Blobgistics: Sci-Fi Fattasy Text Adventure

well i’ll be damned that’s… actually quite smart
i’ll tweak some more numbers and probably have quite a treat for everyone with the next major update

5 Likes

Glad I could help, it’s so easy to get lost in the mechanics when creating.

3 Likes

My, my, that sounds wonderful.

1 Like

Are there any new size descriptions above 1,500 lbs?

I’ve doubled my boss’s weight, and nothing in the description has changed.

sadly not, it’s a slow march with this game, but aye im glad you enjoyed it enough to get that far cheers man
the next update might take a bit but i intend to overhaul a bunch of systems, so stay tuned!

1 Like

While i’m working on general updates and a couple system overhauls, i figured i could use one of these things to gauge everyone’s hopes for this game going forward

What do you wanna see in the funny fat game THE MOST?
  • Places to look at and go
  • People to talk to
  • Cool worldbuilding stuff
  • Toggles
  • Cheeky Secrets
  • Something Else (pls reply with)

0 voters

EDIT: Gotcha, on it

You can double-buy a reasearch item, and end up with negative SC.

i’ve heard about that… i believe it’s fixed in the version im working on as of currently, cheers though good sir or madam

Another poll for you delightful Wagies serving your fat space overlards
PC weight gain?

• Yeah sure
  • No, only brat

0 voters

EDIT: I will… do my best! Do not expect it in the 1.8 update but by 1.9 for sure

1 Like

I’d very into this if we could choose the body type for the PC (female presenting or male presenting), women gaining weight I’m 100% into.

I voted “yeah sure” because male weight gain doesn’t really bother me and others may enjoy it, but it’s not my jam.

2 Likes

i will… throw that in as well i guess haha
the early votes leaned into “no” but it seems there has been an upset

another quick poll
Milk?

• Yes, Space Cow now
  • No, I’m Lactose Intolerant
  • Make Toggle (Very Laborious Option)

0 voters

1 Like

well it seems you guys are keen to the idea, a quick roadmap of the polled features for you guys
V1.8 - Additional Worldbuilding and places to Wander with people to talk to
V1.9 - PC WG implementation
V2.0 - Dairy Toggle

Alongside other misc improvements and additions that i will slap in on a whim haha

1 Like

In space, no one can hear your boss go “Moooooo”

4 Likes

Finally someone gets it

it took forever and sadly i never found the gumption to work in people to talk to necessarily, for that i apologize but hey! new stuff!
there’s a devblog on itch io that goes into specifics

1 Like

Minor issue, but I haven’t seen it mentioned and it’s been in the past couple versions:
Autofeed (and probably anything else that happens over time/per action as opposed to per day) doesn’t respect the amount of time a player’s action takes, only the number of actions the player takes. So if you were to, say, spend the day doing research while autofeed does its thing, you actually burn through twice as much food as you would had you spent the day working for cash or shopping for groceries.

The balancing act of managing research, money, and food in a way irons this issue out on its own, but it is still kind of a funny logic error. Could be fixed by rebalancing the player’s actions so they all take the same amount of time or adding some kind of timescale variable to each player action and using that to scale the effects of anything ticking in the background.

(Also, drone #4 is throwing errors again when selecting it, but seems to still work despite them)

Everything else in the update seems to be working well - looking forward to this project as it keeps expanding~

As always I’m never disappointed.~

There is a slight bug it seems with the datapad however? I thin some small syntax that’s keeping you from being able to actually follow up on conversations? Same with some of the club-related walks. Still what I got to see was fantastic.

1 Like

Do the vitals do anything at present? Is there a health management aspect for her either currently or planned?

that’s… unusual i thought i had made everything consistently deplete resources in a manageable fashion, i’ll take a look at it
also i fixed the syntax errors already, will push a fix soon

quick edit: for some reason i actually did have research take twice as much food… rather weird, probably an oversight from when i tweaked the settings forever ago