Cheetahs Are Meant To be Fast (Khatoblepas and Urg's entry)

I like the attention to detail on recognizing when there is no optical drive and having an alternate line ready. This whole game is blursed; well done.

4 Likes

Ah, finally, my childhood dreams of being able to go in and change diet episodes into weight gain episodes have been realised. :stuck_out_tongue:

(sadly, much like those dreams, it doesnā€™t last forever)

As someone who was just barely too young to experience this specific kind of edutainment game in its heyday and has had to experience them through other peoplesā€™ playthroughs, I feel that you guys definitely nailed the aesthetic and general ā€œfeelā€ of the genre, even as the Spooky Meta Stuffā„¢ kicked in.

On that note, narrators complaining about a story not going how they thought it would is one of my favourite meta tropes, so it was fun to mess about with the story and listen to her complaining. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didnā€™t get to hear much of the voice acting because I had to play it kinda quietly, but what I did hear sounded pretty on point for mid-late 90s games like this one was trying to emulate, so props for that. =w=

Also, I dunno if this can happen anywhere else yet, but I tried cutting Chet out of the final page with the scissors, and then when I tried the eraser on him just to see what would happen, I was pleasantly surprised to see her react to it.

Iā€™m wondering now if, other than the scissors in the ā€œforces Chet to exercise in the ā€œThe narrator diesā€ pageā€ bit, she has stuff to say about you using those two tools elsewhere once she starts getting mad.

My main gripe is really just how finicky the scissors can be when trying to cut stuff out, but I suppose that in itself lends a bit of authenticity to the idea that this is an interactive storybook from 1996. :stuck_out_tongue:

One I figured out that itā€™ll work so long as the dot is roughly in the middle of whatever it is youā€™re trying to cut, I didnā€™t have too many issues with it from then on, so itā€™s not even a big deal, really.

My only regret is not having my external CD drive plugged in for reasons plenty of people have already talked about. rip me, i guess

4 Likes

I love games where you get to mess with stuff, so this gets my approval.

Edit: I noticed this seems to run on adventure game studio, so this is some pretty old-school stuff.

4 Likes

Simplyā€¦ art.
(i dont know what say nowā€¦oh yes!.. emmā€¦ I WANT MORE O-O)

4 Likes

I just wanted to stop to say that I see a lot of fetish games out there. It is kind of my hobby to look for the rare finds out there. But I have to say this is by far one of the most creative fetish games Iā€™ve ever seen.

Congrats to the team, for thinking outside the box.

3 Likes

If this doesnā€™t bag the Community Choice Award then Iā€™ll eat my hat. Absolutely brilliant!

3 Likes

Wow. This was absolutely fantastic

1 Like

Always fun to see these retro submissions and the concept is even better. Khatos art is always great and adding the amount of details you did with even voice on top of it, shows a lot of dedication and i can only hope it pays off and you get a nice place on the competition.

2 Likes

Thinking about it, this must have been a real logistical hurdle making all of these sentences simultaneously make sense, rhyme, form a story, be re-organised into different sentences, make sense again, make sense as a different story and throughout the process still be coherant.

4 Likes

Decided to play through despite it not lining up at all with my side of the kink, and holy crap this was such a clever game. Well done.

1 Like

Iā€™m not into most of what is done in this game however i cannot argue against that fact that this is an amazing point a click game liken to Pajama Sam, Freddie Fish and There is No Game. The error at the end of the game the game weather on purpose (likely) or not, is genius. I did have trouble figuring out what to do and thought i had broke the game a few times, but alas i didnā€™t and the only thing i didnā€™t understand was screen panning but i figured out that on the second page. this game is crazy excellent job.

1 Like

this was really interesting, great work!

3 Likes

Yeah this game was super unique, really liked it!

2 Likes

What platform is it for?

Windows only for now. Iā€™ll add that to the first post!

Absolutely astounded at the quality of this, especially for the short timespan of a Gain Jam! This is one of the most impressive little projects on the whole site, it has my vote!

2 Likes

Care to help me out? Iā€™m completely not seeing it either.

I like the idea of this game but good lord my computer HATES it. Just will not stop sperging when I try to play it. ><

thereā€™s an impressive amount of polish in this thing! besides some glitchiness with the controls, this feels like you couldā€™ve been working on it for months, with the voice acting and animations and can i just say i really like the glitch texture? absolutely outstanding.

3 Likes

amazing work on basically everything; the art is lovely and the writing and gameplay are incredibly clever, even compared to a game without a 2 week time restraint
my only complaint is that i wasnt clever enough to complete the game without ā€œhintsā€, so im glad you posted some solutions here so everyone can get a fuller experience

3 Likes

it took me a long time to figure it out

you gotta cut out a couple letters on the game menu and use those

3 Likes