Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

Okay, glad to hear it’s working for you :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks, now, to just learn how to play the heckin game

1 Like

I guess there is a in-game tutorial where you learn to play as a ruler of Kingdom of León in the 1066 bookmark.

I played a lot this game, and wanted to say that it’s pretty interesting on it’s own, but this mod adds even more to the game mechanics.

As a beginner you can change the difficulty, after learning the basics you can also choose custom worldbuilding option with a lot of features to have fun with.

1 Like

I’ve overhauled the weight tier system to be a hell of a lot more efficient than it once was. Instead of now having roughly 40-50 events handling the weight tiers and female body shapes has been shaved down to only 2 events. This went even further now that I made the weight narrative events triggered only. The notification event will now hook into those narrative events using “IF” statements. The effect of this to to make the game run much faster than it had been before.

3 Likes

Hello, this mod looks very interesting, but what exactly are its features, what does it add? I saw a few posts about potions, but I imagine it adds other things as well.

1 Like

Here is a run down of roughly what I’ve implemented into the mod thus far (this is for my current internal build, not everything is in the current public build, but it will be fairly shortly):

-Extended the weight range for more gradual weight gain
-Changed the 5 year weight pulse to now fire every 2 years
-Added 10 tiers of fatness using modifiers
-Added events to make the narrative of weight gain more interesting than just getting a trait/modifier
-Added fetish traits so a character can have a fat fetish (stand in for feeder in most cases) or feedee fetish
-Added interactions between lovers/consorts/spouses if the partner knows about the other character’s fetish (stuffing, fondling, and either asking the partner to gain weight or asking them what they think about the feedee character gaining weight)
-Stomach capacity system that is mostly just used for the stuffing events.
-Female characters can have weight distributed to different body parts (Belly, breasts, butt, thighs, hips, or being bottom heavy) This is determined at random for each female character.
-Clothing events where clothing can be torn or bursted out of.
-Horse system that requires fatter characters to purchase stronger horses to avoid negative events when doing anything that could be considered traveling.
-Potions that can be unlocked when using the hunting focus (will have more ways to unlock them later) that have the effects of simple weight gain, switching the female weight allocation, glutton potion that negates some of the gluttonous trait’s negative aspects, giving the character a fetish, or making the character temporarily immobile.
-Misc. flavor events about gaining weight
-Diet and physical activity system that lets you choose a diet and level of exercise every time the weight pulse fires.
-An option to force fatten up prisoners
-A options menu to turn off fantasy elements, non immersive event images, turn off non consensual events, and diet notifications.
-Integration with the mods Luxuria Fantasia, Tentacled Dreams, and soon to be Tale of Nine Tails.
-Heresies for the existing religions that revolve around weight gain (not feature complete in the slightest, and only has them for Catholicism and Orthodoxy so far). Will have an option to have them spawn at the start of the game, or to make them unlockable.
-Take or be taken on a dinner date with a partner.
-Metabolism system based on sex and age (handled with the weight pulse)
-A temporary obesity state that can be entered via magical means (potions and if a LF demon has the glutton trait)
-Unique content for LF’s fantasy races (mostly for Nekos and Kitsunes)
-Cooking and baking XP/skill system to unlock new interactions with other characters.
-Check your weight level with a decision for easier tracking
-Soon to have a magic system which I outlined a few posts ago, also comes with a masquerade system for mages to deal with to make blending into society more difficult and dangerous.
-No DLC required to play, but some of them will improve the mod significantly (Way of Life is currently the main one, but Holy Fury, Monks and Mystics, Reaper’s Due, Conclave maybe, and The Republic will be useful to have later down the line.) The base game is free to play now, so not much to lose is this sounds interesting to you.

Here’s the link to the current build:

7 Likes

When were you planning on making a dedicated thread again?

It seems it may be useful to do so soon, to save people confusion, and you re-explanation.

1 Like

After 1.0 was ready was the plan, but yeah, I might need to do that sooner rather than later.

1 Like

With CK3 having its release date announced (Sept. 1st), will this affect your planning at all?
As in, would intend on a port for it once it comes out?

1 Like

from what I hear CK3 is gonna be not as fun mod wise and most certainly wont be a complete game at all, have to wait for all 20 DLCs to come out before that

2 Likes

the most unfortunately factual statement ever

1 Like

I dunno, I’ve been pouring over the dev diaries and the new game looks really damn good. I’m very excited to play it.

1 Like

Well, I will be paying attention to it for sure. This mod will always be my top priority in terms of projects until it is complete. After Imperator Rome, I’m going to be very cautious about purchasing it early in it’s life cycle. It does look good based on the dev diaries, and the CK team at Paradox seems to take the most care with it’s projects (just compare the average opinion of CK2’s expansions vs EU4’s for example, you normally won’t see the complaint of “should be in a patch” or “too high in price for what is on offer”). If the game turns out to be at least decent, I’ll pick it up and see what I can do with it mod wise, probably make altered variants of many of the events I’ve made for this mod (Heresies would also be much, much more elegant in a CK3 mod).

2 Likes

You wouldn’t even need a mod to make a Decedent heresy, you can make gluttony a positive trait in the base game. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I swear, there’s gotta be at least one of us there on the dev team.

6 Likes

Is this something already in the game, or do you mean it would be very easy to make myself? If it’s the former, I’d like a link to a source please :slightly_smiling_face:

I know it’d easy to make it, since there are a lot of doctrines that make certain traits virtues, sins, or criminal.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s in the game or not, but I won’t be surprised if there’s a religious tenet that makes gluttony a positive trait.

3 Likes

Few more ideas for the magic system. First, I have decided to make Kitsunes have the least potential with the system for the sake of balancing and the fact that most Kitsunes will have little use for the bulk of the spells. They will, however, have more spells that only they can use than any of the other LF races. Fairies will have the second most amount of unique spells, which will mean that they will have the most spells overall. Fairies will also have an extra +10 mana every time the weight pulse fires compared to the others. Characters that get sired by either a fairy or demon (kitsunes won’t be able to sire), then that character will also be able to use the racial spells of the race that sired them. This will only go down one “generation”, so if character 1 gets sired by a fairy, and then goes on to sire character 2, character 2 will not have access to the fairy racial spells.

The meditate spell, the one that gives you more mana, will ask for more to be sacrificed the more the spell is used, at least until the next weight pulse when the amount of times you can get more mana is refreshed. The some things the meditate spell may require to be sacrificed could range from money, prestige, piety, weight level, spell casting XP, cooking/baking XP, replace a virtue trait with a sin trait (with the exception of gluttonous and temperate), etc.

I also worked out another way to learn magic. A player that knows the potion witch’s location, and has used all of the potions on either a target or themselves, returns to the witch’s shop, she will offer to teach you how to use magic (I’ll be using the name Corpomancy for the system unless I/someone here can come up with a better name).

5 Likes

What about calling the magic system Weightcraft? It’s a play on witchcraft and it seems like the general public in CK2 would consider these spells witchcraft

7 Likes

Good call, I’ll go with that for now thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes