Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

and it just regenerates over time on it’s own?

1 Like

Yep, just over time. It takes quite a while too, which why for my magic system I decided to add a spell that speeds up the process at a price, that way if the player really wants to do a certain spell, they can if they are willing to sacrifice something. My magic system is completely separate from LF’s though, and using my meditation spell won’t have any effect on that mod’s mana system.

1 Like

Yeah i noticed that, thank god for that.

1 Like

Something that might potentially be helpful are plots or other mechanics to incite a fetish of a specific type in other people, so that you can get your spouse to be a feedee so you can fatten them easier, en vice versa, etc.

2 Likes

Just a request: It would be nice for those of us that don’t have the various DLCs to be able to access the bulk of the mod’s content.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, that is my intention. Almost everything will be available to people who just own the base game in 1.0, and the vast majority of the content will be accessible to base game only players in future versions as well :slightly_smiling_face:.

The Kitsunes come from the Luxuria Fantasia mod, which only requires the base game.

2 Likes

Maybe it would makes more sense to have the court cook tied to a minor title, like physician or what ever else. Or maybe tie events like that to the position but be able to recruit them as well

1 Like

The cook job is a minor title, any character with the cook trait or the master chef trait are able to be made court cook, the hiring option is there for characters that don’t have one or don’t want to give the title to a particular character. I also be having some flavor events for characters with the title, on top of the interactions the liege can use the cooks with.

1 Like

I worked out the general outline for an event line with the court cook. It’s an event line where you host a feast in a courtier’s honor. The event will be triggered by targeting the character you want to hold the feast for, but you need to have a court cook to do this (They can’t be the target). They first will need to accept, which will be very easy for the majority of NPC’s. After, you will need to choose the amount you wish to spend on the food. The more you spend, the higher opinion of you they will have of you afterwards, they will also get more prestige as well. All courtiers will have a choice to attend or not (there is no penalty for deciding not to attend, but attending will give a tiny opinion bonus with the liege).

This will be a way to use potions on people, by spiking the meal of the target. How you do this will be either using your diplomacy skill to convince the cook to use this “ingredient”, using your intrigue skill to spike the food without the cook’s knowledge, or to use your close relationship with the court cook (friend or lover) to help you with the plan. I would make it so the plan could fail, based on either the cook’s learning or stewardship attribute (haven’t decided). If the plan fails, the potion could go to anyone attending the feast (including the intended target or the person attempting to use the potion. It could also go uneaten if a courtier that didn’t attend was chosen as the random target). Certain potions will be more likely to cause suspicion then others (namely the weight distribution potions if the target is female and already is in range for one of the body part modifiers), and when that happens, the host will lose prestige and get a general opinion debuff for a few years. However, characters that have a way with words or are deceitful will be able to use the cook as the scapegoat, immediately imprisoning them, rivaling them, and giving them all of the debuffs that the host would normally get.

The potion spiking can be disabled if you turn off all fantasy elements or non consensual content.

3 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with the mod, are you not supposed to be able to recklessly eat anymore if you are married, i’ve noticed when I start in the Iron age that I can no longer recklessly eat decision if I am married, my spouse needs to be informed of the decision and the option must pop up for me, is that supposed to happen?

1 Like

I feel like, as well as being able to spike random people in your court with potions via the cook, you should also have the option to feed your lover/spouse a potion without trickery, just as an option when talking to them, since you can also just drink them yourself.

1 Like

I’ve been playing a bit recently but I am not running into some of the more special events or heresies. Any guide on how to trigger those?

1 Like

@jcjonesacp76 Yeah that’s correct, I changed it so that if you want to eat recklessly on demand, you must run it by your spouse first, regardless of their thoughts, you can choose to eat recklessly. This was done because asking for permission was generally a worse option than using normal decision. I very well might change how this works in the future.

@storymaker I will also be making it possible to give some of the potions directly to others. Most potion effects will require the character to be convincing though (breast distribution potion will be a lot easier to convince someone than a temporary obesity potion for example).

@Wigglesworth having the cynical trait when you are in the weight range for the holy man event will give you an option to convert to Bountism or Decadentism if you are Catholic, Orthodox, or any of their heresies. I’m not sure which other events you are talking about though. Which in particular were you looking for?

I got the game and the mods. Now what do I do to install the mods?

In the WinRar archive, you should have two things : a file (Fatocracy) and a .MOD, also Fatocracy. You need to go to Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings 2/mod ; extract the Winrar Archive there.
Then, next time you launch CK2, you should find the mod in the Mod tab on the launcher, do not forget to activate it by ticking the box next to the name before launching the game.

2 Likes

Notably weird thing, possibly a bug, is that you can get locked out of being able to use shape potions at all even if you have some at some point. I don’t know what causes it, but I do know I’ve only ever noticed it after a stint under the effects of the obesity potion.

1 Like

Were you still temporarily obese when you tried to use the shape potion again, or were you still in that state?

In different campaigns I’ve tried both while still under the effects and after it faded with similar results. The option to use a weight focus potion just doesn’t show up.

1 Like

The character is female right? They only work on women. Are you able to use the potions sometimes on other campaigns, or are you completely unable to use them at all?

EDIT: you are right it’s a bug, I found the issue. I simply forgot to clear a flag that prevented temporarily obese characters from taking weight distribution potions. I’ll include the bug fix in a little bit, there is a couple other small bugs I know about that I want to fix before making another patch.

3 Likes

Here is the link to the mod now including several bug fixes, as well as the ability to hire court cooks via decision. I fixed the female fat distribution potions not working sometimes after exiting the temporary obesity state, the adult child event where they reckless eat if they are betrothed to a person they don’t like, as well as the issue where some dinner date events didn’t show up occasionally.

I also made the getting lazy event tied to the physical activity system instead of just weight level. If you choose “minimal activity” too often (3 times in a row at minimum) you have a chance of triggering the event. The higher the variable that’s used to track it, the higher the chance of triggering the event. There are benefits of being lazy though, if you have the slothful trait there is a chance you can lose stressed and depressed traits if the event fires. You can lower the variable if you pick the the more intense activity modifiers or if you risk getting the stressed trait with one of the event’s options (though you can’t choose this option if you are already stressed or slothful).

Another thing I added was after exiting temporary obesity, female characters that don’t have a weight distribution category, will have their fat be distributed to their belly. I want to have some minor lasting effects for temporary obesity, and this will the be first (or second if you count the residual weight gain/loss).

EDIT: I found an issue with the weight gain calculation for feedee initiated stuffing, I forgot to clear the variable that tracks how much food is eaten. Since this is a very minor issue, I’m going to hold off updating the mod for a third time until I either have more content or I find and fix more bugs/issues. For those that don’t mind, enjoy the exaggerated weight gain for now, and for those that hate how fast it is, here is how to fix it if you want to remove the issue now:
1.Go into the mod directory
2.In the Fatocracy folder go into the event subfolder
3.Open the file “Fatocracy_Feedee_Stuffing.txt” in your text editor of choice
4.ctrl + F and find the event “FATTENSTUFFINGFEEDEE.11”
5. scroll all down until you see (make sure it is for this event):

ai_chance = {
	        	factor = 100
	       }
  1. paste this line directly above the ai chance bracket:

set_variable = { which = stuffing_weight_gain_variable value = 0 }

If you didn’t do this correctly, this can easily be fixed by deleting the fatocracy mod in documents folder, and reinstalling it.

7 Likes