Cards of Gluttony - a gay, weight gain card game [v0.4 released on 01/04/2023!]

heyo, finally made it to the new content. i’m a little confused? think i might have found another glitch.
i have all the materials necessary to make what ricky’s asking for, but whenever i talk to him, he just tells me the ingredients again. i’m assuming this isn’t like, what’s supposed to happen?

2 Likes

Well darn, that’s embarrassing (and a little infuriating). Looks like I broke it while working on some other stuff. Pushed out v0.3.1b which should fix the problem now. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for all the reports!

As for the other things:

• Ikem has a 7 day cooldown between each trip to the gym, so this is intentional. Admittedly it is a little stiff and unnatural this way, but the plan is to have more potential gym buddies, which is why I didn’t want Ikem to just be spammable twice a week.
  • That is indeed a graphical bug with the window not disappearing properly when the game resolution is wider than 16:9, I’ve been aware of this for some time, but seeing as it’s just a minor graphical glitch, I’ve been too lazy to fix it lol.
3 Likes

Haven’t made it through all the new content yet, but have to stop for praise for one particular fight:

Spoilers! For Real

I love the way your characterization throughout extends to deck strategies, and that continues with Russell. Why is does his strategy revolve around Sympathy Weight? Why doesn’t he have any defensive cards? Because he’s secretly into mutual gaining!

Stark contrast to Vernon, the gym rat dom, whose deck revolves around control: building himself up (It’s All Muscle) and overriding your desires (Yes Sir, Out of Stock).

Great marriage of mechanics and theme, which is what makes this one of the better games on the site

1 Like

Out of curiosity, is Vernon the guy who shows up after you beat Tom in the first forest fight, or have I completely missed some of the new content?

Yeah, he is. I haven’t gone back to the forest yet to see if you can fight him again in the new content (though there is that comment about wanting “revenge”)

Those enhancers really come in handy. 7.54 seems impressive.
Edit: Nevermind, THIS is impressive.

2 Likes

Venting: Goddamn Vernon!
I know he is supposed to beat you story-wise to introduce you to the hospital. But back in the 0.2 version of the game, my luck pulled through and I BEAT him!
I’m starting over for the 0.3 version because I felt my save file was too far along time-wise to really explore the game again. But GODDAMN I have been trying to beat this guy and his stupid deck. Let alone trying to get through Tom with roughly 30 weight beforehand!

I don’t even remember what cards I had to win the first time, but I just…I just can’t. I give up. I wanna wipe his stupid smug grin in a rematch so bad…

my deck going in: 13 cards total
1 Drink it all up
3 Exercise
2 Feed
1 Fit Feeder
2 Indulgent Stuffing
1 Keep Pumping (from Tom)
1 Menu for 2
2 You want more?

Does anyone know or remember what deck they had when they beat Vernon? Cause a number of you guys did. I know I did, a long time ago. I just don’t have the patience anymore, as starting over makes it much easier to get frustrated.

1 Like

I will say: Vernon’s deck has been changed, so it is actually much harder than it used to be. I did make sure to test it properly this time, so he’s definitely still beatable. Older strategies might not work like they used to, though.

And on a different note: your old save should still be fine if you want to go back to it. That’s what that previous 1 month limit was meant to do, after all!

1 Like

Oh! Well, if Vernon’s deck has been upgraded…Yeah, I think I’m just gonna settle with my Odious Zest instead.

btw, I found a typo here.

work out with Ikem, and it says you two head “osut” instead of “out”

1 Like

pretty sure i made it to all new content, so here’s my final verdict

stuff i’d like to see in future updates

• a way to skip the fishing minigame without missing out on the storyline — not necessary, i just feel like it drags and there’s not a lot of other ways to use your time on any given day. would prefer it as an accessibility feature, but idk if it counts as that lmao
  • more stuff with tom! i actually went out of my way to beat him by going into the forest at night a few times, and when i did eventually win his fight, i just kinda went, “is that everything”? i have no idea what the overarching plot is there, but i’d enjoy it if whether you went out of your way to beat him or night had an impact on the future story with that specific group of fatteners
  • dating! i’m not sure if it’d work with your vision for the game, but i’ve pretty much completely fallen in love with most of the dudes here. kinda wanna kiss them all. not sure if separate routes or entering your slut era and fucking around with everyone would be better
  • hoping to see more stuff with that park ranger guy, if he’s just like, a plot point so that you can explore the forest without tom attacking you then i have no idea why he’d be like… a named and drawn character.
  • that bartender as well! i don’t think we learned his name in this update, no? hopefully that gets explored more in a future update.

• more distinct faces for player characters — when i started a new save to see what was happening, i was really glad to see that there were more options for faces, but it still kinda feels like they’re all different variations on the same guy. i honestly still don’t know what the different eye options do, which is a shame. the lip selections were much appreciated but i also found it difficult to see them. i think the current system works well as a first step, but i’d love to see character customization get expanded upon (lol) in future updates
  • this is very much a later-down-the-line thing, but i think it’d be interesting to have a choice of being a Good Guy (only using your fattening powers in self-defense) or being a Bad Guy (fattening other people up for your own amusement). in a lot of games, the difference between good and evil routes is very superficial because of the fact that they’re just “do you want to do the Good Thing or the Bad Thing” and everyone goes, “uh, the good thing, i guess?” i think this game has a chance to be more interesting than a lot of triple A games by having the Bad Route have genuine material benefits to the player themselves (i.e. if you’re playing this game you already have a weight gain fetish, so you’ll be able to fatten up more dudes.) that being said, i think this would be incredibly difficult to do, so i’m just bringing it up in case you haven’t thought of it yourself.
    • also i wanna make ikem fat. i know he doesn’t like it but the things i would do that man. lort. i’d go evil for it
  • speaking of ikem, i’d like if the fact that he has a one-week cooldown between gym sessions was clearer in the game: he said that he was free mondays and thursdays, so i assumed that he could do both of them in a week, and i was a little disappointed when he was only free one of them
  • a tailor! i know that ikem already sews makeshift clothes together for the stout group, but i think it’d be nice if there was a way to convert lower-size clothes into big boy clothes. maybe a character who isn’t a fattener, and is incredibly confused by how much business he’s getting from people who are the exact same size as they’ve already been with clothes he’s already altered to fit them. i think it could be really interesting to have a character not be a fattener yet intuitively figure out that something is up with plursdott.
  • echoing what other people have said, i’d prefer to just be able to go to the gym more often rather than doing minigames that are really slow, but i’m not sure what the solution to that is, considering how much weight you lose from doing it. i guess the item you can make to reset the counter can do that for you, but it’s pretty expensive considering you have to spend a day doing nothing to even get one of them. but in essence i think the current available minigames are a little tedious — like, the jogging guy moves SO slow and that minigame is the FASTER of the two.
  • what’s up with the cashier? i wanna learn more about him. cute dude
  • i’m gonna explore this more in the other section, but i really like himbos, so more of those would always be nice. … but with this new update, it looks like we’ve got a good one, so if we only get him, then that’d be JUST fine. russell… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • also, more stuff with matteo! i know right now he’s just an excuse to get russell horny (which is a worthy purpose for a character anyway) but i’m assuming there’s more to him, and i wanna learn more about him.

• something that i’m a little confused about is the dissonance between sizes and the art style. a lot of the time when the descriptions talk about a character as a wheezing blob of fat that’s physically incapable of movement, i look at the art and i’ve seen dudes fatter than him in, like, my walmart. is it something about the guys bodies being used to being thinner, or something like that? not sure what the solution to this would be, but i still think it’s worth mentioning.
    • this also applies to my boy russell. the description is like, “ive never seen a man fatter than him” and the art draws him as like, still massive, yeah, but not like, near-immobility.

stuff i already love (spoilers)

• archie’s expanded plot! i always find it a shame when there’s a token “creep guy” character that’s never really mentioned after his one appearance, so i was glad to learn more about this loser. found it very interesting that he’s actually just, like, the owner of the bar instead of just like, someone wasting all of his money on substance abuse. at least the substance abuse isn’t hurting his wallet as much as it could? lmao
  • items! in the last update, i spent a lot of it thinking, “oh god, am i gonna have to jog 30 times between EVERY single battle?” and i was real glad to hear that we could make our own fun weight loss drugs. that actually work! unlike real life!
  • ted actually having severe anger issues was a fun twist on the chill fishing guy archetype. it kinda makes me wonder if he’s done anything in the past that made it necessary to spend 90% of his free time fishing in order to deal with them.
  • rematch with beau! i’m really a fan of how he prepared his own cute little outfit this time in order to prepare for you. kinda makes me wonder what his whole arc is gonna be – the fact that he’s so competitive and a newly discovered fattener might make it so that he spends more of his time fat than not, so i kinda wonder if he’s gonna have to accept that. either way, interesting.
  • fishing upgrades. thank GOD. thank the LORD. i was so glad when we got more stuff for fishing. previously it felt like you were just waiting around a while to get, like, one fish, and maybe a zest. but now it’s like… it has the potential to get actual consistently good benefits? woah. swag. etc.
  • i also liked that the old guy (i truly have already forgotten his name i’m sorry. darryl? not sure) got some more depth. there don’t seem to be any characters that have been wasted yet, which is something in general that i really appreciate about this game.
  • sex scenes! or, like, sex SCENE. singular. because there was only one that i found. and it was with russell. so like, perfect. as much as i respect the freaks that get off exclusively on dudes getting fat (and i’m occasionally one of them), showing actual moments of intimacy between you and the dudes definitely puts this game farther from something that could be played by a normal person without them noticing something was off. this is a FETISH GAME! it should be FETISHY and SEXUAL! loved that it wasn’t afraid to do that.
  • speaking of, the discussions of sexuality were much appreciated. i find it a little boring when every character is gay without anyone, like, mentioning it, so i’m glad that it’s at least something that gets brought up. also, the mention of a female member of the stout group was pretty interesting. i honestly just assumed that the fattening exclusively affected gay men up until this point. obviously i’d prefer if we focused on them for the most part, but acknowledging that women like… EXIST is good to know.
  • RUSSELL. RUSSELL GETS HIS OWN SECTION. i cannot overstate how fast and how hard i fell in love with this stupid freak. he is… so pathetic. and so dumb. sweet emotionally unstable horny freak who’s discovering his sexuality and diving head into it with supernatural abilities? cute guy? who LIVES IN YOUR APARTMENT BUILDING? OBSESSED WITH HIM. i like how he has a more boyish look when compared to the other characters in the game, he just has a goatee while most of the other guys have full beards or heavy stubble. really gives him a “dumb college dude” vibe that i really enjoy. i hope he gets a tailor so that he can wear his favorite stupid dumbass sweatervest while weighing like… however heavy he is now. 600 lbs? 700? no clue. i love him. 90% of the reason i want dating to get added into the game is so that i can kiss his fat stupid face. we’re getting married in the spring.

overall

big fan lol. i’m tight on money right now but when i have a more consistent form of income i’ll almost definitely be joining the patreon.

4 Likes

Man, this was a banger update!

I love pretty much everything haha, and I agree with most positive things that have been said, if not all!

The highlight of this update, to me, was Russell’s storyline - it was just so delectable, heh.

I love the concept of utilizing The Fattening to enhance food, and the cake scene was just amazing~. The fact that you can see in between lines the MC’s progression by clicking the Status button was a really nice addition to it.

As for things that I’d like to see or that could be improved, I can think of a few things:

• More sound effects! I cannot stress enough how important sound design is in a game, especially a kink one. I think so far you’re doing great in this aspect, with the transitions, walking, etc. The best example however, given this is a kink game, is the stomach rumbles, as they add so much to the scenes, like the bakery scene when eating the spiked pastry. For instance, it’d be great if there was some kind of sound effect during the cake scene, given that the cake has the same power as the pastry yet there are no sfx in this scene. Some rumbles or gurgles when gaining weight or eating and stuff, maybe munching etc would make it SO MUCH BETTER than it already is, and it is fantastic already!
    So yeah, more sfx would be a great addition - gurgling, rumbling, panting, belching, groaning, etc etc.
  • Speaking of belches, I’d love to see more belching content! Of course I know the game is still in early stages, so don’t worry I’m not meaning to be pushy or impatient haha, but since there is a content preference setting where you can select what you want or don’t want to see, and belching is one of the options, I am really looking forward to seeing some of this content! So far, I only remember there being two belching/burping mentions or scenes - as a card (when using you get “* burp *” and some text), and when drinking a beer with Ted. I think there’s other scenes that could feature some belching if the setting is enabled, such as the bakery scene, maybe after the rumbling, when the MC gains weight, he burps too. Or during the cake scene, as I mentioned before. During battle could be interesting to see too, or when eating larger meals at the pub, etc etc. Naturally I expect all sub-kinks to get content eventually, as they’re settings for a reason, but I’m particularly excited to see this one get some love, and not only in SFX (saying this bc I mentioned belches as SFX before).
  • Inspired by Russell’s Fattening Cooking, I’d love to see more ways of gaining weight outside of combat! It is implied that Russell will be the character that will help you raise your max limit through his baking, so if that’s a thing that could happen frequently, I think it’d be neat to have fun with other elements other than his baking. They don’t even have to give the player a benefit, just for fun! Of course, this may not be compatible with your story, as we still don’t know the full lore and what is or isn’t possible to do with The Fattening, but I think it’d be fun if situations like these would happen. Examples: you meet with an NPC and they offer you a piece of clothing or accessory, you can accept or decline - if you accept it and wear it, the MC will gain like 2 weight per day or something like that until you unequip it. Or maybe having an item in your inventory causes you to turn your fat loss into fat gain. Or maybe something that makes it impossible to lose weight beyond a certain amount (like, permanent fat unless something is done). Maybe something to do with the Pub, etc etc I could go all day but this is long already.

Honestly those are the things that I’d love to see in a future update that I can think of at the moment! I think it goes without saying that I’m going to love the game regardless of the direction it takes: the things I mentioned are things that I would personally LOVE, but I’m sure that whatever you come up with is going to be top notch even if I didn’t include it in the list!

Seriously, this update was absolutely fantastic and I can’t get enough. I’m really looking forward to future updates!

3 Likes

Ah, another thing I forgot to add in my previous reply: the shirts!
I really like the addition of these, and poppin’ those buttons is hella fun. Variety in customization, from character features to clothing, is something that is really nice to see being expanded in this game (haha, expanded).
My only problem with the shirts is that, at lower weights, they seem a bit odd. Using the basic t-shirt, the weight progression is very noticeable and enjoyable. When at 0 weight the t-shirt is very clearly loose on his frame, going straight down. At 4, a roundness in the belly area starts to form but it’s still subtle, and at 8 we can now truly appreciate a small gut. I personally find this to be very satisfying, the MC progressing from a twig into a lardball in clearly defined stages.
However, the shirts are kind of weird in this aspect, as even at 0 weight, the MC seems to sport a small gut nonetheless. At 4 weight, there’s not much of a difference. It is only at 8 that we can see, ok, there’s a gut there now, and starting moobs. However between 8 and 12 the difference is again very small, compared to the T-shirt sprites.

Granted, the T-shirt sprite differences are subtle too, and nothing too huge or noticeable - however, since t-shirt weight 0 seems smaller/very thin, there is a more noticeable progression. Since shirt weight 0 seems to already have a belly / looks thick already, there is less of a progression.

Of course this is not a huge issue or anything! But I think it’d be neat if there was to be more of a contrast between the smaller sizes themselves when wearing the shirts. I think it might be that the shirts feel a bit oversized?

But yeah, TL;DR that’s my only “issue” with the shirts, at smaller sizes the MC seems to have a belly nonetheless, and the difference between sprites is not too noticeable compared to the T-shit spirtes because of this, making the weight gain progression less enjoyable (the progression in a WG game is one of the most enjoyable things imo - a skinny/fit guy progressively becoming a lardball is very enjoyable for many).

I hope all this makes sense haha! It’s kinda hard to explain what I mean.

Other than that, I really like the popping buttons aspect, and at larger sizes it looks really good, so it’s not like I dislike it! On the contrary, I really like it, and think it could be even better with a few small tweaks. heh.

I’m looking forward to more clothing options!

And I think I forgot about something else too, so if I remember, I’ll write another comment haha.

1 Like

Vernon? Haven’t seen him.

As far as I know, you only see him after beating Tom. Basically you have that tutorial fight in the beginning when you join the Stout Group, and then you go to the forest to look for things. You encounter Tom, and if you win Vernon will come and beat you up.

hello there, i have a problem with the game. Why it looks so?

Must be an outdated setting from one of the older versions. Try the following:

1. Click the white button at the top left of the title screen, then click the topmost of the three buttons that appear.
  2. This should open up a folder on your computer. Close the game now.
  3. Delete the file named “config.txt”. Turn the game back on again.

That should fix it, if it doesn’t, let me know. Here’s a screenshot in case my text description was unclear.

1 Like

thank you the game works now

2 Likes

Hey everybody! It’s finally time for the next update.

This version was originally released on the Patreon in two batches:

• v0.4.0: Focused on the next Main Quest which took a lot of work due to its larger size and amount of branching, as well as a big new battle mechanic. Plus some balancing changes and a redesign of card crafting (new crafting options now appear as you progress through the game!)
  • v0.4.1: The continuation of a few storylines that I wasn’t able to finish in time for the initial update, and a few more additions such as…

Playing past the time limit! You can now continue playing past the version’s arbitrary date limit to explore stuff you couldn’t get to in time, with the caveat that you will not be able to save and carry any progress over.

There are of course a bunch more things that were added, which you can read about in more detail in the patch notes here.

And to cap things off, I’ve run the first few opening minutes of the game through a translator a bunch of times for April Fools, the results of which you can watch here:

3 Likes

Suddenly, your husband is talking behind your back! You now have the content to make a soap opera to randomly watch on a tv or something. That was amazing

2 Likes

** reggie fils-amie voice ** My red oil is ready

1 Like