Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

Okay, I’ll see if I can help. Firstly, remove my mod’s files from the mod directory for a clean start. Extract the contents of the zip file in the mod directory. Finally, make sure the mod is activated in the launcher first. It could be a mod compatibility issue. Deactivate all the mods in your launcher (not uninstall) except for mine, and see if that works if my earlier steps failed.

1 Like

I got it working! I guess it was the mods that were doing it, strange. I’m super excited to see what is new!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, does enabling Reckless Eater have any events attached to it, or is just a means of speeding up a characters weight gain?

Possible bug, the lizard_pregnant_craving_description seems to continue long past the actual pregnancy and comes up every few months. The only option I can take is lizard_pregnant_craving_first_time_option.

It has a few events associated with it. Mostly it is the option that determines whether or not you eat recklessly every now and then. There are also events to get the glutton traits as well as the fetish traits.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I had this issue come up before, but I didn’t get around to fixing/removing the event. If you are playing a full campaign with my mod as it is now (I wouldn’t recommend playing a campaign with the mod yet, but if you are) just remove the “DWF Dragon Pregancy weight gain” txt file from the mod for now to stop the event from firing. This shouldn’t break anything in the mod if you remove this.

2 Likes

I’ve made progress in the fetish events now. The fetish reveal decision and events are now fully functional, minus the AI chance for the main part of the event. I’ll go through the options now: Option 1 is the neutral option where nothing happens beyond the reveal.Option 2 is for fat fetishist reveals, this is where a character can start the reckless eating events. Option 3 is for the other character to reveal their fetish at the same time. Option 4 is to expose the other character as a fetishist in an attempt to smear their reputation with non fetishists and the church.

6 Likes

In my environment, the command options are not displayed properly.
How to install mod just extract it and put it in the folder?
DWR is also introduced.

Look in your “my documents” folder and look for the “paradox interactive” folder. Then look for the “crusader Kings 2” folder. Finally, go into the “mod” folder. Then you extract and place my files in the “mod” folder. Before you start playing, go to the launcher for the game and activate my mod.

Also, this mod uses “Luxuria Fantasia” / LF, not “Dark World Reborn” / DWR.

The display of choices has not been made correctly yet.
Are you this mod?

Maybe it is competing with other mods?

2 Likes

I use that mod for some extra content in my mod. My mod is “Fatocracy Demo 4 Take Two.zip” which I uploaded here about 6 days ago. I can send you a message with mod download if you can not find it. Download and install those files to get my mod to work. If you did install it, other mods might be causing issues. Try playing the game with only my mod installed and see if that works.

1 Like

I’ve gotten the main structure for the Reckless eating adult children event chain done. It’s pretty functions as I said it would in the idea post I made earlier. The only difference is that I couldn’t find any scripting conditions that related to the type of betrothal (matrilineal or not) character’s are in. It can trigger if you have an adult aged child that is betrothed to a character that they don’t particularly like (not having >= 15 positive opinion), are not a ruler, have one of the following traits: (stubborn, stressed, depressed, hedonist, gluttonous, wroth, uncouth, proud, envious, cruel, deceitful, decadent, or ambitious), and not having one of the the following traits: ( temperate, kind, patient, zealous, theologian). I haven’t quite decided if I want to make this chance based or a practically guaranteed event chain if the rather specific requirements are met. If the AI starts eating recklessly from this event, the standard reckless eating event will fire four times for them in the span of about 19 days (much, much faster than the normal rate, but this only happens one time right after the event chain is started). I also added a flag to them that will cause them to always choose the “eat” option during the main event for those extra four times they get it. If either their mother or father is their liege, the liege will get an event that allows them to try and intervene and try to make them stop eating recklessly, or just ignore the situation. If you try and intervene, there will be a few options to try and convince them based on the parent’s traits. One is the default option that will have no modifiers on chance, another is a gregarious trait/diplomatic skill check, another is basically just yell at them, and finally (for right now) is an option for fat characters using themselves as an example for what would happen if they continue eating like this. The child will react to these approaches based on their traits. A few examples, trusting characters will be more receptive to the diplomatic approach, craven characters will be more easily intimidated, but feedee fetishists will not be convinced by the fat example argument whatsoever. It should also be noted, the player is only ever going to see the event from the side of one of the parents, since the player will always be a ruler.

This alone isn’t a lot on the programming side of things, but I have been working on the mod a lot in different way. My practice with creating digital artwork is starting to pay off. I’m almost done with a picture that I think is passable (not fantastic, I am still new) enough to be put into the mod if I can’t get permission to use the Neko pictures I want to use. I’ll make a post directing people to my devianart account to take a look at it once I’m finished with it.

6 Likes

Speaking of my art, I’ve ran into a bit of a snag with the program I’m using, Krita. All of my useful brushes are either broken or not configured properly. I am running on a clean install of Krita on a windows PC, not a tablet. To be more specific, many of my brushes are supposed to start out really thick and then gradually get thinner as I move the mouse until it comes to a fine tip at the end. What I’m getting are completely round brushes that retain their thickness no matter how long the stroke is. To put it another way, I’m basically drawing my lines with the brush from MS Paint and a square eraser to create sharp lines. Does anyone know how I can fix this, or should I just abandon ship and find a different freeware art program?

I will be able to finish this drawing, but I’d rather not have to deal with this issue in the future if Krita is just being difficult.

Are you using a pen-tablet? Might be the driver that needs a restart/reinstall, or administrative access (always restart Krita after changing pen-tablet settings).You could also look into Configure Krita, then Tablet Settings, and then the Input pressure Global Curve should have a diagonal line split going from bottom left to top right.

1 Like

I’m not using a tablet, I’m doing this on a pc. I’ll try running as admin, and I suppose It’s possible my nvidia drivers could be out of date (if that would even be an issue). I’m not sure what setting I’d need to configure if that is the issue. I couldn’t find anything looking online either.

EDIT: Running as admin didn’t do anything.

If you however doesn’t have a tablet and you don’t want to buy it (although it’s much more convenient and even better for your health than drawing with a mouse, and now you can buy Huion for cheap unless you use Mac), make a special lineart pen for yourself. Click F5 and go to “Size” tab. Check “Use Pen Settings”, then check “Distance”, then uncheck Pressure. Make sure the curve at the left looks like a hill (0 at the beginning and 0 at the end, and max in the middle of the curve box). Make sure you have “Repeated” unchecked . Test it a bit and adjust "Max distance " to your liking. (You can have more than one brushes like this, to be able to make more than one length of the stroke… unfortunately in Krita “Distance” means distance from the beginning of the stroke and there is no “distance from the end” (technical reasons), so the workaround works only for this kind of strokes). You could also set Size based on Drawing Time (Time) or Speed. I think it will be harder to control, though.

Found this on their reddit, hopefully that helps! I’ve only been using a tablet with Krita, so I’m unfortunately not too much of a help with it comes to using your mouse for drawing.

3 Likes

That works! Thank you so much for your help :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Glad to hear!

Now, if you ever feel like you wanna upgrade to a tablet at some point, I would strongly consider this one. I’ve been using the previous version of this for 3+ years now, and it’s still working like a charm.

1 Like

Alright, here’s the link to my first finished drawing Laying Neko by failmuseum on DeviantArt. I know it’s got some problems with it, namely the foot in the foreground, the hand in the background and to lesser degree the head. Feel free to criticize it, the feedback would be appreciated to help improve my future drawings.

1 Like

Hey well done! This is not bad at all for someone who’s new to drawing. (And is using a mouse)

As for feedback? The best thing for you to do is to keep drawing (just a little bit every day is good)! As long as it doesn’t take too much time you should try to finish most of your drawings, and then take a look at them and ask yourself what you could improve on with the next one.

At some point you’ll run into certain parts that’ll prove more difficult than others (hands, faces, etc.), and then you can start to practice drawing just those things until they start to make more sense. Making use of various tutorials, tips and techniques is highly recommended, and keep looking at real human beings to try and understand what makes something look right, keep working on those fundamentals!

I could keep going, but I don’t want to hijack this thread too much, you can always drop me a message if you’re feeling confused about certain things, but until then I wish you luck!

5 Likes

For those using Luxuria Fantasia, do not play with the blood feud setting turned on for now if you want to see my integration content. The reason is that the blood feud traits are different from the normal ones, and this will cause my mod to not recognize any of the LF races. I will fix this in time, but for right now, just play with the blood feud setting off.

1 Like