Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

That’s great to hear! Does Tight-Fit have a account on this website? I really do like his artworks.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s here, scroll up a few posts and you’ll find him.

1 Like

Here is my coloring job on one of the black and white pictures Tight-Fit allowed me to use. This will also likely be shaded by me later, right now I only know how to do flat colors. Disclaimer: This is his artwork after I scaled it to fit my 450X440 pixel limit with my larger event windows. I’m doing my best to preserve the quality as much as possible. Here is the link to the original A Royal Pig-Out [Part 2] [Commission] by Tight-Fit on DeviantArt

clothes_bursting

7 Likes

NICE! This is perfect, and here I was thinking this mod project couldn’t get any better!

1 Like

I think I’m going to start making the reckless eater events something that can happen to characters from things other than just having a romantic partner with a fetish, as well as a way to start and stop the events . I’m not sure if I said it already, but I’m going to make targeted decisions to start the event chain if your character has a reason to recklessly eat, and an option to stop it if their ravenous variable is 0. An example of another event that would give characters another opportunity to eat recklessly would be when fat characters are having issues with physical activity (due to their fat). They have an option to snack away the stress as a response, so I’m going to make this one of the ways to get the modifier/events if the character doesn’t already have it. If they do have the modifier I’ll make it so the ravenous variable will go up by 2 (as well as the character gaining weight). Another would be a new event for characters that were more hedonistic during their time while temporarily obese. Another would be for more stubborn, unlanded (at the start of the event chain) adult daughters being betrothed/married non-matrilineally to someone they don’t like. I’ll also probably include male characters who are matrilineally betrothed/married. The parent who is their liege (if a parent even is their liege) will get an event for this and can try and steer them away from this path or just leave it be. This is going to be a slightly different version from the standard reckless eating event chain. The character will have the option to stop if they become landed at some point, if the spouse/betrothed dies, or if they get a lover.

Sorry this is more of what I will be doing rather than any progress, since I’ve focused a bit too much on learning to draw. I’m getting back to programming now.

5 Likes

Looking forward to your updates.

1 Like

MightyHallberd has kindly sent me the first part of the temporary obesity localization file yesterday. I think he’s done a very good job so far, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the localizations. Thanks MightyHalberd for all of your help :slightly_smiling_face:.

6 Likes

Here is the current demo build of the mod. It’s admittedly not as a large as the last one, but I think I’ve gotten enough done to warrant another demo. The main things that are now in it are: the physical activity system, the reckless eating system, bug fixes, MightyHalberd’s localizations, and Tight-Fit’s artwork for the cloth bursting/tearing events, the blob event picture (The other picture I colored that I didn’t show) and the Temporary obesity events where female characters that have hip, thighs, butt, or bottom heavy focused weight gain rapidly expand in their respective areas. [FIXED VERSION OF THE DEMO THREE POSTS BELOW THIS ONE]

5 Likes

With the new demo, I am getting spammed with “Relevant_Character_Diet_Balanced_Description” in the high priority messages section. Without localization i’m not sure what the message means but unless it really important to get that message every few weeks you might want to look into lowering the amount it comes up.

1 Like

Yeah, crap. I know what I messed up. I forgot to set that event to triggered only. I’ll get a hotfix up in a few minutes.

1 Like

Here is the fixed version of demo 4. I fixed the event that would cause the notification sound and popup to make people become both deaf and irritated. Fatocracy Demo 4 Take Two.zip (1.1 MB)

5 Likes

when you say not as big, do you mean you removed content? or just not as big a change for the build

1 Like

I just didn’t add as much to the mod between demo 3 and demo 4 as I did going from demo 2 to demo 3. No content was removed, apart from bugs and maybe some really outdated events.

Just tried out the mod for myself, and had a good time with it!

Besides the obvious lack of descriptions and flavour text (which will come in once it’s done of course), it’s easy to see that a lot of work has already been put into the whole “skeleton” of the mod, and I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes!

2 Likes

Oh, I also added the notification that informs you what diet your spouse, consorts, and close relatives are on. It’ll fire whenever they choose a diet for themselves. That was the event that I needed to fix in the first post.

1 Like

I would be willing to write some descriptions if you let me know what takes priority in your mind. Not a pro but figured I’d offer.

1 Like

Thank you for the offer :slightly_smiling_face:. I’ll send you a message once I’ve got some writing that I’d need help with.

1 Like

Will save files from Demo Three be compatible to use, or will my Empire implode if I do that?

1 Like

Your save file should be good to keep playing with. I don’t think I my new demo did anything to break existing save files. You should make a backup just to be safe though.

For whatever reason I’m having some trouble getting this version of the mod to work. I have the mod file and the zip in the mod folder in the correct spot along with all my other mods, but it doesn’t seem to run. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?