Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I’ve been working on this somewhat on and off. Tried making events that correspond with fat_for_flag as outcomes of further weight gain, It’s been unstable though. Editing the obese event was easy enough to bump of the variable needed to get it and changing the check from every 5 years to yearly was also quite simple.

2 Likes

Interesting. I do have a few private mini-mods I made eight months ago (possibly needing an update) mainly to allow me to mess around with some things (family bloodlines, malevolent meddlers and associated AI decisions) and they seemed to work. I did test more uh, expansive changes once when I had more time, but bumped into issues of my own. At some point you may need to start exploring the game’s csv and lua scripts (and/or make some of your own) to get events to work properly.

I’ve had plenty of ideas for how to add new events or mod existing ones, but having a better WG system in place for them to hook into is the main step needed for a good WG mod.

Can you please explain what this game is? I have no clue of what you do in it or the gameplay mechanics. It sorta sounds like a text adventure but I have no idea

Crusaders Kings 2 is an actual strategy game, pretty old now I think. It’s available on steam. They are talking about a mod for it.

CK2 is a game that takes place during the medieval period of Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, and/or India.

In the game you manage a realm through the POV of a single character. When you die you then play as youre character’s heir. If you have no heir it’s game over. You set your country’s laws, and declare wars, but you also have a ton of personal and inter personal things you can do. You can seduce people or have them assassinated. Expansion packs for the game allow you to play as vikings and go on raids and other stuff.

It wasn’t intended as such, but it’s the closest thing that exists to begin able to play Game of Thrones short of a super political DnD campaign.

It’s not strictly text based? There is a map which armies move around on, but most things other than warfare are handled by text events. There is no animated scene of you seducing your rival’s wife. You’ll have to use the provided text and your imagination.

Can you visually see your rivals wife?

Every character has a portrait, yes, but it’s not full body or anything.

Honestly, your best bet is to go to youtube and look up some video footage. It’s frequently streamed, and probably one of the more meme-tastic games out there.

I’d leave a link to the original ad from 2012, simply because it really encapsulates the game well, but I don’t actually know if that’s permitted by forum rules or not. I can say I’m a very big fan of the game. Probably my most played paradox title.

Should I buy an extension of holy fury?

If you want to buy it, do it. Holy Fury adds many new mechanics to religions, mostly those classified as Pagan. I would recommend getting The Old Gods or Monks & Mystics first. I feel those are more “essential”, but that is my opinion, do what you’d like.

If holy fury is not necessary and is higher than 3.0, can I gain weight gain?

Holy Fury I consider a must if you’re playing either a pagan or a Catholic, since it adds a lot.

Monks and Mystics primarily adds the societies and cults, which I personally am not a fan of.

Conclave drove me nuts when it dropped. I still have mods installed to eliminate its more troublesome components, but it has gotten better since it’s been patched, and I don’t have them active as much anymore.

Reaper’s Due is the disease dlc, and one of my personal favourites, along with The Old Gods, which initially added the pagans and Zoroastrians as playable factions.

If you’re grabbing it through steam, check the DLC pages. When I bought the game, they had a huge bundle with The Old Gods, so your best bet for something affordable would be to look for something like that. Also, whenever new DLC comes out, their old dlc goes on sale for dirt, dirt cheap, so it can be worthwhile to be patient.

I’m pretty sure the weight gain/loss content is strictly Holy Fury. Checking the event id’s on commands.gg shows all the event ids as HFP, Holy Fury (whatever the P stands for).

There’s a mountain of DLC in this game, and my simple recommendation is to at least have the required stuff to play as all available cultures and religions. Last thing you want is to lose a game because you didn’t notice your heir was Ibadi, and you don’t have Sword of Islam.

Edit: almost forgot. There’s a mod that I consider a must called “Bigger Interface.” Get it, it is very important. Basically ups the screen resolution to modern specs, as well as activating a ton of keyboard shortcuts. It is achievement compatible, as well.

I’m pretty sure the P in the HFP in the files means it is from the free update that came along with Holy Fury, and Weight Gain is in the base game. Many events from previous versions were altered so they change change your weight, so it kind off had to be Base Game for those things to still work.

1 Like

I bought HF but no obesity event happened. Do I need a text file from a previous post?
Is it OK to put it in the mod folder as it is?
DWF is also included, but if it is included, I feel that other events do not occur very much.

If the character has carousing focus or family focus they will definitely get fat eventually. Some traits like gluttonous also increase character weight.

2 Likes

It takes a few years before any weight gain events happen. The chance is increased if you have certain traits like: Gluttonous, Slothful, Hedonist, and so on. If you are feeling impatient you can always use the console and write in an event. The normal event for getting fat is HFP.20600. Also, if you are a woman, you can get fat when pregnant.

2 Likes

Yup, much to the bain of most women I’ve known

1 Like

The way it works is that every five years the game checks a whole load of conditions on every single character, and adds a certain amount of physique_variable to that character. There are many things that add, and many things that subtract. Being sick or disfigured will subtract (I don’t know why missing your leg apparently makes you lose weight). Being say, a non-tribal duke, king, or emperor will add. Having the Indulgent Wastrel education will add. Being a parent will add, and prosperity in your capital will add.

This game sure is something. Recently I’ve had my Irish king who was almost too fat to walk go on crusade against the orthodox Byzantines, and not die somehow. -60 PCS and a huge battle in Constantinople didn’t affect him.

1 Like

Do I enter commands with underscores from the console?

Sometimes. To force an event to happen you simply need to type “event HFP.20600”. That was just an example, you can find event names in the files. If you want to add a trait to your character you can type “add_trait is_fat”. Basically if the command or name is made up of two or more words, you use an underscore.

2 Likes