Blobgistics: Sci-Fi Fattasy Text Adventure

Started over on newest build. Essentially after the first night, when you wake up, it immediately thinks the game is back at night time again. (I believe it probably has something to do with the amount of actions each day - they don’t get reset, so the game thinks you have 0 and ends the day again)

2 Likes

Can’t seem to advance. I click on the Retire for the Day button but afterwards I only get the same three buttons, Check Displays, Drone Control and Retire for the Day.

1 Like

no i just figured it out, it’s the code i have in to check if you have researched the alarm clock, it pulls on a variable that i didnt yet define as 0 haha… sorry, gonna update that SHORTLY

4 Likes

the 1.5 update is out now
specifics are in the changelog or dev post depending on where you source your local news
but WOWIE ZOWIE NEW CRAP amiright?

2 Likes

Possibly appropriate, but researching the auto-feeder made things spin out of control pretty quickly, where even with all drones collecting nutrients, all the siphon upgrades, and spending all my day/funds on shopping I could barely keep up consumption (while burning cash at a prodigious rate).

Edit: Also, descriptions vanish (at least on top-heavy) after going above 500 - taking a glance at the code, looks like that’s not intended.

1 Like

I really like it!

A few game notes though, its super easy to cheese by just not feeding her while researching away. Maybe she needs some kind of mood stat if she isnt being fed enough game over or at least a consequence happens

and the autofeeder turns into a death spiral. even with all four drones on food, all the siphon upgrades you just cant keep up with buying / earning cash

But this is a really cool concept, keep up the good work!

1 Like

yeah i cranked the numbers a little TOO much on the autofeeder for sure… dialing those back… and i already have an idea in mind for what to do if your boss is hungry

1 Like

alright 1.5.1 is now out
autofeeder is toned down quite a bit… my bad on that one guys
and you can no longer ignore a hungry bosslady

2 Likes

i ALSO fixed a couple minor syntax errors, apologies for making everyone download so many new versions in such a short span of time… i’ll try to debug this stuff myself in the future

1 Like

Ran into a few issues:

• After exceeding 500 lbs the “Look Leynda over” option doesn’t come up with any text. I progressed with the game until she was 1000 lbs to see if that would change, but the description is still missing

• I found myself in a HUGE debt very quickly in terms of food and funding because I saved up for the auto-feeder early. I’m not sure how its balanced, but I had to switch all 4 Drones to food acquisition, my intern was grocery shopping, and I was grocery shopping. Even with all of that, there still wasn’t enough food coming in to keep the tanks full. Then of course, because I wasn’t focused on Funding, i went negative pretty fast.

• How does the Intern scientific credit cost work? Once I hired them, I found myself unable to keep enough Science Credits around, to the point where I’d say they’re straight up not worth hiring until you’ve used your SC’s for everything else first.

Fun game and I’m hoping to see some fixes and more descriptions!

1 Like

i will tackle these in the order you have listed them:
1: oh bother i guess i need to fix that since there ARE descriptions
2: yeah… you’re supposed to really level into everything else, ESPECIALLY drone upgrades before you get autofeeder, i set up research super linearly and did not expect people to rush autofeeder haha
3: i’ll probably nerf his credit cost a little, but it works like the autofeeder does and takes a small amount of credits per action… a lot of things in this game are determined by the action you do and how much time it takes to do them (slacking off takes 3 time and costs 3x in resources compared to say doing research which takes 1 time)

3 Likes

now with the 1.7 update out, changes are in the log provided in the original post, apologies for taking so long and doubly so for having relatively little, but progress is progress certainly

4 Likes

Hey! It’s a march, not a race. Take your time, enjoy the process! You been putting out some cool contennt! It gets here when it gets here.

4 Likes

chalk another one out, 1.7.1 is out and fixes some of the errors you may be experiencing while playing the funny fat game

Out of curiosity, do you have an end-size goal in mind for the game?

Honestly this is the start of a great game, I’ve seen some self deprecation in your posts and please don’t do that. You have more talent then you realize. Plus what matters is that you are making a thing, that’s a huge accomplishment in it of itself.

I did want to report a few things I found though. I noticed that when the drones are set to mine crypto currency that they don’t seem to actually be making any money for you. The other two jobs for them work fine.

The other issue I’m seeing is that you don’t seem to have any feedback on button presses. By which I mean if you press a button it does the requested input but doesn’t actually go away or appear to be pressed. So you can actually overpay in science points and go negative.

That bit can probably be fixed by either doing something like greying out the button or ejecting the player from the menu after the button has been pressed.

6 Likes

Correction, the drones are producing money, it’s just that the amount is very small, might consider upping that for balance.

1 Like

you are most kind in saying this good sir, and yeah i thought i had a decent solution in mind for that but it seems to not work the exact way i want it, gonna try out some stuff eventually
the money thing is intentional, ive been tweaking the numbers every now and again in order to force a couple neurons to fire while playing this game haha
expect a handful of reworks to most systems whenever i get the exact ideas for them, but in the meantime it’ll just be a touch jank

3 Likes

have you ever seen a celestial body roughly the size of our orbiting moon?

4 Likes

As the creator you’ll always know what’s best for your game, but as a fellow dev I’d advise against making it hard to get currency. Grinding isn’t super fun even if you have a high tolerance for clicking.

Instead I’d recommend thinking of new things for them to spend currency on. You already have the management flow locked down so instead of making that aspect more difficult why not give them some sort of bonus to spend their money on. Like a repeatable scene that costs some sort of currency, something like that.

3 Likes