Corrupted Powers -Not Dead

My thought to the matter is after a certain weight the character image will not update any further. As it stands, after a predetermined weight the game will end as the character can actually die from being too heavy. I may allow changes to that weight or just remove the death condition completely.

Yes that wouldn’t be realistic. There will be places that your character may not be able to enter if they get too heavy in the game world. Those areas wouldn’t cause any story to be missed but simply items and Easter egg like events to be unreachable. There will also be ways to control weight so you don’t have to wait in game to lose it over time. Too much dependence on those items or services though could cause dependence or unwanted effects to occur.

1 Like

This sounds almost too good to be true so far, cant wait for the next update

2 Likes

I hope once I’m able to compile a large amount of stuff to share it lives up to expectations. A current lack of free time is what is holding me up currently.

1 Like

Personally I think there is no limit and I was also wondering something. Is it possible to write a script that will place pixels in a certain area aka belly area and make it so there is no limit and the script places the pixels there if you do a certain action?
Basically infinitely expanding

The little movable character sprite itself will not change. I have little knowlege of how to create decent looking sprites. I know there are bases out there for larger sprites but I wouldn’t be able to draw on the clothing if my life depended on it. The larger character images however will change quite frequently dependent on what is occurring. Think of TQ levels of changing but with more size additions and visible types of changes. As stated before there will be a visual cut off and after that particular size the image won’t increase any further however the overall stats may possibly increase past the image cut off level.

Why do you have no Patreon supporters?

Slob fits well with the idea of corruption

Hey has this happen before? Apparently every time I try to enter the game it says it needs a password for me to go in and play.

The password is corrupt

my game freezes and closes after passing the start story and gives a black screen on my computer and then crashing

It has been a good while. Knowing myself, it may be another 6 months before another update.

The story still follows a young adult, Madeline (who’s name can be changed at the start) and her misadventures in attempting to find her way home.

What’s Planned Next:

I’m working on getting the full overworld created and working. Once that is completed a new update will come out.

I have changed gears once again and have cleaned up the UI along with changing how things will play. At the start the player will choose one of three body types, all of which for now will have preset body images similar to the body scan from over a year ago. The player will be able to explore much like a visual novel, however since the game is being made in RPG Maker MV, it allows for potential battles and a decent inventory system to keep track of all the items found along the way.

Across the top of the UI the Day and Time slots are as listed. The time increases when actions are performed, and days will go by. The Mind slot states what state of mind the character is in. Witness too many shocking things and the character’s mind state will go down. This can be increased again by going to the doctor in the game, or by finding alternate means. Alignment is based on what the player decides to do throughout the game with the relationship actions. The character will start off with no overall alignment. Weight, Calories, and Stomach all track what they state. Food and items used through the game, as well as time passing change these values. The character names are relationship tallies for each main character who can be swayed to be a friend or an enemy. The 7 Sins track how deep the character is into chaos. These can change based on character interactions. Letting a value get too high will have benefits and detractors.

I have moved away from the 3D models for the moment. They were taking way too long to create. I have also removed the Thirst, Bladder, and Bowel requirements making micromanagement no longer an issue. Your Heart, Lung, and Liver functions will still be affected over time if you treat the character’s body badly, however they wont result in game overs… at least not planned as of yet. Voicing may or may not be done as of now.

Any questions, just ask. This is nowhere near done however. The old link probably isn’t working anymore and to be honest you can just ignore it. Once I get a good chunk done a demo based off this version will go up.

14 Likes

4 Likes

Basic flowchart of main areas and potential spoilers. Each area will have different actions to do, the Southern and Central zones will only be open at the start once in the city. The Eastern and Western areas will require a little playing to unlock, but once unlocked the time system and energy/sleep will become active. Clicking on Story within the Motel once unlocked will allow for more areas and actions to become available and/or potentially soft lock locations until certain story missions are completed. Clicking Explore will allow the player to anywhere they have unlocked and provided the player is on good terms with the citizens, be able to build or break relationships pivotal to the story.

6 Likes

The four main characters who follow each other throughout the story line… or not. It will be up to you. Bridget the Nanny Bot with an erased memory and skill set, Ruby the young adult who works in the Red Light District who doesn’t know her past, Madeline (player can change the name) the young adult who the player directly controls, and Carli a woman of an unknown age that reveals very little about herself and her intentions to the others.

9 Likes

Has a demo been released for this project? It looks cool and I wanna try it.

1 Like

is there any link you can provide?