Belly Mod release(old) (bugfix 1 released)

Finally! The update you’ve all been waiting for is here.

Install on a fresh copy of Fetish master. some of the things I changes wont work properly if you install over an old copy of my mod

I’ve made some bug fixes, structure changes and i remade the belly description size chart. The download link now links to the full patch with the fixed bugs. You should install it onto a clean copy of fetishmaster

Be warned, there will be bugs and there is a bunch of stuff that is functional but lacking content and stuff that is just stubbed out for future use. I wanted to get an update out before any more feature creep happened, and I wanted some actual content for the forum.

This is a full list of the contents of the mod rather than just what is included in the new version. I will bold things that i added for this patch

[ul][li]Added the ability for your proxies to get a belly fetish, and breast fetishwhich adds extra text when you start using a proxy. they’re tell you what they think of their breasts/belly and if they want to be bigger[/li]

[li]altered a bunch of existing files to contribute to a proxy’s desire to grow[/li]

[li]Redid the belly size descriptions for like the 3rd time. I’m probably going to do it again soon to make it more accurate[/li]

[li]Adds an indicator for how full a given proxy’s stomach is. this is vital information[/li]

[li]added 2 client types to the brothel. a fat woman and a very fat woman[/li]

[li]Added cowgirl style to sex[/li]

[li]Added a bunch of description to sex involving different sized bellies.also tweaked a few number in this for this release and fixed couple bugs[/li]

[li]Added a belly rub system to make a proxy like their belly more. this patch reworked like half of the system from the previous one. You can now have your proxy take different poses and make the move between them. As an example of what i added: When your proxy is on their hands and knees it now tells you how far their belly is from touching the ground. I’m really happy with how this part turned out. Next patch i will finish the overhaul with specific action/descriptions for each pose. right now the old ones are there so be ready for some descriptive dissonance[/li]

[li]Added a feeding/force feeding mini-game. Can be used between 2 proxy’s, can be used on the kau people in the village(haven’t tested this much), or on a new character appearing in this patch[/li]

[li]Added an ice-cream shop that sells, milkshakes, ice-cream sandwiches, ice-cream cake, and cheesecake[/li]

[li]Said ice-cream shop owner can be convinced to gain weight then fed with the feeding system. Its slow going to get her to want to gain but keep at it. Will get more content in the next patch that adds more stuff [/li]

[li]Added a body modification lab with a few potions. This is mostly a stub but might have some use right now.[/li]

[li]Added a description to the appearance window for mood and arousal[/li]

[li]Remade the pregnancy striptease. It’s a minigame. it’s fully functional but needs more content[/li]

[li]Nerfed Creme Eclairs. Honestly I’ll have to take a look at all the food very soon [/li][/ul]

Fixed bugs and added:

[ul][li]Remake of the belly size description. it should be more accurate to the simulation now[/li]
[li]renamed files that might cause conflict with other mods. should help with mod conflicts in the future[/li][/ul]

I think that covers everything, but i might have missed something. I’m very tired at this point haha

Please give me any feedback, bug reports, or spelling corrections. Leave them here or on my DA linked below

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jg8y4ifzy2tp1o9/Dohavocom_Belly_Mod%28myre_patch%29.zip

That’s a nice mod mate.
It’s not the first time I’ve tried out Fetish Master, but it’s my first time with your mod, went smoothly. Other than proxies running away or getting sent to the hospital because I’m too hard on my slaves. lol, but eh that’s why I always fiddle with debug mode.
:smiley:

I really appreciate that! there are plenty of bugs because of how rough i cut it out from my development build.

Needs a bit of proofreading, some stuff’s definitely broken.

-Can’t exit kitchen, just loops
-Can never get Myre to accept cream - doesn’t check the flag to see if it’s at or above 1 before resetting it to 1, so trying to tell her you’ve got it just undoes it.
-Can’t offer Ovaria Fruit either as it checks if the flag is >0 instead of =0 or >/=1

Could be more, I’ve only spent a couple minutes dicking around.

[quote=“jimbobvii, post:4, topic:729”]Needs a bit of proofreading, some stuff’s definitely broken.

-Can never get Myre to accept cream - doesn’t check the flag to see if it’s at or above 1 before resetting it to 1, so trying to tell her you’ve got it just undoes it.
-Can’t offer Ovaria Fruit either as it checks if the flag is >0 instead of =0 or >/=1

Could be more, I’ve only spent a couple minutes dicking around.[/quote]
Oh, i can tell you for certain there is more. I knew this was going to be a buggy release, but i wanted to get something out after 6 months of promises

I’ve gotten some bugs where (not sure if it’s related to your mod) Vicky’s quest / Edesia quest get stuck and can’t get further. For Vicky, I had gotten Eclairs but the eating contests never opened up, and for Edesia it was that Himukura stopped showing up. There also appear to be a huge number of possible events/dialouge with Myre, but I only ever had the ability to do the basic conversations, flirting, encouraging, and eventually stuffing.

Vicky’s quest extension are part of nostorodamus’s mod. Actually I’ll have to take a look at something that might be interfering with his quest line there… If you go into the events/muffin_top try deleting the inside_d.walk and see if that fixes your issue. it isn’t that important at this point and maybe it is interfering with the other mod. If it turns out that is the problem then I’ll make the changes that that requires.

As for Himukura, I don’t remember who that is and cant find any reference in his mod (with a quick check over). Could you elaborate?

As for the large number of event dialogue event files and few options: some of them are non repeatable and some of the are part of branching paths so you might not even see some of them. So that’s acting as intended i believe. Most of her dialogue content is in templates which change as she gains weight

I’d just like to add a reminder that this was going to be a rough release so that i didn’t have to work for another 6 months without any delivery haha

Great work so far, Dohavocom! I’ve been taking notes when playing. Here’s the bugs I’ve found so far in addition to the ones already mentioned:

Significant

[ul][li]Body Lab → “Do you need any of these ingredients” → King’s Sorrel – Handing over the herbs doesn’t actually subtract the herbs from the proxy’s inventory.[/li]
[li]Body Lab → Mental Potions will get you stuck in an endless loop if you don’t have enough ingredients[/li]
[li]Hospital → Body Shape Modification → Watermelon Special – If a proxy knows about the watermelon special, but does not have enough breast milk in her inventory, then clicking the “watermelon special” link will activate your mod’s file, giving the proxy a breast fetish and increasing her desire for fat.[/li]
[li](Not 100% sure of repro) The conditions for city/icecream_shop/main and city/icecream_shop/main_huge seem to be bugged. They’re currently (clock.getHours() >= 10) || (clock.getHours() <= 22), which is always true, so the player usually cannot see the night scene. Changing the condition to (clock.getHours() >= 10) && (clock.getHours() <= 22) fixes this.[/li]
[li]Given the way you’ve structured the conditionals for the status_fat_* includes, Myre often won’t display any status message (just a blank space) when her belly is between 10% and 50% full.[/li][/ul]

Regarding the feeding system, I think it’s a great start, but I noticed that if you use the buffs provided by rubbing a proxy’s belly & encouraging them, and then stuff them until they’re below “happy”, then they’ll almost always quit one turn after the feeding session ends due to being extremely overfull when the buffs expire. It’s kind of jarring.

Also, you can chain-rub a proxy’s belly with no consequences (no time cost, no mood/energy cost) in order to boost their desire for fat to sky-high levels in one session.

(It’s kind of a pity that the core FM system doesn’t really let you easily implement some kind of system that resists too-fast changes like that.)

Minor/Cosmetic

[ul][li]pork_raw has the same consumption message as the strength potion; raw_pork has no consumption message at all.[/li]
[li]templates/char/myre/goal_thought_3b seems to have a copypaste error, as it includes the same action description of status_fat_3.[/li]
[li]templates/char/myre/goal_thought_7 also seems to have a copypaste error, as it also is an action instead of a thought.[/li][/ul]

Purely Suggestion
When going through the mod’s files, I noticed you basically didn’t use the priority system at all, and you rarely nest includes. It might be a bit cleaner and simpler to code if you used cascading includes for the really big decision trees, like the status_ messages, since they need to include reactions for whether she’s very full, not so full, empty and whether or not the proxy is allowed to stuff her. If there’s a message that needs to override others, you can bump the priority up by one.

An example:

(theoretical "status_2" event)
Conditions:
PerGetFlag("myre_meet") ==1 && myre.getStat("generic.abdomen") >3 && myre.getStat("generic.abdomen") <=5;

Script:
<%Include("char/myre/status_2_");%>

("status_2_full" event, identical effect to current "status_full_2")
Conditions: myre.getStat("abdomen.food")>(0.5*myre.getStat("abdomen.stomach_volume"));
Script: (just the regular text)

("status_2_fat" event, identical effect to current "status_fat_2")
Conditions: myre.getStat("abdomen.food")<(0.1*myre.getStat("abdomen.stomach_volume"));

("status_2_fat2" event, identical effect to current "status_fat2a")
Conditions: myre.getStat("abdomen.food")<(0.1*myre.getStat("abdomen.stomach_volume")) && PerGetFlag("proxy_allowed_feed") == 1 && Chance(30) ;
Script: (regular text)

("status_2_ready" event, identical effect to current "status_ready_2")
Conditions: Chance(50) && GetFlag("myre_stuffing_okay") ==1 && PerGetFlag("proxy_allowed_feed") ==1;
Script: (text + SetFlag, just as currently written)

And examining the above, you can see the gap in conditions between being 10% and 50% full. :slight_smile:

That great feedback thanks. I’ll take a look at things later tonight and give you a much longer response!

[quote=“cloaked-ghost, post:8, topic:729”]Great work so far, Dohavocom! I’ve been taking notes when playing. Here’s the bugs I’ve found so far in addition to the ones already mentioned:

Significant

[ul][li]Body Lab → “Do you need any of these ingredients” → King’s Sorrel – Handing over the herbs doesn’t actually subtract the herbs from the proxy’s inventory.[/li]
[li]Body Lab → Mental Potions will get you stuck in an endless loop if you don’t have enough ingredients[/li]
[li]Hospital → Body Shape Modification → Watermelon Special – If a proxy knows about the watermelon special, but does not have enough breast milk in her inventory, then clicking the “watermelon special” link will activate your mod’s file, giving the proxy a breast fetish and increasing her desire for fat.[/li]
[li](Not 100% sure of repro) The conditions for city/icecream_shop/main and city/icecream_shop/main_huge seem to be bugged. They’re currently (clock.getHours() >= 10) || (clock.getHours() <= 22), which is always true, so the player usually cannot see the night scene. Changing the condition to (clock.getHours() >= 10) && (clock.getHours() <= 22) fixes this.[/li]
[li]Given the way you’ve structured the conditionals for the status_fat_* includes, Myre often won’t display any status message (just a blank space) when her belly is between 10% and 50% full.[/li][/ul]

Regarding the feeding system, I think it’s a great start, but I noticed that if you use the buffs provided by rubbing a proxy’s belly & encouraging them, and then stuff them until they’re below “happy”, then they’ll almost always quit one turn after the feeding session ends due to being extremely overfull when the buffs expire. It’s kind of jarring.

Also, you can chain-rub a proxy’s belly with no consequences (no time cost, no mood/energy cost) in order to boost their desire for fat to sky-high levels in one session.

(It’s kind of a pity that the core FM system doesn’t really let you easily implement some kind of system that resists too-fast changes like that.)

Minor/Cosmetic

[ul][li]pork_raw has the same consumption message as the strength potion; raw_pork has no consumption message at all.[/li]
[li]templates/char/myre/goal_thought_3b seems to have a copypaste error, as it includes the same action description of status_fat_3.[/li]
[li]templates/char/myre/goal_thought_7 also seems to have a copypaste error, as it also is an action instead of a thought.[/li][/ul]

Purely Suggestion
When going through the mod’s files, I noticed you basically didn’t use the priority system at all, and you rarely nest includes. It might be a bit cleaner and simpler to code if you used cascading includes for the really big decision trees, like the status_ messages, since they need to include reactions for whether she’s very full, not so full, empty and whether or not the proxy is allowed to stuff her. If there’s a message that needs to override others, you can bump the priority up by one.

An example:

(theoretical "status_2" event)
Conditions:
PerGetFlag("myre_meet") ==1 && myre.getStat("generic.abdomen") >3 && myre.getStat("generic.abdomen") <=5;

Script:
<%Include("char/myre/status_2_");%>

("status_2_full" event, identical effect to current "status_full_2")
Conditions: myre.getStat("abdomen.food")>(0.5*myre.getStat("abdomen.stomach_volume"));

("status_2_fat" event, identical effect to current "status_fat_2")
Conditions: myre.getStat("abdomen.food")<(0.1*myre.getStat("abdomen.stomach_volume"));

("status_2_fat2" event, identical effect to current "status_fat2a")
Conditions: myre.getStat("abdomen.food")<(0.1*myre.getStat("abdomen.stomach_volume")) && PerGetFlag("proxy_allowed_feed") == 1 && Chance(30) ;
Script: (regular text)

("status_2_ready" event, identical effect to current "status_ready_2")
Conditions: Chance(50) && GetFlag("myre_stuffing_okay") ==1 && PerGetFlag("proxy_allowed_feed") ==1;
Script: (text + SetFlag, just as currently written)

And examining the above, you can see the gap in conditions between being 10% and 50% full. :)[/quote]

Fixed the King’s sorrel one - Actually all the ingredients had this issue, but apparently i missed this one

Infinite loop is fixed. I had that menu set as the return point. I removed that and it seems to have fixed it.

I had noticed this before but i don’t normally do breast related stuff. I added all the conditions from the base event into mine and that should fix it.

I’ve been aware of this bug for some time. I had noticed it for a long time but it didn’t bother me much so i let it sit not sure of how to fix it. Turns out I’m retarded. This is now fixed

The status_fat_* includes were designed that way because I only wanted her to make the comments when she was actually pretty full. I’ll have to look into it a bit deeper.

the feeding/encouraging part was something that i tried but didn’t work out in both content and stats. I had assumed that effects with the same name wouldn’t stack but i was apparently wrong. I also wasn’t sure how to work in encouragements without getting too fanficy. Any comments on the content or dialogue?

I hadn’t considered the consequences of the feeding causing proxies to quit. though it does kind of make sense though in a way? Regardless I’ll take a look at it sometime because i also want to completely rework how stomach volume is calculated and when i do that i’ll have to give part of the feeding system another pass. The problem is that i tried to “hack in” the force feeding part. because in the game there is no already existing code for the proxy being uncomfortably full or something.

pork_raw is now deleted. I guess i made the file twice and the consume message has been removed from the other one. It shouldn’t even be consumable unless it’s cooked though.

You’re right about 3b. It has been copy pasted from somewhere else. I’m not sure what text i cactually had there previously. I’ll have to give it a little bit of thought haha.

I don’t see an issue with goal_thought_7. maybe you clicked goal action 7 by mistake?

As to the structure thing its a limit of the fact that I learn and implement as i go. For example the character of Julia from a couple previous releases existed as a way for me to play around with the include function and building characters (like vicky, that cow lady, and…that other cow lady). I only had to pay any attention to the priorities recently when they started messing with one of the files i needed to merge down. Though your criticism there is good it comes down to me finding the motivation to refactor the templates there. it’s within my ability it would just have to get the motivation to do so. I do generally nowadays try to divvy things up in that way. I’m trying to move more and more towards accurate and detailed descriptions of things (for example the recent changes i made to the belly play where it tells you how far the belly is from the ground) and part of that is using more includes to get finer varied details.

But anyway , I really appreciate the feedback!

[quote=“jimbobvii, post:4, topic:729”]Needs a bit of proofreading, some stuff’s definitely broken.

Could be more, I’ve only spent a couple minutes dicking around.[/quote]

Fixed the kitchen loop. it was referencing the wrong file.

Fixed the cream issue by making it only set the flag if the quest hasn’t advanced

Ovaria fruit is fixed as well.

Just as an announcement to everyone else. I’ll put out another release soon with all the fixes I’ve done

Great work on making so many fixes so quickly, Dohavocom!

I mentioned it mostly because it’s a bit jarring. When you first encounter Myre, and up until you get to stuff her, she says something to the player every time the player enters the shop, even if it’s just “hello good to see you again”. Since I was used to seeing a message, I assumed the lack of one was a bug or oversight.

I’d be plenty happy just having the standard “hi nice to see you again” message pop in there if she’s not triggering the under-10% or over-50% dialogue options, for consistency’s sake.

I actually didn’t see much dialogue or action in the Feeding interaction. If anything, it feels a little too spartan right now. Even just a handful of random sentences for rubbing/encouraging would make it feel more fleshed-out, I think.

Yeah, I think it’s something that’ll need to get revisited later since it seems like a limitation of how the base Fetish Master code handles overfullness. The problem is that the proxy’s behavior doesn’t make overt sense unless you know how FM’s mood code interacts with fullness, and about how the rub/encourage buffs work (i.e. they’re 1-hour buffs to stomach capacity). You can stuff a proxy until she’s described as “comfortable” but “willing to eat more”, stop there, and then she instantly quits as soon as the hour advances – it feels like a bug or balance problem.

[quote=“Juxtaterrestrial, post:10, topic:729”]As to the structure thing its a limit of the fact that I learn and implement as i go. For example the character of Julia from a couple previous releases existed as a way for me to play around with the include function and building characters (like vicky, that cow lady, and…that other cow lady). I only had to pay any attention to the priorities recently when they started messing with one of the files i needed to merge down. Though your criticism there is good it comes down to me finding the motivation to refactor the templates there. it’s within my ability it would just have to get the motivation to do so. I do generally nowadays try to divvy things up in that way. I’m trying to move more and more towards accurate and detailed descriptions of things (for example the recent changes i made to the belly play where it tells you how far the belly is from the ground) and part of that is using more includes to get finer varied details.

But anyway , I really appreciate the feedback![/quote]

No problem, and I’m glad to hear you’re already familiar with the technique. I’m certainly not demanding that you spend hour reworking those conditions – that’d be a lot of work for no benefit. :slight_smile:

Sorry, I went overboard spelling since I couldn’t remember the name. It’s Himaka, who gets fattened up at the end of the bathouse quest chain. I think it might be related to the issue with the eating contests not getting started (which could be totally unrelated to your mod), since the final stage Himaka’s stuff has a special event with Vicky’s training.

Mod is a ton of fun, I’m happy to see all the new stuff. Keep up the good work! ;D

hope nobody minds if I leave my two cents on the mod here. I dabbled in fm a while back, but even with the older version of the belly mod (in which belly smother caused my game to crash) I could find only a limited amount of enjoyment from. this time around, though, i’m really having a blast. with my usual set of devmode tweaks to my proxy to keep things fun at all points, I found a much more hospitable environment. I absolutely love myre even if I have no idea where the ingredients are- even though the closing time seems a little buggy and inconsistent. and the belly potion is my absolutely favorite item ever! …if only there were some way to convince myre to drink it…

anyway, this has been a jaw-droppingly big improvement over the last version I had. nice work!

[quote=“firesoul10, post:14, topic:729”]hope nobody minds if I leave my two cents on the mod here. I dabbled in fm a while back, but even with the older version of the belly mod (in which belly smother caused my game to crash) I could find only a limited amount of enjoyment from. this time around, though, i’m really having a blast. with my usual set of devmode tweaks to my proxy to keep things fun at all points, I found a much more hospitable environment. I absolutely love myre even if I have no idea where the ingredients are- even though the closing time seems a little buggy and inconsistent. and the belly potion is my absolutely favorite item ever! …if only there were some way to convince myre to drink it…

anyway, this has been a jaw-droppingly big improvement over the last version I had. nice work![/quote]

Thanks that means a lot!

the closing/opening time bug is fixed for the next release and there currently few ingredients to give her yet (and one that you can is bugged . Fixed in the next release though).

The belly potion will be going away in its current form but it’s effects will come back in more balanced ways

[quote=“Dohavocom, post:15, topic:729”]Thanks that means a lot!

the closing/opening time bug is fixed for the next release and there currently few ingredients to give her yet (and one that you can is bugged . Fixed in the next release though).

The belly potion will be going away in its current form but it’s effects will come back in more balanced ways[/quote]

good to know. I understand the removal too- but being the cheating bugger I am, i’ll find a way to get one. :wink:

[quote=“firesoul10, post:16, topic:729”][quote=“Dohavocom, post:15, topic:729”]Thanks that means a lot!

The belly potion will be going away in its current form but it’s effects will come back in more balanced ways[/quote]

good to know. I understand the removal too- but being the cheating bugger I am, I’ll find a way to get one. ;)[/quote]

As long as you’re not coming onto my computer and messing with my code that’s fine. How exactly do you think i figured out FM’s scripts haha

Sorry, I went overboard spelling since I couldn’t remember the name. It’s Himaka, who gets fattened up at the end of the bathouse quest chain. I think it might be related to the issue with the eating contests not getting started (which could be totally unrelated to your mod), since the final stage Himaka’s stuff has a special event with Vicky’s training.

Mod is a ton of fun, I’m happy to see all the new stuff. Keep up the good work! ;D[/quote]

Considering that Nostaradamus’ mod is very content related to this belly mod patch, wouldn’t it be a good idea if you incorporated those files into your own, Dovahcom, to create an even more expansive world without having to worry about mod clashes? :slight_smile: Forgive my ignorance, i am not very well-versed in how programming works. :’(

Mod is a ton of fun, I’m happy to see all the new stuff. Keep up the good work! ;D[/quote]

Considering that Nostaradamus’ mod is very content related to this belly mod patch, wouldn’t it be a good idea if you incorporated those files into your own, Dovahcom, to create an even more expansive world without having to worry about mod clashes? :slight_smile: Forgive my ignorance, i am not very well-versed in how programming works. :’([/quote]

I’m sure some programmers wold take issue with calling what i do “programming”. Scripting is probably more appropriate.

Anyway, Nostradamus’ scripting style is different than the approach I try to take . Fetishmaster is a simulation at heart and those are the aspects of it i find the most interesting and those are the aspects i try to build on. N’s mod (and his style) seem to be more narratively focused and i would feel constrained by that content were i to integrate it fully. Some of his stuff would also clash with some of the changes i intend to make to the way the game handles stomach volume. I do really enjoy his mod but fully integrating it with mine…well i wouldn’t do it because it’s not my content and i wouldn’t want to “steal” his and i think it would create more work for me.

However, I would love to collaborate with him on some things but i don’t have a way to get in contact with him besides just yelling into the void.

I do plan on writing a proper guide to install both mods successfully and i also plan for the bugfix patch that I’m going to put out to have file changes to help reduce mod clash

Updated to OP to reflect I released a bug patch. You’ll probably have to do a clean install. that actually might be a trend with my mods going forward…we’ll see