Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

So I’ve been giving this a go for a while, and having great fun, but some difficulties not related to the technical side of things. This is a substantially long thread, and there’s a lot to do in the game, but the hard part has been FINDING it in the game. Based on the short install instructions, for a long time I didn’t know that there was a solid set of content tied to the way of life DLC and LF mods, and now that I’ve delved into that it’s been even more fun. Some kind of signpost post (either a new thread, or editing the top post of this one) with a link to the most recent download and a general map of where kink content has been implemented would be a really huge help for trying to experience as much of this fun as possible.

1 Like

thing is this evolved from a general question someone posted into a mod, the mod creator did not post the top nor is this technically an exclusive thing, it is moreso failmuseum is the one who took the question and made it a reality, so digging through old posts indeed is hard but not unexpected given the circumstance

1 Like

Not unexpected at all, or unreasonable - I’m getting free fun mod content, I’m not going to complain too much about the delivery mechanism. But I also didn’t think it would hurt to point out. I am having a lot of fun playing with the mod, and presumably that is failmuseum’s goal, since they’re nice enough to publicly post it here. But it really is very hard to try and parse through two years worth of thread for the posts about what content has been implemented where, across different versions, especially interspersed with potential future ideas, things that have since been changed, and things like the initial installation instructions that don’t make any mention of the content that’s mod and DLC dependent. I’ve gotten the potion events and I think most of the base game content, but I suspect there’s more stuff I’m missing.

1 Like

Understood, I need really need to start a new thread in projects, but I keep putting it off since I’m a bit attached to this thread, if I’m honest (but it will happen, likely when the next update drops). I’m thinking about adding a readme file into the mod’s archive, that way there is a much lesser need for scrolling through this massive thread.

1 Like

where i can get latest version of this mod?

4 Likes

Here you go, sorry for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

Maybe this was answered further up in the thread, but I keep seeing placeholder text (things that look like file names with underscores, stuff like “fatocracy_weight_clothes_size_XL”)for about 40% of the fatocracy text. Is this a glitch on my end, or is it just stuff that hasn’t been implemented yet?

1 Like

That’s normal, if you see a lot of things with underscores, that means that the text for that option or description isn’t finished yet. 99% of the time, you should still be able to understand what you’re doing if you read the underscored text (though I admit, sometimes it could be a bit harder than what I’m describing).

To get the ball really rolling again, I decided to work on something I’ve been planning on for quite a while (Hunting and feasts are still being worked on, I just need to start with something I’m going to have more fun making). I’ve finally started my work on the Neko maid events. That’s not the only Neko related thing I’ve started though, I also cleaned up the Neko prestige modifiers by adding 3 new ones (the max reward is the same, but now you get a modifier every 10 weight level). I also have the groundwork laid out for Nekos to get unique events when they or their lovers/spouses/concubines gain weight as alternatives to the normal narrative events. The Immobile trait is in the mod now, but it currently is just functioning as a placeholder for the maid events and can’t be obtained yet (due to how many complications with temporary obesity this would create, you will not be able to enter that state if your character is already immobile through normal means).

Now for the maid events themselves. First of all, at this point in time, these events are only available to male characters due to how LF set up who gets to grant the Neko Maid titles. I might make an equivalent later, but I’m not sure if I will or not yet (I do need some male exclusive content, since anything exclusive has been 100% female up to this point). Any Neko character with the title (unless they are temperate) will have a chance to get an event where they decide to start sneaking some food away from their liege. This will cause them to gain weight fairly quickly over a few years, the larger the diet you have, the faster the neko will gain weight per year (light diet +3 weight, balanced +5 weight, hearty +7 weight, very hearty +10, temporary obesity diet +15). The liege character will start to take notice if the maid has 25 weight level and has gained 25 weight level from this event chain. They will notice again once the maid is at 50 weight and has gained another 25 weight, and a final time when the neko is at 100 weight and gained 50 more weight from the event. I have plans for a few random events once the maid is caught (the second liege event). So far, I have the first liege event made, its a pretty standard affair in terms of options:

ignore - anyone can do this

get paranoid about them taking your food, lay trap - gluttons, feedees and hedonists can do this. Increases how much weight the neko gains every year until they are caught.

get slightly aroused by it, chance of fat fetish - lustful and seducer characters can do this

get aroused by it, get the fertility modifier for a year - fat fetishists can do this, neko gains more weight every year until they are caught next.

Have plans for there to also be a Neko “pet” chain of events. This would be the next step for the maid events. If the Neko maid becomes immobile (not temporary obesity) and therefore unable to work while in your service, you can give them an offer to stay, and continue to be pampered by you and your other servants. If they accept (will mostly be based on their opinion of you), I intend to have a few events revolving around this concept. Good odds I’ll have another way to have this fire than just the maid event chain, so that female characters or those that are into male nekos will be able to do this flavor of feederism as well. This will be handled via another minor title.

7 Likes

I also decided to lay the groundwork for a larger project/goal for Neko characters (if the extreme magic content is on). I want to stress that I want this to be something that is very hard to pull off, since it has larger impacts for all Nekos (and in one instance Kitsunes) on the map. I haven’t gotten all of the details and balancing figured out yet, but I’ll post about what I’ve got so far.

The idea is to have 3 idols that can be activated or deactivated to give/take away buffs to all Nekos on the map. Playing off of the established rivalry between Nekos and Kitsunes in LF, those two races are the only ones who can use the idols (although if any other character gets an idol, they will be able to give or sell it to a Neko or Kitsune). I intend to use the inventory system for those that have the dlc that enable it, but if you don’t have the dlc character flags will be used instead for tracking the idols. Nekos will be able to turn the buffs on or off, and Kitsunes will only be able to turn them off (there is no real reason for them to turn them on). I haven’t figured out how I want the Kitsunes to use it, but Nekos can turn on the idols if they have them the first time they reach 200 weight (the threshold for immobility). When they turn the idol on, the Neko will have have their weight reset, every character will get an event notifying them about it, and all Nekos will receive their respective buffs. These buffs will likely make the Nekos OP, but remember that these idols are going to be very difficult to get your hands on, and they can be taken away if a Kitsune decides to intervene.

Now for what the buffs themselves do:

Top Cat: Vassals of Nekos will lose 5 weight every weight pulse (the vassal’s weight pulse, not the liege) and their Neko liege will gain 1 weight per vassal. Seems a bit week, but immobile Nekos get a ton of prestige and Neko opinion bonuses. Courtiers do not lose any weight, only vassals.

Blurred Ancestry: Nekos and Kitsunes on adulthood might receive personality traits from their opposite race. Specifically, Kitsunes will have a chance to become one of the following: gluttonous, lustful, feedee fetishist, breeder (LF trait), or slothful. Nekos can get either proud or envious (lower chance of Nekos getting the traits then Kitsunes). Nekos can also sometimes be born with the ability to use the magic system. Kitsunes spells will have a higher chance of failing, and they will have a harder time turning off the idols than before (whatever that will mean in the future)

Natural Appeal: Nekos will get several bonuses related to their appearance. Nekos will have a decent chance of being born with the attractive trait. Male Nekos will get +1 diplomacy at birth. Female Nekos on adulthood will be able to chose which body part they want fat to primarily go to. Nekos will gain a small fertility bonus the fatter they are. Finally, all characters who are not either a Neko or Kitsune will have the ability to give out the Neko Pet title without needing to unlock it.

There is one more power/event related to these idols that I have planned, but this will need to enabled with a game rule (the ones that you select before starting a game) due to it being a very dramatic, permanent change to the game world. If all of the Neko idols have been activated, three things will happen. I do have a vague idea for the lore as why this would happen (as well as for the idols themselves), I will need to work it through a bit though since I haven’t dedicated much thought to this outside the mechanical aspects.

First, the idols will no longer be able to be turned off by Kitsunes.

Second, all non human, non Neko, currently living, adult characters will have a chance (or guarantee, if you/they choose that option when the event comes up) to get one of the personality traits of Nekos.

Third and most importantly, every Human character will have a chance to become a Neko. Characters can either let it happen or try to resist (chances of resisting will be dependent on piety or the zealous trait). If you have the non consensual content turned off, resisting will always succeeds (though to compensate, I will have more AIs accept the transformation if its turned off).

There is a very low chance of anything else like this being in the mod (the sweeping, possibly unwanted permanent changes I mean). This is more of a personal idea I wanted to include, so unless people really like it, I probably won’t focus too much on it either. Nekos also needed something more substantial to do, in default LF, only the female Nekos had anything unique to them (occasional massive fertility boost).

Again if this content is unpalatable, there will be a game rule to turn off the final power. The idols are also reliant on having extreme magic turned on. Any thoughts on how to balance it or just on the content in general would be appreciated.

8 Likes

This thread is really big at this point, and the mod being made here is pretty far in development. Would it be reasonable to make a thread specifically for the mod at this point?

4 Likes

I’m loving all these ideas, especially the ones about the demonic spells. Lemme know if you need any more localization text!

1 Like

I’d second this. It’s a nightmare trying to find the latest release and, as previously mentioned, failmuseum didn’t create the thread so they can’t just edit the first post. This CKII mod is developed enough to warrant its own thread imo

4 Likes

I support the action as well.

How do you add custom portraits?

What are the weight tiers? I’m playing as the duchess of Castle and she’s at 215 and is at blob level. What comes next?

That’s it for now, you need a potion to get immobility it’s called temporary obesity. It goes soft body pot belly then I think chubby fatty rotund butterball and blob of I remember right (been playing ck3). Blobs last level

1 Like

That’s it for the current build, but the next update will have immobile be the next weight level at 200. I will also have to figure how I want to handle the vanilla game’s obesity modifier soon because of it. I’m thinking maybe have the warning appear at 125 and then have it be given at 150 weight level. The update is coming along slowly, but I am getting there (almost done with the hunting feast events, then I just need to get the final hunting events themselves in). I will also make a new thread dedicated to this specific project once that update is ready.

5 Likes

Would the immobility give regency like temporary obesity or would it just effect martial skill.

It would put the character into a regency to keep the events that describe mobility from appearing as often as possible.

2 Likes