Coven of Calahree, Now Live! (v1.1.1 (Public Demo Available)]

Youve gotta talk to the former housewife and deliver the food before her sister will let you out.

Honestly, theres no big reward for grinding. Your characters dont share levels or equipment. CoC is more based around the story than the gameplay

Ummm, i talked to her, it’s sill stuck. And about the grind, it’s more something that i can’t help doing it, even though i hate it (like league of legends).

Very much in need of a walk through here. Doing all the 5 tasks on Ginny, Helped Bunny, Aided the House wife, did delivery’s and helped the science lady with her “Project” and helped the two sisters. all thats left is the mountain hero lady but any time I try to go there I get told “I still have tasks to do in town I cant leave” and im basically soft locked even after trying a new file.

If youve done all five tasks, go back to Griselda in the Tower for your next assignment

Alright idk what the problem was but I reset the game and it marked as complete. Thanks for the help I suppose :stuck_out_tongue:

So I’m looking at this, and I think I see the problem.

One of the many things addressed in the last version of the game was triggers that happen when Tia is cured or not cured by Griselda in Chapter 3. It’s an A or B path. But in the older versions, as in, the one that you were playing, they would get tagged incorrectly. If you had a save file that you continued past Chapter 3, then this is definitely the problem.

There are three ways to go about fixing this, assuming that Steam players can access their saves in the Steamapps/common/Coven of Calahree folders.

If you can access it, you can either send me a message here with a link to your save and I’ll fix it for you manually, I can send you a save file that was “tagged” correctly for you to import, or (the least desirable option, considering that you’re all the way at the end, I feel) is to start a new game file.

So it’s a real good news/bad news situation. The good news is I found the answer to the problem, though!

1 Like

Looking into your issue here, these are the screengrabs for the script in this event.

The only thing keeping you in the house is having Item#0010 Meal 2. Talking to the Fat Housewife automatically removes the item without any further input from you, the player. So what’s more than likely happened is that it’s a glitch.

The same as above, if Steam players are able to access their save files, I’ll be happy to fix this issue for you if you send it to me via DM

1 Like

One last question: is there a bad end? and if yes, can i access from somewere in the epiloge?

There are 2 bad ends. One concerning Ginny, and one concerning Griselda. I believe that the only videos in the dev room are Cut Content though, so you would have to play through the scenarios naturally to get the Bad Ends.

4 Likes

Which scenarios are they?

Question, HOW do you get the bad endings, cause i’m confused, do you have to skip some stuff?

They’re basically Non-Standard Game Overs. For Ginny’s, you mess up a spell. For Griselda, you lose her boss battle.

Aw shucks that’d be giving away half the fun lol. Spoilers ahead:

Ginny Bunny and Slave Griselda

1 Like

Are there gonna be more bad ends? I bought the steam version and as you said there were only two bad ends, but I remember there were more than two in older versions.

Oh also, if it’s not much asking, there are some sprites unused in-game like fat and blob gabby sprites, were they meant to be in game but didn’t make it to the final version? If I’m not wrong there was a bad end(gonna put it in a spoiler just in case) about Ginny feeding a blob Gabby and Griselda, I think it was something like that.

Again, sorry if it’s too much asking

Honestly, I agree on the question about more bad ends, specifically regarding the final battle. It kinda feels weird that one of the three sisters doesn’t have any bad end.

2 Likes

I plan on adding them in my spare time - perhaps when I need a break from Cicada Springs. I originally wanted for every chapter to have a bad end except for 1, but time constraints and complications made me push that to the cutting room floor.

The other scenarios that you’re thinking of are probably the What If? stories Those can all be viewed in the Dev Room, but that last one is a mystery to me, friend!

As for the extra sprites, most of them are connected to cut content. But they may show up in future updates!

3 Likes

I see, thank you very much!

1 Like

Congratulations on 1.0! Awesome to see

1 Like

The current ending is plenty good and nice, but I can’t help but wonder what could have been if say, the way to beat Calahree was for Gabby to basically become her new prison, and thus basically ending up either just permanently obese, or perhaps the fattest in the land as part of the containment, though with full control of herself still thanks to support from friends/family/the divine.

Other idea could’ve been Gabby basically becoming the new Calahree, in the sense that what she represents will never be erased.