Character creation dropdown crash

Well, whenever i start the game to play an i wish to create a character it crashes when i extend any of the dropdowns (this includes the language change). However once i get in game the dropdowns work from what i can tell.

Is this a bug or something with my comp! plz fix

[quote=“MrDeath681, post:1, topic:873”]Well, whenever i start the game to play an i wish to create a character it crashes when i extend any of the dropdowns (this includes the language change). However once i get in game the dropdowns work from what i can tell.

Is this a bug or something with my comp! plz fix[/quote]

I’ve never seen this myself, although it is always possible that something has been broken by a Java update. Can you follow the debug instructions and let me know what Java version you have and which operating system you are using please?

[quote=“dingotush, post:2, topic:873”][quote=“MrDeath681, post:1, topic:873”]Well, whenever i start the game to play an i wish to create a character it crashes when i extend any of the dropdowns (this includes the language change). However once i get in game the dropdowns work from what i can tell.

Is this a bug or something with my comp! plz fix[/quote]

I’ve never seen this myself, although it is always possible that something has been broken by a Java update. Can you follow the debug instructions and let me know what Java version you have and which operating system you are using please?[/quote]

Windows 10
jre 1.8.0_60
which i think translates to Java version 8 update 60
all of which should let it work properly

[quote=“MrDeath681, post:3, topic:873”]Windows 10
jre 1.8.0_60
which i think translates to Java version 8 update 60
all of which should let it work properly[/quote]

I’m afraid I haven’t been able to reproduce this, but I do have one suspicion. Java 8u60 was set to expire before the end of 2015, and it’s possible that there may be some unexpected interactions with security dialogs. Can upgrade Java to the latest version (8u91) and see if that makes a difference? Failing that, running the game from the command line so that the exceptions can be captured (see the debug instructions again) is the next step.