šŸ Calamity Cobra in "A Sweet Surprise" (V1.0 - Gain Jam Ready!!)

Let me be upfront and say that I took advantage of a little exploit involving herding Chippers together and destroying their Chips for cash. If this turns out to be cheating I wonā€™t mind, but I wanted to showcase it anyways. If by tomorrow nobodyā€™s chipped in Iā€™ll try doing this legit (it took me much longer to find a way to upload a video to the internet than to get this run).

3 Likes

Iā€™m not even mad. Iā€™ve known about some exploits which I opted to keep (e.g., getting a Miracle Cure drop, tanking a round, and using it to essentially skip rounds for no penalty) but this completely flew by me. I mean, not the first time Iā€™ve been real stupid with this game.

I was thinking ā€œhm, you can hit all the Chips in Wave 9 for the cash bonus, or save the effort and spend it dodging instead!ā€ but I guess I didnā€™t make the connection that this also applies to the Chips indefinitely spawned by Chippers too, meaning you can farm cash indefinitely. Oops!

Maybe itā€™s not too badā€¦youā€™re still not progressing towards an ending, you still gotta fight other enemies, and itā€™s pretty slow, but it can save you from having to enter another NG+ round. Decision making, thatā€™s what I value, but at this rate Iā€™m tired of making all of these little minute changes. Maybe Iā€™ll change this in the REMAKE that I definitely may or may not make someday.

AND YES! USING REDIRECTS!!! Snake spammers BTFOā€™d, I knew somebody would value the mechanicā€™s presence, and watching your gameplay it wells me up with joy. Seeing somebody spend even a half hour on something Iā€™ve authored, and playing so skillfully and intelligently makes me very happy.

I donā€™t think youā€™re a cheater! Send me a message for that draw request. Youā€™ve earned it!! Hopefully my artā€™s good enough for that to be a nice thing.

NEW CHALLENGE: Hit New Game+ 3 and beat it!

3 Likes

Computer keeps saying itā€™s a virus and wonā€™t let me download it.

1 Like

Well, it isnā€™t and your computerā€™s stupid. Itā€™s hard shipping unsigned executables over the net but I can assure you itā€™s gucci. If you are genuinely concerned, the source code is there for compiling.

Try using a different browser, perhaps? Or perhaps thereā€™s a way to bypass it? What browser/OS is giving you this issue?

I bypassed it. We good.

1 Like

Computer says itā€™s a Trojan

1 Like

Like I said IDK how to fix, the executable is good, trust me Iā€™m not a sussy baka

Hhh. Still not entirely sure.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve seen, Windows will call a good amount of executables Trojans, even if they are made from a well known game engine. (Like rpg maker, Godot, and game maker) itā€™s most likely your computer is seeing the executable and saying itā€™s a virus because itā€™s not made by a well known software developer. I can personally say that I have played the windows version of this game and my computer isnā€™t dead, so Iā€™ve got that going for me.

1 Like

To build off of this, I played like hour 3 of the submission and my windows pc has done countless scans with windows defender and no problems have been found.

1 Like

First Round Scores

Jux Score

Category Total
Game Runs: 50.0
Use of Theme: 50.0
Art: 8.4
Writing: 7.4
Music & Sound: 7.8
Mechanics: 8.4
Game Concept 8.4
Use of Fetish 7.55
Judge Preference: 6.0
Wild Cards Attempted: 3.0
Admin Wild Card: 3.0
Patreon Wild Card: 3.0
Community Wild Card: 4.0
Total: 166.95

Alex Score

Category Total
Art: 7.5
Writing: 6.5
Music & Sound: 8.0
Mechanics: 8.0
Game Concept 7.0
Use of Fetish 6.5
Judge Preference: 6.0
Admin Wild Card: 2.0
Patreon Wild Card: 4.0
Community Wild Card: 4.0
Total: 162.5

Roops Score

Category Total
Art: 6.0
Writing: 5.0
Music & Sound: 7.0
Mechanics: 6.0
Game Concept 6.0
Use of Fetish 5.0
Judge Preference: 0.0
Admin Wild Card: 2.0
Patreon Wild Card: 3.0
Community Wild Card: 3.0
Total: 146.0

Final Score: 475.45

1 Like

I dunno if this game is still being worked on or if anyone even comes here anymore but every time, I reach the end the end bit of dialogue gets skipped and ! canā€™t pick new game+ so can I get some help?

1 Like

Ya this game pretty much isnā€™t worked on anymore, itā€™s donezo
Anyways Iā€™ve heard of this problem before, but I canā€™t say Iā€™ve encountered it. Assuming youā€™re on one of the ending screens (not the one where sheā€™s a big naked blob), clicking once while the dialogue is playing should end it and display the ā€œNew Game+ā€ and ā€œForfeitā€ options.

Also the download link on itch.io may have not been working for a bit, it should be gucci now