Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I’ve noticed a bug in the mod. When my spouse wants to take me on a dinner date, it’s always the Queen asking me out, despite the fact that I’m the Queen and it’s the King asking me to dinner.

It’s only the text that has the issue, as the right people are affected properly.

3 Likes

I’m loving a lot of these ideas and I’m considering a lot of them, thanks everyone :slightly_smiling_face:.

Also I think i know what happened with that bug, I’ll get it fixed.

I also finished my second drawing. I can’t use this particular one, but I think I’ve improved a lot and I’d like some feed back on it. Particularly if people think I’m good enough to draw a few things for the mod myself or not yet. It’s an anonymous poll.

• Yes the quality is good enough
  • No the quality isn’t good enough

0 voters

3 Likes

My artist volunteer, TakoYasi, can’t make a weight gaming account, so they asked me to post this for them. I’ll put a “#” in front of every suggestion they had that I have planned, or a “##” if it’s something i’m considering. I’ll also use parentheses for making a comment. :

"Not a bug, but still:

Everybody around the world become extremely fat too fast, simply because AI chooses random diet and workout. AI should be basically forced to choose balanced and moderate by default, for gluttonous an option “balanced/light” should be blocked by default (same as you blocked “active workout” for slothful characters)

Suggestions:
Fertility MUST be nerfed, there is no way to play and not have 1 child per year if you have a spouse/lover, the best option is to add a special decision that can let you not become celibate, but get -1000% fertility until you reverse that. (I’m not going to touch the base fertility with this mod, and being able to easily come in and out of celibacy would make gavelkind succession really easy to exploit. Unless this is referring to the temporary obesity feeder event, in which case, yes I will be nerfing it.)

#In the core mode you are using there is an ability to build “kitsune shrine” that can trigger random exotic race Invitation, you can use its code to create “indulgence palace” unique building to trigger random fattening events for your fatocracy republic. (The indulgence palace gives me and idea for a unique great work. I also like the idea of creating normal buildings that will cause things like random weight gain events and additional tax income.)

#Add “feederism” society that gives you random missions to fatten somebody, or get fatter yourself. Upon joining you get an event chain where in the end you can choose to become feeder or feede.
As you get new ranks you unlock new abilities, like “spoil %character name%” etc.

##Merge “reckless eating” and “food addiction”, because they are basically the same and food addiction is super annoying, since it constantly pauses the game while basically giving you only one option. There is no point in that. (They do function pretty much the same, but I’m not sure how I’m going to merge the two together yet.)

#Add an ability to use potion on someone

##Buff a chance to become feeder/feede and make your partner feeder/feede if you are choosing extremely large feast. (I might need to make a unique decision for this, I’m not sure.)

#There is an incapable trait in game, if use its base to add “immobile” trait that is a final stage, it would be super awesome.

##“Habbits ifluence” event, where one of your courtiers becomes gluttonous because of your routine. (If I do this, I might make it for courtiers that like you a lot, family members, and spouses.)

#Add events about fatass/heavy bottom/heavy upper body/etc

If weight is less than 0 - add malnourished trait, this should force people to watch their diet." (The malnourished trait appears at -50 to mirror fat trait appearing at +50. This how the vanilla game works so I’m going to just keep things simple and keep it like that.)

They also gave me a list of bugs, some of which I couldn’t reproduce. If anyone else is having these issues, please tell me:

“Known bugs:
Fat Potion seller doesn’t appear sometimes. Like never until you change your character.
Metabolism slowing event triggers too rare.
Fat ass/heavy bottom/etc badges does not appear sometime
Character can be “obese” and only have a “soft body””

2 Likes

Personally I think you should go for it in regards to putting art in the game, best way to get better is to keep making it. :slight_smile:

Also

Everybody around the world become extremely fat too fast

You say this like it’s a bad thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

(In all seriousness yeah this is definitely something to correct on, half the fun is corrupting people to embrace the WG after all and that’s tough when everyone’s there anyway)

5 Likes

I feel like the quality is pretty solid, you just need a bit more refining and it’ll be ready for the mod. But I’m super hyped to see images added!

4 Likes

I have had some bugs with the potion seller, myself. One character had the hunting focus for years, and the potion shop just refused to show up.

Also, a number of the potions refused to work for me. I could get the bottom heavy female form to work, but no matter how many times I purchased one of the others, they would never show up in my inventory.

1 Like

Is there a way to change the button descriptions to be more applicable, like “Yes” “No” vs. Option1 and Option 2? It would make the mod in the game more inviting.

Yeah there will be more detailed descriptions once I get it localized.

I took a look at it, and I think you (and anyone else having this issue) just got extremely unlucky with the potion witch. The only requirements to get the event are to not have the flag (which you can only get after the event) and to have the hunting focus. The mean time to happen is 12 months, so it’s very likely that this is down to some bad luck.

The second bug I discovered shortly after posting the most recent demo. It’s fixed now, but not in the current demo.

2 Likes

Appreciate your hard work on this fantastic mod.

2 Likes

My artist volunteer just finished the picture for the smallest meal size for dinner dates. Here’s the link: Crusader Kings Stuffed event by TakoYasi on DeviantArt

9 Likes

That’s really good and should fit in with the existing art style in the game really well. :+1:
But it’s a vertical portrait, aren’t the pictures in popup message windows in a horizontal orientation?

1 Like

I addressed that when he showed me the picture during it’s sketch phase. So he gave me a version of the drawing that will fit my 450x440 pixel limit completely. It looks exactly like the one in the link, but the table is extended and there is more background. TakoYasi has been really nice to work with, along with the rest of my volunteers :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

I’m about halfway done with the force feeding/roleplay feeding branch now, I should be finished with it by the end of the night. I have a couple things to say and ask though.

Firstly, there is a sale right now for the CK2 dlcs on Steam. They are all 50% off, so if anyone is interested in getting the ones I listed for the mod, there you go. The “Sons of Abraham” DLC is completely free right now as well (lets you play as Jewish characters and makes Catholicism more interesting) .

Secondly, I’m looking for ideas for the smaller flavor events. Things like vanilla’s one off event where your character gets stuck in a doorway (I know it’s tied to the glutton trait and not fat, but it was the first thing I could think of).

4 Likes

Perhaps the first one that comes to mind is the “Horse Breaking” gluttony event. I will freely admit I hate that event, and it doesn’t sadden me that, as far as I know, it never procs in game anymore.

A similar variant does come to mind, however. We already have mention at one threshold of weight gain about the PC trying and failing to get on their horse. This would almost be an expansion on that.

Level one is a simple struggle to get on your horse unaided. Likely around soft body.

Level 2 would require a stepping stool or servant help.

Level 3 would see the Master of the Horse (or a random peasant if there isn’t one selected) tell their liege that it isn’t safe for a mount to bear a load greater then a quarter of its weight. If you have the money for it, you could purchase a particularly large beast (money paid to MoH, much to their happiness), though your character is now very aware of how large they’re getting, with applicable feelings based on traits.

Level 4 sees you too large for even your prize stallion, and any attempts to mount the animal see you land on your face, whether through the horse’s aggressive actions or your own physical incompetence. You must now purchase a new means of conveyance, perhaps a carriage or a palanquin.

At Level 5, the PC has gotten appropriately massive. In the case of the carriage, each successive tier of weight sees the need for further horses. Likewise, the palanquin requires more and more handholds and people to lift it and you.

The final tier would likely be something around Level 8 or 9. At this point, the PC would have a weight threshold value of 75-85, something like that, since I personally see them being rather palace-bound after 100. This is the point where their mass finally exceeds the maximum capabilities of their means of conveyance, and their gargantuan ass irreparably breaks it in an appropriately grandiose fashion.

Once their failed battle against gravity has ended and the jiggling has subsided, they take stock of the damage done. To their vehicle of choice, to their wardrobe, to the snack or meal they took on board, to the servants under them in the case of the palanquin. They then decide, with varying degrees of excitement depending on traits, perhaps it would be best if they stayed in the palace.

The event could also be a wake up call to those who want to remain physically capable, allowing them to take up a diet and exercise routine, with options for the PC to sabotage their attempts if they so choose. Likewise, a feedee would be thrilled, if still a little embarrassed, and gleefully have their servants help them into the palace for another course.

And it only occurs to me after I write all this, that this is definitely not the definition of small. Whoops. :stuck_out_tongue: I shall keep my future suggestions more in scope then this, lol.

6 Likes

Wigglesworth has finished writing the localizations for the physical activity events. However, he had some issues with it crashing once he added a larger event window for the last event. I couldn’t reproduce the crash, so I’d like to know if anyone else is having the same issue. Place his localization file into the localization folder of the mod, and the updated physical activity event file into the mod’s event folder. Once you’ve done that, type “event FATTENPHYSICALACTIVITY.6” into the console and see if it causes a game crash. Wigglesworth Localizations.zip (3.0 KB)

4 Likes

I can confirm that it works just fine for me.

1 Like

And like a moron, I found myself wondering why I couldn’t get any of the physical activity events to proc normally.

It only hit me after a long while that I probably needed to do more then minimal exercise the entire playthrough.

*le sigh

3 Likes

TakoYasi started drawing this for me after he read LeftHandManGary’s idea for the horse event, and said he’d color it if people liked it. I think it’s also really good, what does everyone else think?

7 Likes

That poor animal, lol.

1 Like