Big Aspirations (0.6.2) A weight gain interactive story

My thought process was that at the very least you get to enjoy some art when doing those events and Aubrey has to physically leave her home, where as with the food I thought of it more like Aubrey changed her mind before going out, if that make sense?

2 Likes

I found another bug, after buying the amulet and scroll on the same day, I went back into the shop a few days later to buy the incense but could only ā€œask for infoā€ where it told me about the 2nd scroll. Somehow this made me gain ~20kg overnight, skipping the 2nd weight-up scene completely and going straight to the end of the game. I was only passively gaining 5kg before then so it canā€™t have been just the items I had already, although it was pretty funny reaching the end of the game without ever eating anything haha

Yeah, I was play testing and came across that same bug, I have uploaded an updated version to Itch.io so that shouldnā€™t be an issue anymore haha

3 Likes

Really enjoying this game so far! I like the idea of an interactive game where you have AI art as a visual reference. Looking forward to when this game gets updated in the future! Maybe having more activities you can partake in outside of work would be a good step forward?

Hey, that wa real nice for a first release. The AI art really works here. Iā€™m looking forward to more. Perhaps some ways to fatten the store girl. Also, I get it would be a lot of work and probably not very doable, but I would love a non-hourglass version. Not that I donā€™t like the actual body shape, I just like variety :smiley:

2 Likes

The image for pay raise 1 is broken.

1 Like

As is the image for when you get stuck in the doorway of the magic shop. Also, you canā€™t leave that screen.

Bit of a stupid question but how do i restart the game? Each time i run the game it takes me to where i last left off but is there an option to start again?

From my understanding, Twine saves information directly into your local browser storage, so if you were to clear your session and your cookies that should set the game back to itā€™s initial state. Alternatively when the next version is uploaded you will start over from the beginning since it is a new game file.

Closing and reopening the tab worked for me. Every other online Twine game Iā€™ve played has reset as soon as I refreshed the page though so I understand the confusion.

Is your browser in a private or incognito mode? Because that clears cookies and info when closing out the tab or session. Could be why you normally donā€™t have a session saved.

Got it sorted. Thank you for the solutions everyone!

No, and looking through my settings thereā€™s nothing that should clear cookies when refreshing/closing tabs. All my site logins etc remain, itā€™s just games hosted on itch that have this weirdness. In fact this game is an anomaly as itā€™s the only one that does save when refreshing, idk whatā€™s going on there lol

Do you generate your own art using AI? If so, what AI art generator do you use? Regardless, I like the art a lot!

I have been generating my own art, I have been using a combination of NovelAI to help generate images and Dezgoā€™s various models to refine the art into something to my liking. The one that I use for the final images most of the time is Something 2. It is a fairly timely process but I think that the end products has been worth it.

6 Likes

This is a fun game so far, a really solid foundation that looks pretty easy to build on which is not easy to do when first making a game.

I have a question though, how many weight gain stages are there for the character currently? I had the character gain weight twice but then it seemed locked into that stage. I wasnā€™t sure if I had glitched something by using the scrolls or if the ā€œcurvyā€ stage was the last one. Which is fine I just wasnā€™t sure.

1 Like

I think itā€™s the last current stage

1 Like

If I remember correctly the final stage tells you its the max weight stage after the event is done playing. But there are three weight stages.

Newest version is now live! Please let me know of any issues that you may come across

Version 0.2 content includes

• 2 more weight stages
  • A bunch of new events to discover
  • Dating!
  • A couple of endings
  • Over 30000 words
  • Over 250 images

A shout out to @Morte_Nera for aiding in writing a couple of scenes!

9 Likes

Great to see an update so quickly, so far Iā€™ve encountered a LOT of broken image files thoughā€¦
Keep up the good work!