Corrupted Powers -Not Dead

If anyone wants to support this project.

Hi everyone sorry about the major delays in communication. My project Corrupted Powers is still being worked on, but has been switched over to a visual novel format. I was finding that making maps was taking way too long for RPG Maker, and the game is more story based than anything so I switched engines.

What exactly is Corrupted Powers again? As stated above, the game is going to be in visual novel format. As a player/reader you will have plenty of choices to choose your overall path through the adventure. Every choice counts and changes something within the story. Some elements I had planned for the project have been scaled back since it is no longer in a RPG format. There will be a demo/prologue to the story available within a week. I also plan to have the entire project voiced. See you all in a week.

26 Likes

mega.nz, zippyshare, dropbox all come to mind

im happy to hear the game isnt dead,i really like the game

Is there a link up and running yet?

do you have a link on dropbox or mega?

1 Like

what this game about again?

Still Not Dead

Here’s what’s been happening with this project:

• I’ve invested/spent a lot on programs and assets to ensure that everything included within the game is allowed to be there outside of music. I was using The Sims 4 for character creation, but between the constant updates, the horrendous load times, and the grey area of using others assets to create things were all becoming a burden. I switched to an actual 3D character modeling/creating software and am in the process of redoing the characters within that program so I can truly say they are my own and so I don’t potentially get hit with EAs legal team down the road.

• The game is still being made in visual novel maker, but is being made more as an “open world” of sorts as you will be able to freely go around the city as you please mixed in with the main story. I’m working on a large branching world setup and will hopefully have something to show soon.

• The game is still following Madeline and her friends through their adventure and every decision you make will have the potential to change what happens. (Pending it does not melt down the novel maker with Tom many decisions).

More to be posted tonight.

4 Likes

whoa that’s amazing cant wait to see more

hope it all works out mate. sounds like your putting in a lot of time into it

I’m slowly getting it the way I’d like it to be. I’m also testing out animated characters as the novel maker supports animation.

Here’s a crude flow chart of some of the scene locations in the project. This is mainly so I can get the areas connected together properly. Since this is planned to be a story based game with choice and a mostly free roam map based on your actions, some areas will remain walled off or hidden until conditions are met. This is still going to take a good deal of time but I will try to get things finished as quickly as time allows without sacrificing quality to do so.

I’m also not great at creating my own characters ATM so expect textures/meshes to be messed up at least until I can get better at it.

Madeline:

2 Likes

The rough layout and UI for the main portion of the game is complete. Seeing as I wanted portions of an RPG in terms of “battles” I went back to RPG Maker for the engine which in turn opens my options back up.

More to be posted tonight.

4 Likes

All variables listed are fluid and will change dependent on how the game is played. From the start you will be able to choose the names of the three protagonists of the game. I want to try to include a “mini game” in the form of battles when you need to/choose to eat in the game. Some characters will also spur battles when certain options are chosen.

1 Like

This looks so nice,you made me very curious to see what the game will look like when will be playable

Will there be shape options? Like, if I want to be a pear or belly heavy can I somehow choose? Or is it just one determined shape?

This project has been in development purgatory for so long that I only have plans for the preset shape until everything else is done. Other characters within the game though will go through various changes though over the course of it. For example, all of the members of the “Family” will undergo different drastic changes; some of which may fit those descriptions of body shapes. The only character you will be able to influence directly will be Madeline though there are two other protagonists that will have the potential to change based on the decisions you make through the course of the storyline and free sections.

1 Like

Cant wait to play the game!

This looks very promising. If I could support this project one day, I sure will!

I hope that it will turn out good. Like stated before I’ve never done anything like this in the past but I’m trying to make it the best that I can.