[CreatureUnknown] Smasher and the Will o' the Thiccs

Absolutely tremendous game! uwu

The character art and presentation style are absolutely on point! Keep up the awesome work, dude~

1 Like

Great usage of the jam concept, and that belly molding under pressure was great, haha x3

1 Like

One look at the style and I just knew you were the guy responsible for ‘Fats Food’ last game jam! I love your big, wobbly circle tums!

The whole presentation was joyous and the challenge was there, tapping into so many flash minigolf/pool games. One very slight thing that was bugging me though: for someone going through some drastic physical changes, the MC is unusually calm about it as a silent protagonist!

It would definitely add something to hear the MC’s reaction to blowing up bigger, smashing through walls and stuff. I don’t know if it would be cheesy to spout quips or just the perfect level of cheese for this game, haha.

3 Likes

Well, it is mentioned pretty early that Smasher’s been trying to gain weight. Harley mentions how they have a gainer shake every morning. I do like the idea of quips, though

2 Likes

It’s impressive you you made this just as frustrating as actual golf.

One thing I would like to see is maybe different completion dialogue on each level for different skins but other than that it’s a great game!

1 Like

I loved the game a lot and I can’t wait for the full version, I liked it so much that I tried to see how quickly I could complete the game with the best ranking in each level and these are my results doing this.

3 Likes

How did you get such high scores, especially in the mall level?

I had to practice the levels and see when to where and how hard I had to shoot obviously not everything went the first time because despite knowing how to do everything with a little practice it happened to me that the physics made me bounce with something and fail or He was pitching late or too fast or he was so far away that I couldn’t see him

1 Like

I gotta say, I had a lot of fun with this, Big potential! But, I’m unsure of how one gets more points, some tips would be handy!

Besides that I did not do it the first attempt, I only did it the first and that was the first level, the second I did it on the second attempt because I did not calculate well the force I had to give for the first blow, but the third hit perfectly on the second. It was like on the 5th attempt because I could not position myself well or calculated wrongly and the fourth for some reason took longer than on another occasion I did it on the first attempt so you can already see that everything can be achieved in a much less time than me I did

1 Like

try to memorize the maps to use as few hits as possible also try to find positions where you can hit more than one will o’ the thicc at the same time

2 Likes

My GOSH there is SO MUCH POLISH in here, it’s maddening how good of an experience a solo dev managed to make in two weeks! like, just that first cutscene has such good style, but it’s also present in the rest of the game, plus it’s fun and satisfying to play! it’s not perfect, but dang for a jam is it close enough. excellent job!!

3 Likes

okay for starters i am new here to Weight Gaming and I played this game and got through all 4 levels and I have to say the game was great I mean who would ever think to have Weight Gain in a Golf Game, well you certainly did and when the full version comes out here are some ideas I have in mind to give.
for starters is Several characters they are unlocked through getting pars in each level to put all they bring is you having someone to playthrough the level as, and in fact maybe different outcomes through beating a level with a different person, another thing is Boss fights, here is how i presume they would work: you can move your character period as in, there is no pause after you shoot, and you have a big Par goal, i mean you need one if your gonna beat the boss. another thing have like a way to know where the Will’ o the thiccs are and the end goal, and one last idea in mind, is having more Will’ o the thiccs in a level then what you are required to grab, why? mainly a bigger score and bigger size, I am hoping to see more of this grand game in the future

It also takes a while to load up after opening it, I forgot to mention that.

I see a female tag, but the MC in all the screenshots seems to be male. Is there a second character or something?

Some of the unlockable skins are female.

1 Like

Yeah. You gotta get a certain amount of points on certain levels to unlock other characters

I only saw the one from the mall, was there another?

Just letting you all know I made a post in Projects about my plans, as well as a YCH opportunity for player skins.

3 Likes