and then try and make you go to places where very fattening entities are they couldd also do the oposite and gamble on how much you will lose. Have two in the same room gabling for the opossites and you are in for a wild ride

1 Like

Ah, I see. How do you suggest they do this? With their hands? Or maybe an entity that uses some kind of… Trunk like a mosquito?

If bitten, the victim will be temporarily paralyzed, and then this entity strikes, latching onto the victim’s massive, round, gelatinous belly and suckling it until all that excess fat is gone.

After that, the victim passes out, waking up as a skinny husk of their forner self.

Honestly that is a way better idea then whatever I had in mind. Also if you base yourself on the skin stealers from the game escape the backrooms That mouth in the middle of their chest makes it way better.

Picture above for reference

1 Like