Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I came up with it on the spot and just kind of stuck with it :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

Fair Enough dude fair enough. Cant wait for all of the fun stuff to come to fruition.

1 Like

I got TightFit’s idea for the event where armor doesn’t fit characters when leading troops in the mod now. The order I’m tackling the ideas is that I’m doing all of one person’s ideas first and then moving on to the next person once I’m done. Looking at it, I still need to tinker it a bit, because characters can just get sort of screwed by it no matter what they do (screwed is a harsh word for it, but the player should still have some way to prepare for this).

The event, you would think would be simple, but I couldn’t help myself due to it being a simple sounding concept. If your character has at least 40 weight level (I’ll refer to this as the fat version of the event for brevity) or has at least 25 weight level and a female specific body shape or pregnancy (tentacle pregnancy from Tentacle Dreams as well, though now as I type this, I realize that I need to also do dragon pregnancy as well.) The events are mostly the same between each other but there is one option that is unique to each version. First though, the three events that are present in all of the events. First there is the simple “ignore” option, this one just gives the character an “Ill fitting armor” penalty for 60 days which gives a penalty of -10 combat skill and -1 martial skill. Then there is the option for lustful, hedonist or Nekos that gives you a 20% of getting the feedee fetish, but this will give you the ill fitting armor penalty for the full 90 days. The last option for all versions, is the feedee fetish option where they get aroused by the event giving +25% bonus to fertility for 90 days and the ill fitting armor penalty for 90 days.

Now for the unique options for each version of the event:
First, the fat version (which is also the only one male characters can get). The fat version allows the character a chance to slim down as much as they can to fit into the armor (-3 weight) and only having the ill fitting armor for 30 days.

Second is the Belly version (which is another thing I need to change, because I need to separate the fat female belly event from the pregnancy traits for more writing freedom). Kitsune’s get a unique option for this version if they don’t like being fat (and it needs to be fat, pregnancy doesn’t trigger the same response). They get upset that their huge belly is getting in the way of participating in the battle. They have a 20% chance of getting the depressed trait and get the Ill fitting armor penalty for 60 days. If the Kitsune qualifies for getting this event, the “ignore” option is removed. Once I get into doing stuff for Kitsune, this will be one of the first events to lead into a larger system I have in mind for them. It would be optional, since I wanted some part of the mod to have more teasing/shaming base covered. Kitsune were perfect for that since LF portrays them as dignified as opposed to their opposite race, Nekos, who are portrayed as lazy and hedonists. For those that would want to play the Kitsune without that angle, that is something I have planned.

Third, The breast event has an option for Demons, half Demons, and Fallen Angels. Nothing special, just a 40% chance of becoming lustful and 60 days of Ill fitting armor.

Fourth is actually 3 different versions of the event that go to Nekos, all with the same benefits. If the character has Thigh, Hips, or Butt as their specialized body type (if the character is bottom heavy, then one of them will be randomly picked). The Neko must be fertile, attracted to males or in heat and not be visibly pregnant in order for them to be able to get their option. The Neko will then decide to have some (a lot) of “fun” with the troops, resulting in pregnancy. Te Neko will also quit their job as a commander after doing this as well, but do know that if they are leading their own army they will continue leading the army. Following with the other Luxuria Fantasia mod, if the Neko has the breeder trait (which they get during heat) they will only be able to choose this option.

I will need to iron out a few things for this yet, due to pregnancy throwing a wrench into the whole system (won’t take much to correct though).

7 Likes

I’m trying to think of other ideas that might seem interesting…maybe artifacts? where they increase prestige gains based on weight levels, or special armors that increase Combat prowess based on weight level?

3 Likes

How did you Jurry Rig something for that bloodline? I’d love to fire that thing multiple times

How about make it so the player can chose to eat or feed their spouse/prisoners larger diets/meals than what the mod currently allows. They would get a special diet option that would make them gain at a higher rate than normal for every weight pulse. You could canonize it by saying they take their religion so seriously that they can push themselves to stuff their guts beyond what the average peasant is capable of. This could be considered overpowered and mess up the game balance, so maybe nerf it so you can select this diet for only one character at a time and only allow the player to chose it every 2 or 3 weight pulses.

3 Likes

I made the revisions to the event, I’ve made a version for pregnancy (normal, any tentacle, or dragon. It’s the same description no matter which one). It’s very simple, you only have 1 option (if anyone else has any ideas I’d like to hear them. Your character gets ill fitting armor for 120 days, and gains the stressed trait, because it’s really dumb to be leading troops in that condition.

I made it so characters with the diligent trait can’t get the event due to their aptitude for planning ahead (Although the pregnant event will still trigger). Since the weight requirement for the fat version of the event is the same with the tight clothing events, if you have the advanced wardrobe modifier, the chance of the event firing goes down by a significant amount. Characters that qualify for the female body modifier versions of the event will also have a lower chance of firing the event unless they are pregnant, or have a weight level of 40 or higher.

Fat hips are also now functional, and will give the woman a health buff when they are pregnant (lv1. +0.5 health → lv.5 +2.5 health. Temporary Obese hips give +3 health when pregnant).

1 Like

maybe an option to bring an entourage, like how shield maidens work

1 Like

Got some play testing in, and I was correct about the religions. They will spawn in on their own like any other heresy would if moral authority of the parent religion is low. For those with Charlemagne installed (because of the earliest start date), Bountism will likely see quite a decent spread, but due to Orthodox being a mess in the beginning of the game, Decadentism will have a little trouble getting started (I will probably give them a a little boost if this start date is chosen to fit the lore of the two heresies).

EDIT: I also found a bug where I would have both the pot belly modifier and another weight level modifier at the same time. I am almost positive this is from an oversight that occurs when losing a weight tier and then gaining it back, but I don’t know when exactly.

2 Likes

Hi, just wanted to say, loving the mod so far.

Next are a few bugs? or just weird things that happened in my game, for reference I was Neko, earliest start date, shattered world, and only had this mod, Luxuria, and tentacle dreams installed.

Couldn’t get potions right away because I started in a place without a potion seller bought, but was able to get the potion seller to work through a hunting event, that event gave me a bottom heavy potion that failed to work when used on my playable character, however, I was able to get it to work by going to the potion buy menu and getting another one.

The friend baking event chain can start as early as when both characters are 6 (my second character) and 5 (the friend). I don’t know if that broke it because not only was the description missing, the choices were not showing effects. Also, while I was not able to check weight of the character I was playing before the event (the pop up for the check weight would be blank) after a couple rounds of he baking event, I somehow had Weight level -1 at around 8 or 9.

Also tentacle feeding started at what I assume is level two? The option for the event is Tentacle_Feeding_2 or something like that, don’t know if that is just because I was already passed chubby when I started encountering said tentacles.

And I could not use the go on hunt, hold summer fair,or hold feast decisions, but it has been a long time since I have played CK2 so it might be something that got changed.

I hope this helps and I am not just bringing up things that just are not implemented yet, I really like this mod.

1 Like

I’m glad you are liking it :slightly_smiling_face:.

My potion system is separate from LF’s, so at the moment it requires either the use of a console command or taking the hunting focus to have access to at this time, but I will make it possible for just vanilla owners to get the potions.

When you say that the bottom heavy potion didn’t work, what do you mean exactly? The event might have just given you the flag and then waited until the event that handles the modifiers fired, I need to take a look at that.

The baking friend event is going to be completely rebuilt from scratch to account for how the baking XP system works, and because I figured out a significantly better way to make an event like that.

Tentacle feeding version 2 starts if your character has the tentacle brood mother trait (it’s the green and white one you get after getting the breeder trait). I’m probably going to rework those in the future as well.

Going on hunt I believe is based on how long you have the hunting focus, holding a feast requires you to be in the christian group (for whatever reason), and I believe the summer fair is the same.

It does help though, I’m glad you like the mod :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

The potion one might be because I went a little over 2 years without a weight change? (weird because I was both on hearty diet and not exercising.)

The tentacle one makes sense because I got rapid fired by the events once I hit the second tier of indoctrination.

Thanks for letting me know about the decisions.

1 Like

yep, you found a fairly large bug that also affects the female body part event handlers. I set it to only trigger for every other weight tier. This is an issue because if the character loses weight, they will maintain the body part modifier that is too large for their current size.

EDIT: I now have both the lingering tier modifier bug and the bug I mentioned above fixed.

Here’s an idea: What if there were a way to execute traitors by feeding them way too much?

1 Like

Thats in the game, its called fatten imprisoned. Though it carries a cruelty modifier, and costs gold. Unsure on the Tyrant modifier.

I was thinking more along the lines of stuffing them until they, well, it’s too messy to describe…

I’m not really sure if I want to add anything death related to the process of gaining/stuffing beyond a simple health debuff or a more standard death method (Like my future event where you have a violent inmate try to teach you to cook and then you get stabbed because you had the bright idea of giving a lunatic a knife). This could be done fairly easily though if anyone would want to make an addon for the mod. Thanks for the suggestion though, and if anyone wants to make the addon, I could help with any questions about how to go about making it :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I have mostly finished my learning to bake from a friend flavor event now. I will do the last of Tightfit’s suggestions once I get the Court Chef minor title/system in place. If your character has learning of 5, the gluttonous trait, the socializer trait, or the gregarious trait and an adult friend that can’t bake, you can learn to bake via trial and error. About every 6 months, you will have a chance to raise your xp with your friend with no cost other than time. There is a 30% chance every turn for the baker to gain 1 XP in baking (If you want to learn how to bake quickly, this method should only be used to supplement your studies). The friend also has a 50% chance every turn to gain +1 weight level. 10% of the time, the baker will make an excellent batch that will guarantee the friend to gain +1 weight and have a 20% chance of getting the gluttonous trait. This will continue until either the friend chooses to stop, someone dies an unrelated death, or the baker has 10 XP in the baking skill. If the friend was under 35 weight level when starting the event chain, gains weight 10 times from the baking attempts, and is NOW at least 35 weight, they will get an event where they realize how fat this has made them, and this event provides an opportunity to gain the feedee fetish trait. The baker will also have a chance to gain the fat fetish if they are sexually attracted to the friend’s sex.

5 Likes

I think an event in which a character leading troops or in a duel starts getting out of breath or having other negative weight effects would be nice. But considering that you’re already implementing the horse and armour events, I imagine you already planned to implement some.

3 Likes

Just because I have a love for the focuses and would love some more content around them, here are some even suggestions.

Seduce focus giving you an option to spend a small amount of gold to send the target chocolates or other dessert in order to court them. With a bonus to the seduction if the target is a hedonist/glutton/feedee.

Intrigue allowing to fatten and humiliate a rival to decrease their standing, or something similar like sabotaging their clothes to be flimsy or weaken chair legs.

Hunting with events that involve the after parts of feasting on the prey from the hunt, or hunting particularly delicious animals in order to eat them.

War focus could have events to raid food stockpiles or go out reveling with troops to increase moral.

Carousing could have a few more events dedicated to large feasts or an gamble involving an eating or drinking competition.

Family is a hard one, but having an event of having everyone around for a large meal both as an opinion mod and a +1 weight to all dynasty members would be cool. Maybe have more bonuses for nekos there.

Theology could be ignored but it would be good to cross pollinate this with the religion ideas for the mod. Grand feasts to prove faith in exchange for gold, or competitions to make the best offering of food. Those kind of things. Maybe have the player learn of a forgotten religious celebration that call for special breads or pies to be made and someone has to teach (and eat the failed prototypes) the priests to make the food.

Scholar could find old recipes or make cook books that improve weight levels and increase learning. Maybe open a cooking school instead of an observatory.

Business is would probably be something like investing in a small bakery and having it do very well giving the character access to free samples and profit.

I honestly can’t think of much for the last one, besides maybe reorganizing food trade routes or maximizing the estates food budget.

A bit long and basic but I just wanted to put some ideas out there, keep up the good work.

6 Likes