Big Aspirations (0.6.2) A weight gain interactive story

I only encountered the 2nd promotion image being missing, everything else seemed to be there. The pacing for certain events does seem a little broken though. You can’t eat the biggest meals/bakery items until you’ve eaten a certain amount of the smaller items (presumably a hidden capacity variable?), but by the time you’ve done that you’ve already gone up a weight stage so the art tied to the previous stage’s biggest meals can’t be seen. I also never got access to Stephanie’s number until several days after I’d reached the highest weight stage, so all of her previous dates were blocked off. In fact the rate of weight gain overall seems too high since I couldn’t view all of Beth’s and Jamie’s dates before I went to the next weight stage, and that was just with the passive gain from the amulet.

Other than that though, the new content here is great, and the multiple dates and interactions with the shop keep add a lot more variety than just “eat more, get bigger”. A couple dates feel like they could use an image to supplement them (or if there’s intended to be one, I didn’t even see a “failed to load” icon), but the descriptions already do a lot of work. One other thing I’d suggest though is giving the player an extra vial for themselves as well as the shop keep so that secret ending isn’t blocked off depending on what you feed the shop keep. Also allowing multiple transformations would of her would be nice too, so you’re not locked to just one image per run. This is some stellar work so far though, keep it up!

Could you be more specific ln what images are broken for you? It would help me to narrow down what I am looking to correct.

You are correct in that there are hidden variables in the background that help to determine when certain events trigger. The idea being that Aubrey needs to become more gluttonous before she can do certain things. So I wanted to account for randomness and player choices by having certain thresholds determine when you can do certain things. I do agree with you that the pace of gain is likely too quick though and it can make it too easy to miss certain events. (Though the idea of players missing some things is not an inherently bad one). I will likely go back into the code and lower the numbers on weight increase so that the pace of the game lines up more with what I am hoping to achieve.

During the second “promotion” the image fails. If you want the specific part, I have copied the line " “Thank you for coming to see me. I am happy to inform you that your efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. As of today you will be recieving a pay raise. Congratulations Aubrey! I am sure if you keep on going the way you are now that we will be seeing “Big” things out of you.”

1 Like

I should have added an edit, it may have been my internet being silly as I tried again and it was fine after a reload.
However, I did find that once you had reached max size or a certain point, the promotion memo kept showing up, and the image associated with that was broken. Also, Become the Glizzard was a permanent thing that was free… not sure if that was intentional.
From memory I found no other issues. But I am very eager to see how the rest of it pans out.
If I would offer one suggestion, depending on the experience you are hoping to provide, but you could lessen the amount of weight gained and/or the amount of money earnt, as they seem to grow quite fast and it isn’t long until you are just rolling in dough, literally.

​Patch 0.2.1

• Fixed some broken images
  • Nerfed weight gain from food, scrolls, the amulet and incense
  • Lowered starting pay from $50->$25, pay raises will still give $25 increase.

​The changes are in hopes of slowing down the pace of the game to allow for players to see more of what each weight stage has to offer.

6 Likes

Well done. Nice to play. Thank you.

Not to sound unkind, but I had plenty of time in the earlier weight stages to see everything, even before this nerf. Now the early stages just feel extremely grindy. In particular there’s no change after the first weight stage - no promotion, no additonal unlocks at the shop - so the whole grind from stage zero to stage two feels like you’re playing the same throughout. It does feel like the later weight stages maybe progressed a hair too quickly, but it would be nice to make the start faster while you’re making the end slower.

1 Like

I don’t see the point of the nerf, either - I struggled to get the first raise and even then it took me forever to get the last two weight stages. Considering it seems to be random to get any raises, I don’t think nerfing the pay is a good move.

the nerf is a welcome addition

1 Like

How about just adding a sort of hard more for those who prefer the nerf?

1 Like

I think my main issue was just from buying the amulet from the start, then focusing solely on the mukbang streamer to see if there was new content there so by the time I got around to looking at other stuff I’d already gone up a weight stage through the passive gain. Pretty dumb way to play in retrospect since the streamer’s content isn’t tied to the players weight, but I still think the amulet was too strong beforehand as I was only just able to see all of the eating scenes from both the restaurant and the bakery with the amulet active on the last day before I went up to the 2nd weight stage, so in that regard it’s balanced perfectly imo.

The income change I’m not really bothered about, it adds maybe a minute of clicking through the days before you gain and the income starts snowballing. So long as you’re not dumping all of the money into the streamer you can get through everything pretty easily. Didn’t realise there were multiple scenes for each girl’s “hit up the town” date so I missed the 1st round of dates (I’m assuming there’s only two stages of dates for each girl currently?) but other than that I think I’ve found everything currently in the game.

A couple bug finds:

• Stephanie’s “come over” date on the last weight stage doesn’t have an image
  • The WG and AE endings and the 3rd picture on the final weight-up scene have semi-broken images. They show but there’s this error attached to them:
  • Jamie’s nightclub date has no content, just kicks you back to the selection menu
  • The 2nd promotion event is broken, repeatedly shows up after the 1st time but is the only way to get (what I’m assuming at least) the intended income for that weight stage, it gives you 125 while the standard option only gives 50
  • You can’t give the shop keep any vial other than the WG one, even after buying all of them

The raises are from each time you go up a weight stage, I think from the 3rd stage onwards? I was just zipping through to cover the new patch so may be wrong on where the raises start

For me each update its a really next step forward, also really nice ai art.

I have 2 questions ¿the scrolls are a multiplayer for gaining?
Whats the point of the donut store, ¿is just more AI art?

1 Like

The scrolls add a flat 5kg each time you buy them, and after eating enough donuts you unlock Stephanie’s phone number + dates

3 Likes

Really enjoyable update, you added quite a lot of content. Beth is the besth.

I think this is probably the best weight gain life sim out there so far, good job!

I’ve heard there are ways to get other endings, but I’m not sure what to do? Do I need to do the magic shop questline until I can buy the vials?

Also I love the subplot about the coworker losing weight while you gain it, role reversal plots like this are always awesome. I’d love to see more of that!

1 Like

Patch 0.2.2

• Added image to Steph Date 2
  • Fixed broken links in AE ending, WG ending and Final Transition scene
  • Fixed Jamie’s nightclub scene
  • Fixed pay raise event 2 so that it is a one time event
  • Made first pay raise now available starting at stage 2 if conditions are met
  • Added a new NPC to the donut shop!
3 Likes

I love the most recent patch. I think I see the pattern now each vial will be for a different NPC. I can guess Beth will get the AE vial. I can only wonder who will be lucky enough to get the Hyper vial. My money is on Stephanie. :slight_smile:

1 Like

liking the update however something broke when you updated some the images and now several other images are broken throughout the game itself