Coven of Calahree, Now Live! (v1.1.1 (Public Demo Available)]

Oh fuck we got memeage lol

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it so far! I’ll do my best to answer your questions in order:

While I was aware of the issue with the minotaur (it was reported either on here, the Discord, or on the private Patreon page) I wasn’t aware that we were still having problems with getting the pictures right. Do you have a specific example? I feel like I’m just missing a few, and it’s a matter of hunting them down.

1. I did that because you’ll have some people try to avoid paying the toll, so it’s a line of events that go straight across. It’s a way of giving people who aren’t leveled up for that area a chance at backing out - it stops after Chapter 4. Tora is also a potential VIP Room candidate, coming next month.

2. The basic effect will be whether or not every single maid in the game becomes fat (since they’re all related) or if the Fat Housewife becomes one of the larger characters. Again, I had to push this development off until next month due to personal issues, but the outcome of that particular quest will be made ready in Chapter 4.

2 Likes

I already talk to Malary… she tell me about eerie cave and lead to the forest…

Ok, another bug. I went back to chapter one to do the Bunny Bombshell dialogue I missed(it fucking sucks that you get locked out just because you missed one NPC in this HUGE building full of people, btw). I talked to her, she said she was hungry, so I went and bought beer nuts to give her… but you can’t talk to her a second time. She just flickers to face you and then back and doesn’t start a dialogue.

There’s also some quality of life things that could be changed/fixed that I’ve found.

1. Pressing X to cancel out of a dialogue menu with some people(the bar lady at the inn, for example) doesn’t always work. Sometimes it just selects the second dialogue option.
  2. Sometimes you have to press Z to open a door or leave an area, and sometimes you just have to walk up against it. Should only be one or the other for consistency.
  3. The basic attack spell the girls have is pretty weak. It’s basically the same as just attacking, except you can’t miss or crit, and it costs MP. It should be at least noticeably stronger than just using attack if it costs resources.
  4. The ‘all enemies’ attack spell costs WAY too much. Spending 8 times as much MP when you’re almost always only fighting 1 or 2 enemies is a waste. It probably shouldn’t cost more than 4 times as much as the single-target spell, like 20 MP in this case.
  5. LET US SELL ITEMS. Why does nobody do this in any of these RPGMaker games? It’s the most infuriating thing when you buy something, then the game gives it to you for free later, and you can’t even get rid of the extra one you don’t need now. It makes me feel stupid and robbed and I stop wanting to play the game just because it’s building up so much negative feelings about it in me.
2 Likes

here are photos of the bugs that I found and in fact I found a few more by replaying the game only to find the bugs that I mentioned before:
:blush:

characters which griselda should speak, but the interactions of Gabby or Ginny come out:

If gabby beats the minotaur after talking to him for the first time in this position, she walks to go back with her sisters and continues the final scene of the first chapter, but from if she starts walking from here she will stop walking and she will bug out and the next scene will never happen:

when you want to interact with these objects so that Mrs. Dienro shows us the “what if …?” moments at the end of the cinematic of these, the game gets bugged, Griselda disappear from the map and you have to close and open again the game to continue playing

And finally, when you are going to cross the portal to end the 3rd chapter, you cannot supposedly go back, but if you go to the left or right you can escape from the place.

2 Likes

I know that it sucks that there are some missing features here. I’m still learning how to use the UI, even after all of these hours in. Whether you’re playing the Demo version or you’re a subscriber on my Patreon, I’m just happy you’ve taken the time to give it a shot - and these kinds of messages are things that I can use to make the game better.

Bunny’s storyline is still being developed atm. I’m still trying to work out a way that her dialogue isn’t locked into the first chapter - by experimenting with some other characters, I’ve worked out a way that she should be able to be made accessible again in Chapter 5. Though not to the same extent that she would be if you’d gotten her earlier (ie, she won’t get as big)

Also, you don’t get her beer nuts! You get her something from Freya by asking her about the Entertainment after activating her first quest! I’ll try to work on the phrasing and help point players in the right direction with this one.

1 & 2 are mostly just me “getting it on the board” and then forgetting about it lol. By the end of it, all of the dialogue options will be correctly auto-exitable, but it’s something that you have to manually change and sometimes I just miss it sometimes lol. My bad!

As for the doors, it’s more or less the same deal. Once it’s finished, all doors will need to be opened manually, while trails/roads and exiting homes will be set to player touch. Doors will also have full opening animations and won’t open onto brick walls.

The battling stuff I’m still figuring out - but I hear you when you say that the beginning spells are weak and cost too much mana. For Gabby, that was kind of the point in her first chapter, but for Griselda and later Malary the spells should be more effective for what they cost. I’ll go ahead and adjust the MP costs down for now as of the next patch, until I can figure out a better formula for the higher spells that don’t make those characters too OP.

Related, but for those playing in Chapter 4 I’m having difficulty getting Delilah’s attacks to be super-effective on the Reaper for pretty much this exact same reason. It’s set to the right element rate, it’s just not cooperating. UGHHH.

As for 5, in the southern part of town there’s a booth that I’ve set up for that very purpose! It’s one of my most requested features, and I’m working on making it available early in-game to get rid of that very problem (and also allow you to take up Alma’s offer of pawning stuff to hire her out in Chapter 2). I just haven’t designed a shopkeeper that I’m happy with. It’s a dumb reason, I know, but that’s why the big rug is there next to the Shirewood Shipping Mansion. But there IS a place to sell items in Chapter 4 in Pandemonium.

1 Like

This is great, thanks a lot! now that I know where the bugs are, I can fix them. If they’re not too complicated, I should be able to have them patched within a day or two!

1 Like

Also, you don’t get her beer nuts! You get her something from Freya by asking her about the Entertainment after activating her first quest! I’ll try to work on the phrasing and help point players in the right direction with this one.

Alright. You could have Gabby say something like “Maybe I can ask the bar lady for something” after talking to her or the like. And fixing it so she talks to you again so it doesn’t make people think it’s bugged and they can’t progress.

I found another bug. The lady who stops you on the way to the badlands will stop you again even after you paid/fed her if you try to pass her on a square other than the one you triggered the first time.

EDIT: Also, when you use the Strange Token, the Pink Bunny Ears, or the Lost Button in Dienro Manor to view the cutscene, when you come back, your character is nowhere on the screen and you can’t leave. You can only open the menu.

welp complete demo 3… I am going wait for demo 7 or 8 is done and free

I could leave and interact with things, I was just invisible

Another bug:

When I went back to the caves to go to the fairy place, the minotaur was there and if I fought him and won the game would send me back to what happens after you beat him.

Someone could be so kind as to tell me the order to talk to the characters for the search for the bunny. I am stuck from the first version and I had not seen this thread.

Just posted the latest versions in the op! Thanks to the help of everyone whose posted here and on patreon, I was able to hit pretty much everything so far!

Next up (hopefully) is the 0.4.1.0 update that goes in and adds the rest of the stuff that was missing from this update. Including the next step forward in the Remi/Kara storyline, more What If? Scenarios, a Bad End for Chapter 4!

3 Likes

It might just be me, but I think the axe quest is broken in version 0.3.3.3. I can get in the cave just fine, but I can’t go very far. There’s no axe in the cave, and all the paths are locked off, save the short path to the left that leads to a chest and a skull, but nothing to interact with. Am I just missing something obvious?

Wow, that’s a serious damper. When I went and redesigned the cave part of the area to address one bug, I opened the pathway for another. I’ll have this patched up in an emergency one post-haste.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing this one out - I’ve updated the OP with a patched version. As much as it pains me to see those three neat 3’s go away, it’s important that new players are able to actually PLAY the game lol. Hope you get a lot more mileage out of it now that you can actually progress!

1 Like

not sure what happend but in .4.0.3 when doing the food delivery part when you go into the house with all the maids for some reason no matter what i do it never says i talked to her and wont let me leave

Hey, sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this one - I’ve been away from the computer for a few days. I’m not seeing anything in the script that could be making this occur. Did you ever get this resolved, or is it still happening?

2 Likes

Where do i find the other 3 items for the Dienro house? i only have the left coin

In 4.0.3 the bunny girl quest is broken, it loops when you’re in the back room with her