Bellymod devblog (current)

Man, you are torturing me. You keep telling about awesome stuff, but there still no update :3
You are doing the great job, it’s nice to hear news from you

Is there any way to beta test this WIP version?

Nope. It’s not really in a place where beta testing would help me. The holdup is on me making content: getting all the lines written. The systems are in place and just need to be fleshed out.

Would you accept help in writing the content?

Unlikely. Ther’d be concerns over matching style, getting them to figure out the way i have things structured. And then they would have to be someone i trusted as well

1 Like

What do you mean you have to trust someone first?

I don’t trust random people to help me with my projects.

Why don’t you trust random people to test out your projects?

Because random people are unreliable

Unreliable how? Like are you worried they won’t give feedback or what?

When someone is offering to help test a game what they want is to be able to play it. And what i need from a tester in an early stage is an eye for detail, and a willingness to do boring and repetitive tasks so that i can fix bugs and what not.

Random people and not the kind of people willing to do that kind of work. Typically it’s some combination of:
-no/limited/bad/unrepresenative/undetailed feedback
-No or low responsiveness
-Untimely feedback
-Extremely biased feedback (like the game doesn’t fit their preferences)

It’s not that I’m worried about it - it’s that I’ve experienced it with my book project and beta readers for it.

Truth be told that i haven’t had the motivation, incentive, or desire to work on this projects for awhile. I have other fetish projects I’ve been working on along with non fetish projects.

But i will offer advice to people offering to test a game for someone: You don’t need an indev build of a game to help test a game. Go though already released projects and find bugs (and provide detailed reports on the circumstances that you found them in). Go though and find typos and mark where they appeared. Provide detailed feedback on the game. Say what you liked and what you didn’t like and then be detailed as to why you felt that way about it. What mechanics added to this feeling.

If you go out of the way to provide a service for a developer, they’re going to be a million percent more likely to ask for help testing in the future.

1 Like

But the more people you have test it, the more likely you’ll find people who are able to give usable feedback.

Its up to the dev to decide if they feel this is going to be helpful or not helpful. I see the sentiment a lot, and if we’re all being honest, its not coming from a place of wanting to actually help the development 9 times out of 10, its coming from a place of wanting to get access to new content faster. And that’s setting aside the fact that this started with a discussion of helping produce content for the game, not testing it. Most devs aren’t too willing to give up the reigns to randos on the internet, especially since, much like the previous point, many of the aforementioned randos are just doing it to get their fantasy fetish content into a game without doing the hard work of actually making a game.

Is this all very cynical, yes, yes it is, but be honest with yourself. Do you actually want to help someone else create their game, or do you want to add your own page to someone else’s book or get an early peak?

Haven’t you heard of casting a wider net? And yes, I would like to help him.

The thing that would make me eager to collaborate on a project with someone else is a history of that person delivering on their own projects and producing content that i like and respect.

But that is irrelevant at the moment, because as I said above, this project is on the back burner.

For what it’s worth, I run a shop on Etsy where I make and sell fantasy dildos if that counts as delivering on my own projects.

Any chance there is a version out that isn’t through patron? (the link to the “current release” doesn’t work anymore.

I fixed the link to the most recent version. no other version after that has been released

1 Like

Closing this thread because new project is under way: Juxtaterrestrial's Total Belly Conversion Mod Devblog (v1-1-0 and earlier)