Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I could use many of those decisions, this is very helpful. Suggestion number 5 gave me an idea. Instead of limiting the ability to portion out meals to just whenever the character has the fat trait, I could make it so that characters can choose from a selection of diets with a decision. I’m thinking something like; “light”, “balanced”, “hearty”. Balanced would have no benefits or drawbacks. Hearty would give a health benefit (probably +0.5) with a penalty of adding +1 weight every time the pulse event fires and perhaps a tiny church opinion penalty. Light would probably come with a penalty to martial (-1) instead of health, weight would change by -1 every two years and a small boost to church opinion and perhaps some piety to equal the benefits of hearty.

Suggestion number 2 is actually already in the game, however the AI will almost always listen to whatever you suggest, I only had them disagree with me once in all my time playing. I could look into making them more likely to refuse based on traits, or I might just gut the event entirely and replace it with something I wrote myself.

Suggestion 3 is already in my mod to an extant, however it only ever happens in one event currently and it’s more just outgrowing rather than bursting. I will absolutely consider making it a dynamic thing that has a chance of happening.

Suggestion 6 is also kind of in the mod, however it is so simple that I was going to eventually make it more interesting than just -50 gold.

I might upload a scrappy version of what i’ve got (without the art) just to give an idea of what I’ve got.

5 Likes

That would be wonderful, it sounds like you’ve got the majority of the mod already sorted.

Even if it isn’t finished, the code itself would be interesting to look at and would allow me to see what I can help with or contribute to. There’s a bunch of ideas I didn’t share earlier because they were more long-term (and more likely beyond my skill level/pay grade), like weight & bodytype genetics based on Improved Genetics.

2 Likes

Here’s what I got. Many of the events have a custom event window from the modders resource “Bigger Events” by ngppgn on loverslab, he gives permission to fully integrate his resource, so there is no need to download anything other than the file below. These event windows allow me to use pictures that are 450 x 440, as opposed to vanilla’s 450 x 140. There are no custom pictures in this upload, so every event will either use the feast, fancy feast, or the default image if the game can’t find the image the event is supposed to use.

I also don’t have a lot of it localized, so it is going to show things like “Dinner_Date_Offer_option1”

To see everything, I’d recommend giving yourself the gluttonous and hedonist traits, and have a spouse/lover/consort for dinner date (also you can’t be a tribal or nomad to do this, the AI would always bankrupt themselves when I let them), and a close friend for the baking event (will likely take a while. also this one has a major flaw I need to correct, if either character ends up dead the event chain won’t end.)

UPDATE: there is a bug with the weight pulse, it only starts after the first five years, but then it will work every 2 years after. I’m working on correcting this right now.

Fatocracy Scrappy Build.zip (462.7 KB)

6 Likes

I never mentioned some of the more immediate things I have in mind in my first post. Most of these refer to the fetish traits in some way.

1. The fetish traits will be hidden from the world, but they will be able to be revealed to love interests.
  2. fetishes will be developed from certain events. Unlike the majority of the other events I’m making, most of these will be opt in, but a handful of triggers will be random.
  3. when revealing a fetish, the character will have an option to ask their partner to indulge in it.
  4. characters learning their partner has the fat fetish, but they don’t have the feedee fetish, will be able choose to meet the request half way by not deliberately gaining weight, but will eat more recklessly (50% chance every time the pulse kicks in to gain weight). This can be one of the ways to develop the feedee fetish.
  5. County prosperity (dlc feature) will have a few events tied to it. an example would be; a county at max prosperity (level 3) would have an event describing a more plump populace because of the abundance of food. You would have a handful of options such as, developing a fat fetish at the sight, publicly denouncing the populace for their gluttony (giving you the zealous trait and slightly increasing local revolt rate for a year), taking advantage of the prosperity (adds well fed modifier for a year but gaining weight and risk getting the glutton trait), or just ignoring it.
  6. One of the suggestions above, number 3 from LeftHandManGary, I will make a handful of events related to clothing either not fitting or bursting. How I will do this is make it so that when you reach a threshold, you will be presented with the option to set up a deal with local tailors to produce more clothing for you in advance at the cost of your tax income (this will only be available as an option to landed characters), ask your spouse to make the same deal with tailors (the spouse must be landed to do this, and they have the option to refuse), or do nothing and replace the clothes later as needed. Doing the deal would give the character and the spouse that is paying modifiers (one to show that you are paying for new clothes, and the other for the tax cost). Having the replacement clothing would greatly reduce the chance of wardrobe malfunctions, but not make them impossible.

That’s a few of the ideas I have right now.

5 Likes

I’ve been trying out the mod, but I haven’t been able to get any of the events or decisions to fire. I had assumed inviting someone out on a dinner date was something you’d initiate by right clicking on their portrait, as if you were inviting them to carousing. Never saw any of the incremental levels either, or the option to weigh myself.

Not 100% sure I installed the mod right, as I typically use the ones in the steam workshop. What I did was create a folder, extract the zip file into it, then moved the zip file and MOD file to the mod file under ck2.

Edit: I appear to have gotten it to work, I believe.

Did you install it in the install directory or the documents folder? You will want to extract the mod in:

“Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod”

make sure you activate it first as well since it won’t be activated by default. If you are using the Dark World Fantasy Far East module, you might have remove a specific file in its folder, It won’t break anything. The file is “DWF_Races_Neko_decisions”, and it is located in: “Crusader Kings II\DWFantasy Modules\Races\FarEast\decisions”. The CK2 folder is again in the documents folder, not the install directory.

If you missed the update, the pulse effect is slightly bugged in the download, the pulse will fire after the first 5 years, and then every two afterwards. I have fixed this now, but the file you downloaded will still have the issue. The Dinner Date events are triggered by right clicking on the spouses portrait.

2 Likes

Managed to get it working, and very impressed with what there is so far. I can only imagine how much better it’ll be once more descriptions are added instead of placeholder text.

3 Likes

This barebones build was worth every part of the two-and-a-half hours I spent re-installing, re-modding, and playing CK2 last night.

All it really needs to be fully playable is description text on buttons, and then I’d say it’s ready for Alpha.

2 Likes

I think my main suggestion at this point is to segregate the improving of the weight and size system versus new events and plot-lines connected to it. I think there’s room for bigger improvements in the system, including providing a larger gap between normal and underweight states so characters can’t bounce between under and overweight as rapidly. It might not be the ‘point’ of a WG-centric mod but gameplay and rp-wise it’s handy to have. Apart from events to test how well the system feels and works, I think that the underlying mechanics have to be the main focus right now.

Writing big events too soon might bake-in mistakes or lead to time spend re-writing to fit changes.

The belly description system is interesting but also feels male-centric. It’s also be nice/useful to have similar prompts for a spouse’s weight changes as that might also be a focus for players; seeing people fattened around them rather than being the fatty-in-chief. If body part descriptions are going to be the main indicator of incremental WG, then things like hips, thighs, boobs and chins all spring to mind.

The dinner date events seem to go haywire if a spouse dies, possibly due to flags not being cleaned-up and there’s a few other missing checks to keep things realistic/balanced but this is clearly early stage so that’s expected.

I’ll try and make an outline of every event/decision in the game that already has some element of relevant content that this mod could interact with in about a week when I’m less crushed IRL.

5 Likes

Thank you for the criticism. I’ll make changes to the underweight side of the scale to make more equal to the overweight side. I tried to make the descriptions to be as gender neutral as possible right now, and then make it more specific later. The modifiers for incremental weight gain were supposed to be more general rather than specific. The modifiers (with the exception of “Pot belly”) don’t have “belly” in their names, they only have it in the coding because I was just trying to keep organized (to clarify, localized would look like this: “Chubby” and what looks like in the code is “Chubby_Belly_Modifier” unless I screwed up somewhere). This isn’t to say I won’t make other modifiers for specific body parts, thanks for the ideas on which parts to do specifically (I would have probably just stuck breast, butt, and belly otherwise). I absolutely will have more events from the perspective of the spouse, but I’m going to work on the player perspective first. I’ll take a look at the dinner date scenario and see whats wrong, is the normal version of the event with the player as the instigator, the one where the player would be the receiver, or is it the pester line of events? I am trying to edit as little as possible from the vanilla game so this mod will play nice with others that would try and edit the same file, I’d appreciate you looking through them but I’m not sure how much I touch those files. Again, thank you for the criticism it’s been helpful :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

so, I got the free game from steam, for some reason everything related to mods is inaccessible, the mod folder itself doesn’t exist, I was pretty confused since it’s the first time playing this game, and putting mods in it. I did the “if you don’t have create the folder” trick but it’s still locked . What do I have to do to enable mods in the game?

On the launcher, there is a panel for dlc and a panel for mods. Mods installed manually need to be activated first, just find my mod and tick the box and the mod should work. If that isn’t the problem, make sure you have installed the mod (just extract the files) here:
“Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod”
I don’t recall having to do anything special to enable mods. You might have to run the game first then quit to get the mod folder to appear.

3 Likes

I can certainly second @cheddar’s comments, given the first thing I named my dynasty was “Wide Hips” in Irish Gaelic…

1 Like

I spent the day by laying the groundwork for characters having more specialized forms of weight gain (I’m working on females first since there’s a lot more I can do with them). Right now I’ve got modifiers for breast focused, belly focused, thigh focused, hip focused and butt focused weight gain (and a rarer possibility to be bottom heavy, which will give thighs, hips and butt modifiers). These are not genetic, they are randomly selected silently so the player won’t know which one you have (if any). This is because playing with genetics is a bit above what I can do at the moment, so this might change in the future. I also added the “replacement clothing” system, although I changed how it works a little bit compared to how I outlined it in one of my previous posts. No events tied to it as of now though.

edit: completely forgot to lay out the effects of the modifiers outside of being eventually called on for events. Some of these I had to stretch a bit on (thighs in particular), so i’m open to ideas as to how to improve them. There are five levels of each modifier.

Breasts = sex appeal opinion, Butt = fertility, belly = small health buff, thighs = diplomacy buff,
Hips = nothing on its own, but it will trigger a fairly substantial health buff during pregnancies.

5 Likes

With regards to boobs and butts, would it be possible to save yourself some work by utilizing a pre-existing mod, like ABM over on LL?

1 Like

I think it’s doable to make a compatibility mod for a bodypart system based on Improved Genetics Advanced, which, incidentally, adds a genetic component to weight gain (basically).

1 Like

I (crudely) modified some vanilla game images for myself but you might want to use them for this mod, even if just as placeholders for whatever pics you plan on adding later.
matriarchy_throne_roomBIG
waking_up_cold_sweat_soaBIG
Pregnant_womanBIGGER
Sick_character_recoveringPREG
homage_hfPREG

I also made a new version of the is_fat trait icon for using to make an is_obese trait (or something similar). There’s an obese trait in the Expanded Traits mod (also in Another Traits Mod II)
but I don’t like the icon they used for it.
is_obese
If you want to use these in the game make sure to save them as .dds files (may require exporting to edting. I’ve done this for myself but the forum won’t let me upload them in that format.

Feel free to do whatever you like with these (not even just for this mod, literally anything at all), no credit necessary. If I improve them at some point I’ll re-upload.

2 Likes

Yeah I could absolutely find a use for these, thank you.

I have considered working with ABM in the future. Its more likely than not that I’ll integrate that mod, as well as the DWF breast module. I’m going to work on the modifier version first though because I would like my mod to not require any other mods to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like