Coven of Calahree, Now Live! (v1.1.1 (Public Demo Available)]

I think you’re right lol. There was one at the end of Chapter One and originally one at the end of Chapter Two, but I took them out as soon as you could progress to the next chapter.

I’ll make sure to put one in for Chapter Three as of this next update. While I’m there, I’ll see what I can do about releasing a more stable demo for everyone to play :slight_smile:

5 Likes

you kinda spoiled the next update for the rest of us : /

1 Like

I apologize, but I’ve mentioned VERY little of the actual content of that update, and it’s necessary to report stuff from the updates of the game. I am sorry to “spoil” stuff for you, but I spoiled basically 8% of the chapter, and it feels like you’re being a bit of a baby about this.

1 Like

you didn’t say what chapter so to me it was just a normal bug report

4 Likes

I wish I could afford to support your Patrion, although I admit that that’s mostly because I’m a pretty useless as a bugfinder if I’m a full version behind.

1 Like

Hey everyone! While I’m working on the finishing touches of this next update, I went ahead and developed a more “stable” demo for everyone to try out.

I updated the links in the top post (it should be version 0.2.2.1) - this includes some of the things that people have talked about here like signaling the end of the demo version, and getting rid of that annoying save loop, as well as some of the implementations that were released in the paid versions (rest point in the tower primarily)

Unfortunately, save files are still an issue for paid and free players - it’s something that I’m struggling to work out due to “scripted” saves and saves that players may have made before big events like boss battles.

I appreciate all of the feedback that everyone’s given me so far, and hope that you’ve all enjoyed it!

5 Likes

Screw it, I’m a patron now. Expect merciless bug-finding, at least some of the time.

1 Like

Just updated the Top Thread with (another) new demo and the link to the most recent version available for Patrons!

This one was sort of a technical update with more stuff added in for fun. I didn’t want to take a whole month just to bring certain areas up to speed without offering anything else up, so the What If? scenarios available in the Dienro House have been implemented for 4 out of the planned 10!

However, there are a lot of newer implementations that really help flesh out the game, like a new shopkeeper (and Ashani the Seamstress being available from the start) as well as a few fixes for things like repeating scenes and inconsistencies.

Here’s hoping that everyone enjoys it!

5 Likes

Can we transfer a save file from the last build to this one? I literally JUST started playing yesterday and didn’t finish.

Thats a great question, to which I can only answer… maybe? Save files have been touch and go for some players. Im sorry I don’t have a better answer!

I’ll try it out with this build and report back tomorrow.

Reporting back in with a super minor patch - the chest behind the tower no longer resets when you change characters, and you can now actually TALK to the Seamstress (one of my favorite characters, tbh!)

This should be the last time I bump this board until the new version is released sometime next month!

5 Likes

how do you get past heroes axe part, I talk to alma but I don’t get no axe

Review the dialogue when asking for the axe. It tells you outright what you need to get. If you still can’t figure it out: booze. You need booze.

Alright, so I tested it and it seems to work. I’ll make sure nothing’s fucked up but I think I can confidently say that saves carry over from the last build.

Just posted the newest version links in the main post!

We’re up to chapter 4 for patrons, and the fully updated chapter 3 for the public demo!

4 Likes

Time for more witches!

I encountered a few bugs, one of them game-breaking.

Firstly, this treasure chest behind the witch’s house is inaccessible, one of the roof tiles is blocking movement. There’s also some tiles that DON’T block movement, because I can pass over them onto the house.

The other, game-breaking issue is that while doing the delivery quests, after going into this house and having the dialogue, I’m totally stuck and frozen here. Can’t move, open menu, anything.

3 Likes

Oof, that’s not good - I’ll have to patch those ASAP.

1 Like

Normally I wait to post patches like this, but since the delivery one is gamebreaking with no way around it, I went ahead and fixed it up in both the free version and the paid version. That one came about because I was trying to get rid of a holdover from an old script lol - fix one thing and two things crop up in its place.

Hopefully it runs better for you now :slight_smile: