Chublands Preview 1! (Outdated, see below)

You seem to have a perfect grasp of what I’m intending! Thank you so much!

1 Like

That reminds me, there was a game called “sheep, dog n’ wolf” where you had to use gadgets and come up with a plan to steal a sheep from a field without getting spotted. When you carried the sheep you moved slower and couldn’t jump as easily so you had to clear a path to the end goal. This sounds like the kind of concept that could work with this kind of game. But as I said earlier there’s not much to see at the moment so it’s hard to say where this game is headed.

awesome work man, keep it up!

1 Like

If you to take a look at a similar concept for some inspiration, check out the game “dice gorge” (just google it)
Very similar concept but less about getting fat, more about overeating dice for some reason. Weird idea, but the game is made pretty well. It’s also made in unity and features very tight platforming, where if you eat the dice your characters belly expands and get progressively heavier, as you get heavier it hinders your mobility, if you eat the dice in the wrong order you become too heavy to make some of the harder jumps, making it impossible to get the best ending.

Word of warning, It’s a furry game if you aren’t into that sort of thing.

I was made aware of Dice Gorge recently, it’s pretty different to what I’m intending to do with Chublands.

Ah, well good deal then. Just thought it was worth peek since it has a similar game mechanic. Really just love the idea of a WG platformer where your primary enemy is gravity :wink:

1 Like

Great belly jiggles when the character jumps! But when I change her from fattest to thinnest, her arms don’t seem to swing anymore, is it possible this is a bug? (My English is not very good. Please forgive me.)

To add to this: her legs don’t really move in her last weight stage. I get that it’s hard to move when you’re that fat, but I’m pretty sure big chicks don’t have telekinetic powers. Right?

Yeah, a bunch of animations aren’t implemented at all yet, we’ll have to wait for that.

Animations for higher weight levels will need to be done individually, and the existing animations are placeholders. It’ll be addressed eventually.

Very interesting project. Looking forward to seeing development in the future.

1 Like

can you make it for android please?

Mobile isn’t a platform I’m planning on supporting, sorry!

Not every game can/should be made for mobile, especially lewd games(do you want someone to see what you’re playing?).

I played the demo for a bit. If I may be brutally honest, I can’t say there’s anything here that’s making me excited for more. Stripped down to its minimum viable form, the core movement isn’t very fun. Games like Super Mario 64 still hold up because you can put Mario in an empty room and it would still be fun to make him run and jump about.

I’ll admit that I might be missing the point of this game. It could be that the finished game will be more about exploration, solving puzzles, or interacting with characters. However, the point of a demo is to demonstrate what a game is all about.

All the same, I wish you the best with this project. I’d be happy if you proved me wrong in my initial impressions.

It’s an early preview, and movement is even remotely close to finalized. Expecting Super Mario 64 control from an early alpha preview is setting your expectations far too high.

1 Like

That’s true, but I was just using that as an example to illustrate my point. To use a different example, I recently played a demo for a game called Gori: Cuddle Carnage. It’s an indie game about hoverboard combat, in which you string together attacks, tricks, grinds, slides, etc. to carve up waves of enemies. There’s definitely room for improvement, but the basic controls and mechanics were fun enough to make me play the demo twice.

How much you enjoyed an entirely different kind of demo has no bearing on mine. This is meant as a very early preview to gauge the general interest in this type of game. If you’re expecting complex controls and mechanics from it, that’s your fault.

7 Likes

Honestly? This is cute. I like the music in the background, very chill.

Also:

It was incredibly humorous to open up the game and just see that gif in the ceiling :joy:

6 Likes

I’m surprised more people haven’t commented on that :joy:

Yeah, that panel on the ceiling is going to be animated in the final game, so I was using Duane to test. I was gonna swap it out for a default placeholder image for the demo, but I figured it’d be funny to just leave it in.

Thank you for playing!

4 Likes