Chublands Preview 1! (Outdated, see below)

So the preview is finally here!

Chublands is a fat-themed 3D Platformer where you explore a luxurious resort, solving puzzles and collecting hexed snacks in pursuit of an evil witch!

… Eventually.

For now, it’s a very early preview to gauge interest and feedback. Windows build.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any questions!

35 Likes

Anyway to run this in windowed mode?

Alt + Enter should change into windowed mode!

Well It’s certainly something. Though I think it’s a bit early in it’s development to gauge interest as there is not much here yet.

1 Like

It’s definitely intended to be an early preview. I’d like to see what people think about the concept and style of game primarily, to see how a full title would be received.

1 Like

A great start for sure! I think character customization would be a welcome feature, even if its just hair style and eyes or something. A 3D fat focused game is a rarity so I would love for something to come of this. You have my support! I’d buy you a Ko-fi if you have one

Thank you! Customization is going to be a big focus in the game, and I’m aiming for every character to look as different as possible. Hair styles, hats, outfits, eye styles and more are planned!

I actually do have a Kofi, just haven’t touched it in a while. https://ko-fi.com/shown

2 Likes

Done, good luck with your game. I’m excited to see what you’re capable of!

Thank you so much! I’m excited to keep working on it.

1 Like

Bug report: her right knee has some funky stuff going on. It jitters strangely with every step.

Noted! All animations are currently placeholder so this will be revised.

1 Like

HOLY CROW! THE GIRL IS CUUUUUUTE!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! She’s the star of the show until more customization options are added.

You’ll always be able to select her options again though!

Wow, it’s finally here.

Also as a tip , it’ll be nice to include some screenshot on post#1

Added some screenshots!

1 Like

How do i debug the weight, i’ve tried both sets of controls and she’s remaining the same weight

On some keyboards, you might need to hold down the FN key to use the function keys.

With the keypad controls, make sure Num lock is on.

some small issues I found

• you run faster diagonally

• you can’t jump if the middle of your feet isn’t touching the ground

• if you jump into a ceiling you kind of just stay attached to it for a bit
    I think that the upwards momentum is still the same as if the ceiling wasn’t there, so you’re technically still going upwards there’s just something in the way

• when I use my nintendo pro controller the bindings are really strange.
    up/down on R-stick moves camera left/right and left/right on d-pad moves camera up/down for example. my xbox controller works normally so I don’t know what that is about. I don’t think I have had the pro controller act differently from the xbox controller before

other than that the character is really cute so it will be nice to see where this goes

Yep, diagonal movement speed and the jumping issue should be fixed in the next update.

Upwards momentum will need to be canceled out if there’s contact with a ceiling, so I’ll make note of that.

I don’t use my Pro Controller with my PC, but it’s likely that uses Dinput as opposed to Xinput, which isn’t supported by the game currently. One way to get it working is to launch the game through Steam, but I will look into a proper fix soon.

Thank you for your feedback!

I love the idea of WG platformer that gets progressively harder as the PC gets heavier.
Making the character barely be able to bunny hop as they get bigger, with a tight platform level where a fat character can hardly make it through, but is forced to because they have to be heavy enough to push down a switch or something. Seriously underutilized mechanic for this sort of thing.
Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

1 Like