Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I’m going to do another poll real quick, this time I’m curious about which of the mod’s more primitive systems should be reworked, if any. To be more specific, I would like to know which of these systems have the highest desire for being polished up or reworked in the future (kind of like what I did for the prisoner force feeding). If you have any ideas for improving any of them, I’d like to hear it (even if isn’t the one you voted for).

• Clothing system
  • Food addiction
  • Reckless eating
  • Weighing yourself
  • None, they are fine as they are.

0 voters

1 Like

Speak of the devil, Bountism just cropped up after I asked the question! Very interesting. I have to ask about one of the society effects though, it seems the tier 3 ability ‘Prepare Ground’ is not working. It says I should be able to right click a county shield and spread the religion but that option does not appear. Just a heads up.

1 Like

I just checked why that would happen, the prepare ground decision is looking for specific religions and since mine are custom, they won’t work until I edit that decision or make a copy of it.

1 Like

Out of Curiosity did I do this correctly?

character_event = { id = FATTENSTUFFINGFAT.15 }
	set_variable = { which = stuffing_weight_gain_variable value = 0 }
	ai_chance = {
		factor = 100
	}
1 Like

Yes that is correct, you’ve got it.

Hey a little PSA for those not following the dev diaries for ck3

For those of us focusing on coding, Dev Diary 30 went into how some of the coding is going to change, and it’s looking pretty good, and much easier to use and sort through without being a massive departure from what we’re using now.

And if you’re not as interested in coding stuff, the last diary focused on stress and confirmed comfort eating as a coping mechanism for high stress. Very promising. :wink:

4 Likes

At this rate I’m wondering if I’ll even have to do anything for CK3, they are just going to make the mod for me.

3 Likes

Hello all. I have been working on localisations for myself, and I figured I would share what I have.

I completed localisations for all the Baking, Clothing (although it seems like that may change), Cooking, and Dinner Date Events, as well as the Diet Notifications. For the events that use the BiggerEventWindow format, I took advantage of the initial (that A on the top left corner) and made titles for those events.

I also changed how Diet Notifications would work so that they show information on the full lifestyles of characters. So if two characters have Hearty Diets, but one is doing Minimal Physical Activity and the other is doing Maximum Active Activity, they will have different notifications that convey that information.

Additionally, I provided localisations for random modifiers that were often visible for me, decisions and their descriptions, as well as descriptions for the Fatocratic religions, which I tried to keep within the lore established by @failmuseum:

The Decadentism heresy rejects gluttony as a sin, emphasizing Christ’s multiple meals with His tight-knit group of followers, culminating in the Last Supper, and the transformation of water into wine at the Marriage at Cana. Decadentists believe that the ruling class, like the exclusive group of the Twelve Apostles, should engage with one another in as many meals as possible, until they have their Last Supper and join Christ in Heaven.

The Bountism heresy follows Decadentism’s interpretation of gluttony, but rejects its restriction of massive meals to the ruling class. Bountists argue that Christ wanted all people to benefit from feasts, as He demonstrated by eating with sinners and feeding multitudes of people with the multiplication of fish and bread. Total nourishment, according to Bountists, will bring about peace on Earth and therefore the Kingdom of God.

Finally, I changed some aspects of the decisions so that characters cannot go on or receive offers for Dinner Dates while in seclusion, but that can be reverted by removing the relevant modifier checks in the Fatocracy_Decisions file.

Feel free to make any changes to the localisations as needed!

Update (22 June): Fixed some errors, added Fatocracy_Events localisation.
Fatocracy_Demo7.2_seigneurseiglenoir_loc&tweaks_updated1.zip (43.2 KB)

6 Likes

I’ve got some most likely bad news. I think my computer is broken. I don’t know what happened, there were no warning signs but today it started doing really weird shit when I switched it on (things like the mouse going to only the corners of the monitor, the keyboard only working if both it and the mouse were plugged into specific ports, the keyboard on this last attempt switch some of the key functions though that may or may not have been my fault, not shutting down without using the button). My monitor (it was tv) also broke, half of the buttons don’t do anything and it was incapable of using the HDMI cables (I had to use a different TV to see what was wrong the computer). So my updates will have to be about ideas for a while, until I either fix my machine (if it’s actually broken, and not the result of something stupid I did), get a new one, or I get that laptop I used during my vacation lent to me for a while.

The good-ish news is that I didn’t lose much work. The only things I’ve lost is the temporary obesity tweaks I made since I updated the demo.

So, if anyone wants to help create flavor events or help localize the text while I am unable to work myself, I would be very, very grateful. I don’t want this project to fade into obscurity, it’s gotten so far it’d break my heart if that happened. Honestly, at this point not working on the mod will be the thing I will be missing the most for the foreseeable future.

To give an estimate as to how long I’ll be out, it could range from later today at minimum, to a few months at maximum, depending on what is going on with the PC. I’m going to be thowing every scrap of cash I can towards getting back up and running again. I’m not going to just vanish though, I intend to give regular updates here while I wait. Maybe I’ll localize a some things from my phone if someone wouldn’t mind coordinating with me to do so. I suppose now would be as good a time as any to start asking for art permissions as well.

For those curious as to what those changes to temporary obesity were, I had finally used those three variables I had forever; Hedonism, Boredom, and how long you’ve been in this state.
Hedonism rises when you eat more than necessary during the turn. The variable will give you traits and a modifier depending on how hight variable is. The “rewards” are at 25 variable you gain the gluttonous trait, 50 you get the hedonist trait, 75 you become a feedee if you didn’t have a fetish, and 100 gives you a food addiction. The draw back is that you will stay in the temporary obese state for longer (which considering the health bonus for eat extra may or may not be worth it).

Boredom increases when you don’t eat extra, you get more boredom from skipping meals in exchange for getting out of the state quicker. At 25 boredom you get stressed trait if you don’t have the patient trait (then you get it at 50), 75 boredom makes you get the depressed trait (if you are patient it’s 100 instead). I also reduced the health debuff (but not the positive health buff from eating extra) from skipping meals and the temporary obese trait itself to compensate for the stressed and depressed debuffs.

Finally is time, this is purely based on how long you been temporarily obese. Each turn raises the variable by one. At 5 turns you can’t move your arms anymore and you lose 50 prestige unless you are a Neko (the heresies so far don’t recognize temporary obesity as legitimate weight gain since it happens regardless of your diet). at 10 turns the bed breaks from underneath your weight, non Nekos lose 75 prestige and you gain the content trait due to how long you’ve been like this. 15 turns you are starting to get to big for the room and have to be move somewhere with more space, non Nekos lose 100 prestige. At 20 turns you a now too big for even the barn you were kept in, Non Nekos lose 200 prestige and become slothful.

@seigneurseiglenoir sorry I didn’t get to see your stuff before my computer dropped dead.

7 Likes

Here’s an idea I had for another Hersey while I’m out of commission. I had said previously that I was considering an heresy that was extremely opposed to weight gain, but would feed others as a way to humiliate them. I think it’s going to be the Sunni’s heresy due to how the game is set up for them to be the most repressented Islamic religion in the game, and the mechanics I want them to have work best with one of the three very powerful religions (the others being Catholic or Orthodox/Germanic, depending on the start date).

Main features for them would be minor titles that are functionally the same as kitsune’s glutton shame titles. They would earn piety from force feeding prisoners. They would have to deal with shame events if they or their immediate family has gluttonous traits. Baking is not appreciated, but cooking is fine. A special CB that can be used against non fat approving religions to fatten them up. Upon victory will give them piety, prestige, and the character who declared the war the temperate trait. The losing side will also: every adult courtier and vassal will gain a lot weight (like 20-30), every courtier adult has a high chance of getting the gluttonous trait, the vassals that are not courtiers have a low chance of becoming gluttonous and will have negative opinion buff of their liege for losing this war.

2 Likes

oh i am especially fond of this one. and it sucks to hear that about the pc but don’t worry about the mod “fading into obscurity”, i’m pretty sure everyone here is down for the long haul haha

2 Likes

Thanks for saying that :slightly_smiling_face:.

I can still work on it to some degree if someone who knows how to localize the game messages me with event options and descriptions with their respective context (I comment on every event now), I could message them back with the localizations so they can paste them into a localization file, and upload it here.

So while I can’t program, I can do many of the localizations that I’ve yet to get around to. If anyone is interested in helping me with this task, feel free to message me about it, I’d appreciate it a lot.

2 Likes

wg-relevant events.docx (13.3 KB)
Here’s something I was working on compiling a while ago- a list of the events and event files from CK2 expansions with content relevant to the mod. Since the dev focus is on vanilla content, IDK if anything will happen with this, but if anyone wants to look into it, I can probably provide a few pointers.

8 Likes

(the bullet point comments are ideas for how each event can be added to without significant effort; for instance, the great tribal festival eating contests just needs some extra modifiers and an adjusted localisation for it to fit with the mod)

5 Likes

I have gotten some help with putting my localizations into the game, @Allom and @seigneurseiglenoir have kindly volunteered to assist me. I have so far, made the fat fetish direct interactions menu localizations. The ones I’m trying to tackle are the fetish interactions and the feedee stuffing paths right now. That should keep me busy while I wait for the PC to be fixed or replaced.

3 Likes

Alright I think I’ve got an idea for how to improve some of the things I put in the poll.

First the clothing system could be improved by using variables to handle the clothing instead of a modifier. These variables would be used tracking the amount of clothes you own of a particular size. So the sizes would be large (pot belly, pudgy, and chubby), xl (flabby, fatty, rotund), xxl (Butterball and lardy), and xxxl (blob and beyond). Will probably need to make small and average sized too. The next question would how to get said clothing, I think we can lift from the potion shop and make a tailor for purchasing the clothing. If that’s not appealing, I’d also want to make a tailoring skill so you can make clothing yourself at a cheaper cost (materials), as well as the ability to mend them during some events where they tear. The cost make clothing will be either fur (tribal and nomadic) or cloth (anything else). You get cloth from buying it from the tailor, and fur from the future hunting skill, or the tribal equivalent of the tailor. Maintaining a functioning wardrobe will take some maintenance. When the weight pulse fires, at least 1 clothing (from your current weight bracket) will be removed from wear and tear. More than one piece of clothing will usually be lost (tailors have a lower chance of losing additional clothing). If you don’t have any clothing that fits your weight bracket, you will use clothing from the weight brackets above and below you (you will lose more clothing from the weight pulse and be at risk of negative events associated with ill fitting clothing). Also, you will get the ability to sell your clothing, for a pittance, to the tailor or give them away to your children for their use. There could also be nudity events for characters that have no clothing at all.

Food addiction really just needs an option to hide the event popup, change how it is obtained (look at my hedonism rewards from temporary obesity for an example), change the weight gained from the events, more flavor events, and make it curable.

As for weighing yourself and reckless eating, I’m not quite sure what to do besides making the localizations for them. If anyone has an idea, especially for weighing yourself, I’d really like to hear it.

3 Likes

hmm, these all sound pretty fun. clothing rework sounds like it might be a bit of a grind to implement though? i don’t think i have any ideas on reckless eating or weighing, unless u wanted to make the weighing system more descriptive? not sure if that’s what u meant by localising it or not. i’ll edit this if i get any other ideas though

1 Like

Yeah it’ll be a real pain, but if I can get it working, it will be worth it. I’ll probably have to also make some AI only events for the new system to more or less hold their hand to keep them from blowing everything/spending nothing on clothes.

1 Like

maybe giving the AI some logic based events to make money could be good? like eating contests that give rewards that can be given to players and AI alike, a way to give them money while also being in line for it, hell just make it an event like how we got jousting tournament for West European cultures where we can sponsor an eating contest and pay out rewards now that I think about it

2 Likes

So I don’t know if that’s possible, but why not instead of weighing 50 arbitrary weigh units, convert that into pounds/kilos/whatever measuring system you want to use?

I don’t know if that is too much of a problem in CK 2 to add for example, a multiplier into a localization.

1 Like