Cheetahs Are Meant To be Fast (Khatoblepas and Urg's entry)

My god. And i thought There Is No Game was good, or that OneShot was deep.

2 Likes

I think this is one of my favorites, the concept and the presentation are all super unique and fun. Lovely work!

3 Likes

Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this error? I am running it on a windows emulator so that may be the issue, but if anyone is aware of a fix Iā€™d be in your debt

Thereā€™s something very cathartic about this game. Killing the narrator was a little bit dark, but apart from that, itā€™s excellent.

4 Likes

where can I find urgurgurgā€™s less is morgue fanart? I tried searching your dA gallery for morgue or tuten or whatever but I canā€™t seem to find anything?

1 Like

Here you go :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

thanks! I just this second realized it seems like thereā€™s a ton of art on your twitter thatā€™s not on your deviantart!

Holy crap this is an amazing entry. Everyone did a phenomenal job on this, good art, good pacing, fun story, fun puzzle elementsā€¦ The only thing I can complain about is the word stamps disappearing when you click on the wrong thing with them, but since it didnā€™t break anything itā€™s only a minor gripe.

4 Likes

It really captures the essence of those point and click adventures from the 90s. Iā€™m blown away. 5 stars, 10/10. A++++

1 Like

Sorry for bothering you guys, but could anyone help me?.. why does this happen?.. :frowning:

ģŗ”ģ²˜

That looks very similar to @zcell111 's error, are you also running the game through an emulator?

From what I can glean that seems to mainly who this error pops up for, itā€™s apparently ā€˜fixedā€™ by removing spaces and special unicode characters from the file path leading to the game? Please let me know if that works, we donā€™t have access to anything other than Windows machines to test this on!

Nope, just windows 10 on my computer. Could you explain how to ā€˜fixā€™ it by removing spaces and special unicode characters from the file path leading to the game? I seem to have no clue :frowning:

Okay, good news! I put our game in a folder with a bunch of umlauts and such in itā€™s name and succesfully recreated the error on Windows 10!

So I think if you just look at the folder the exeā€™s stored in (and the folders containing that folder) and change any names that look like thiserror2

to something more like this (plain ANSI text only with no spaces) error3

then it should start running okay.

Apologies for this bug, it seems to be something wrong in the newest versioin of the Adventure Game Studio engine, hopefully the team will fix it in the next patch and weā€™ll be able to recompile our game without the issue.

1 Like

That was awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So I donā€™t know if this was already mentioned, but I broke the game by clicking the catapult after Ricky already got free when the game starts glitching out lol (i am ashamed to admit I did this twice but the second time was an accident lmao)

Other than that this was absolutely incredible and I would love to see more stuff like this!

1 Like

Honestly, I think this is my fav game from the jam. For something made in only two weeks, the amount of creativity on display is phenomenal. The edutainment aesthetic is such a break from the norm, and I adore the ā€˜metaā€™ aspects and how exasperated the narrator gets. As much as I love a good RPG maker game, they can seem to blend together and get stale, especially from how many there are on this site. Everything about this game is so well put together. Excellent art, a great story, and even voice acting, this game has my vote.

Also, when starting the game up and the narrator asks about the CD drive, does the dialogue change depending on if you have one or not? I play on a laptop that lacks one and I got quite the shock when she freaked out.

Congratulations on making such a great game, everyone working on this project should feel proud of themselves.

3 Likes

Fixed it by moving the folder! thanks for the tip. And wow the game is amazing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was avoiding this because of the weird things people kept saying it was doing to your computer, but I gave in after seeing such extreme positivity of it and because I follow the artist and want to see what they had made.

It was quite the trip! The Narrator was spot on and the whole glitchy old program thing was really cool. You guys really nailed it and I look forward to seeing what you can do outside a Game Jam project!

2 Likes

hey i adored this game and made an account just to reply here, but is there a way to replay it from scratch? every time i redownload it it starts from the glitchy part

2 Likes

Yes, that is a known issue, I think they should update the game so that it resets your save data once you see the ending.

1 Like