Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

Yeah I was happy to see the weight gain and loss stuff being a part of the new game, and not just for fetish stuff. It might even be easier to mod around if it’s more thoroughly integrated.

(Also still hammering away at the localization stuff, hope it’s worth the wait c: )

3 Likes

I’m working on the fetish events now, I’m starting with the fat fetish side of things. More specifically, I’m starting with the reckless eater event chain, where the non fetishist character takes advantage of the fact that they are in a relationship with a fat fetishist by being more reckless in their diet (occasionally eating more food or eating more fatting foods). I have no experience revealing my fetish to a romantic partner, so I’m not sure how to calculate the base AI chance for taking this option. Looking online hasn’t really yielded much in terms of results either. So I’m going to hold a poll here and base it on that. I’m not just looking for those with experience to answer either, opinions are fine as well. I’m personally of the mind that quite a few people would take the opportunity, but again I’m not sure. Keep in mind this is not a question of deliberate weight gain, only a little bit less inhibition in regards to food.

• Acknowledge the request (either neutrally or negatively), but not make any lifestyle changes
  • Eat more recklessly, knowing that them indulging is actually encouraged
  • Chance is about equal between options
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

Is there a specific trigger for the event to fire? Like the non fetishist has the gluttonous trait or something? It would seem really out of character for a temperate trait carrier to eat more recklessly, but given the spirit of the mod maybe you would want that.
Is it possible for a split between the two based on non fetishist character traits? Having a glutton always use the opportunity to eat more but a temperate character might just acknowledge the request and refuse or have a chance at losing the temperate trait? Perhaps characters devoid of both just get a chance equal between the two options?

2 Likes

This is for the base chance of the AI’s decision, meaning before traits or modifiers are taken into account. The context is this is when their partner takes them aside and reveals their fat fetish. Like you said, a temperate character would/will be very unlikely to make the decision, but gluttons or hedonists would jump at the chance. Characters with fetishes will have their own options as well. Fat fetishists will have two new options, one where they go along with it and reveal their fetish at the same time, and one where they don’t play along but also reveal their fetish as well. Feedees will get an alternative option that does the same things as the normal option, but will also reveal their fetish at the same time as well.

I see. Well if the glutton/hedonist takes the pig out route and the temperate character takes the refusal route I think a base decision should be balance of both for the sake of realism, assuming you can convince the non-fetishist spouse to be a feedee at a later date if they refuse. I think it would also be interesting to have temperate characters having a chance to lose the temperate trait during this event.

1 Like

My understanding from being abreast of fetish communities for over a decade is that a negative response can be rather frequent, moreso if one’s preferences are acted upon in secret (ie; sabotaging diets, etc and being caught doing so). A fair number of people on forums like Curvage for instance, tend to go through multiple partners or relationships before finding one sharing the fetish or ambivalent towards it.

Traits like Zealous or Envious might be worth factoring. Most religions have taboos relating to weight when it is perceived as a symbol of sins like Greed. Vanity might make it harder to convince an NPC to ‘damage’ their appearance (from their perspective), as would being Groomed. By contrast, a more unkempt individual might be more tempted to take advantage of the opportunity to disregard table manners…

For those with Way of Life, a Martial or Intrigue-focused character would understandably not want to let their weight get in the way, unless there were other factors at play. Secret Societies might be worth thinking about too since some (ie; most ‘evil’ ones) are more amenable than others.

The response should be contextual; there should be a limited chance of ‘turning’ a temperate character but I would expect them to get angry 90% of the time if they suspect the PC of fattening them beforehand. The response should also be influenced by the NPC’s opinion. If a spouse dislikes/hates you they might intentionally lose weight out of spite, etc. Someone that has already gained might be more open unless they’re actively dieting which again would probably piss them off.

E: Oh, yeah. Don’t forget player stats. A (relatively) low-charisma PC or one less attractive is probably gonna regret bringing the topic up. xD

6 Likes

What’s the max current weight? I got up to “blob” tier and can’t seem to get past that.

Tier wise, at the moment “blob” is the largest you can get. Your weight level variable, however, doesn’t have a limit (unless there is a hard cap for all variables that I’m unaware of).

Does increasing your weight past the tier limit do anything special?

I haven’t played as a feeder type character yet, is there a lot of content there yet? I’m honestly more of a feeder myself, so I’m excited to see where you go on that end. I think you can adjust your partners diet and force feed prisoners, is there anything else planned?

1 Like

At the moment nothing happens when you go above blob tier, but there will be more flavor events for each tier in the future. As for the feeder content, absolutely there will be more content on that side of things. When it comes to this fetish I fall exclusively on that side of the fence myself, it’s just that I need to make the groundwork for the feedee content first from a development standpoint. The first thing that will be added for them is actually what I’m working on right now. When you’ve revealed the fetish to your partner, you will have access to a new targeted decision with that partner to do certain things. The two things I’ve settled on so far is stuffing options, and asking them to deliberately gain weight.

1 Like

Fixed a few misc. things and got some more work done on the reckless eater events. Most notably, the food addiction event chain has been changed to less rigid, as well as not firing when the character is in prison or traveling. It’s also now capable of having a unique version of the event for incapable characters and for temporarily obese characters (I still need to make said events). The temperate trait is now far more potent at weight loss, used to be -3 it now is -5 weight every time the weight pulse fires. Reckless Eater modifier events can now be stopped at any time via a self targeted decision (I’ll probably make it so you need to not have any ravenous variable points, keep reading I’ll explain what I mean). If the character has ever had a reason to eat recklessly (handled by a rare flag from other events), they can also start the reckless eater events whenever they want to via a self targeted decision (for example, if a character doesn’t take advantage of being in a relationship with a fat fetishist when the fetishist revealed themselves).

Reckless eating has an occasional event that pops up where the character will have an opportunity to eat extra food with their current meal. The character can either indulge more, or decline. Both options have three different versions based on the Ravenous Variable, a unique variable used for the reckless eating events. Once the Variable reaches the thresholds of 5, and 10 the options effects will change.
The variable is raised by getting a (un)lucky role when picking indulgent options, and has a chance of being lowered by declining indulgence. The odds of gaining ravenous variable points is doubled (5% to 10%) if you are a feedee, a glutton, a hedonist, or a neko. Eating extra food will also push up another variable that is only going to be used for triggering future events. In the common popup event, indulging has the effects of: Tier 1 = weight gain +1, 10% chance to remove stressed Tier 2 = weight gain +2, 20% chance to remove stressed Tier 3 = weight gain +3, 30% chance to remove stressed. Declining will have the following effects: Tier 1 = Nothing Tier 2 = 15% chance to get stressed Tier 3 = 30% chance for stressed.

4 Likes

I love how you’re integrating the attributes of the character into the project, it really helps bring the mod to life. Keep the great work, this is shaping up very nicely.

1 Like

I’m getting to the point in the mod’s development where I should probably start thinking about asking artists to use their work in the mod. I’m a bit nervous however (social anxiety is a real pain in the neck), any advice on how best to ask? I don’t have any money that I can afford to spend on this, but also I’m only using artwork that is already available in a handful of artists’ public deviantart galleries and like always I’m giving people full credit.

“Hi! I’m working on a Crusader Kings 2 mod, and I’m currently in need of some artwork for some of the scenes. Would it be okay for me to use some of your artwork in the mod? I would of course credit you so people know where it came from.”

Try something like that, and if they say no or don’t respond, just let it be and move on. I’m sure that at least some artists would be fine with you putting their art in your mod.

Although if you need a specific kind of picture that you can’t get a hold of, most likely your only bet would be to commission an artist. Don’t go ask people to draw something for you for free, as they’re most likely already really busy with other things (but I’m sure you’re aware of that!).

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick advice :slightly_smiling_face:. I should have asked this in the first post, but would it also help if I mention that I don’t ever intend to earn any money off of the mod, like through a subscribestar or patreon account?

1 Like

Sure, couldn’t hurt!

1 Like

As long as you don’t catch an artist on a grouchy day and you’re respectful, I don’t see any issues. What do you need art for, just the event pictures and what not? I guess in a perfect world you could find some way to edit the portraits, but those don’t show the full body anyway so it’s not TOO important. .Still, it’d be fun to see the chins start to accumulate.

1 Like

Yeah I need them for the event pictures. I actually started learning how to draw yesterday, so far it’s going pretty well. But since I don’t think anyone wants to wait a year or two for me to learn how to draw, I’m going to need help from other artists.

The chin already changes once you get the fat trait (though I need to figure out how to get it to work with the temporary obesity trait as well), but I’m not a modeler either so it’d look horrible if I tried to make anything myself.

2 Likes

It’s fine my dude, you’re already helping the community by spending a lot of time on this mod and I personally want quality over quantity and is willing to wait for however long if that’s what it takes.

1 Like

Alright good news, I have gotten permission from one of the artists on my list. Tight-Fit has agreed to let me use his artwork in the mod. I’ve also been given permission to color in the black and white drawings he has if I want to. I’m mainly using parts of his weight gain sequences “Bewitching Treat” and “A Royal Pig-Out”. So the next update will finally have some art to go along with it. Thank you again Tight-Fit :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes