Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

Thank you for your comment. Like I mentioned before, religious and cultural content is planned for 1.6. Currently my priority is to add some general content and stuff to do that doesn’t rely on religion and culture, although of course I have a lot of things in my mind for this area too.

Balancing the impact of being fat on your general gameplay is a tricky thing, right now it’s mostly negative modifiers and gold sinks (like they are partially supposed to be), but I have some content planned for the very next update 1.4.1 that will actually give you some small benefits for your high weight (but you will have to earn them first).

1 Like

I smothered my first wife! Do I feel bad…nope, rather proud of it actually.

1 Like

Sorry, I really love teasers…

8 Likes

Always excited to see updates and teasers for this mod. Really looking forward to the next version!

1 Like

Oh god yes. I have no idea what has spurred your current dedication to the mod but I am not complaining at all.

3 Likes

Royal court came out, with the update looming a lot of mods were in hiatus until the expansion came out so they could see what would work and what wouldn’t.

1 Like
  1. The main one - I bought a new PC which greatly increased my productivity, no longer having to wait a minute until the game boots up (or even tweaking the mod while the game is on)
  2. Like jcjonesacp76 said, Royal Court came out and inspired me to do some content relating to it.
  3. The war that my country has started will likely lead to its collapse in a few months, so I’m having fun while it lasts. After that - bye-bye.
9 Likes

I got the bed breaking even even though both my spouse and I were only 150ish pounds each. Maybe the game is thinking that we’re both together 300ish kgs together and not pounds?

4 Likes

You are absolutely correct, good spot. The minimum requirement is 200 kg, but I was adding their visual numbers instead of that. Will be fixed in 1.4.1.

2 Likes

I cam in with a bug report and didn’t even take the time to say more. For shame.

I played a bunch of the mod last night an enjoyed it. I was mostly playing with debug mode on as a power fantasy and to just see how everything looks.

I really enjoyed it. I have made a couple attempts at weight systems for both ck2 and 3 but they were always very underwhelming. and buggy. The new suggested body model mod is nice, though variations in the gain would be nice. But that’s not your content.

The point of importance is that I like how the weight gain is handled. One of the things I really like about the system as a whole is that not everyone in the world gets huge! That was always a problem with my attempts. Whoever ended up with the fatty traits ended up spiraling towards big. And that doesn’t seem to happen. At least, not in the 100 or so years i played. I like that getting bigger requires real effort. I also really like the weight being included with their portraits. Not having to go into a menu to do that is very nice.

I like the inclusion of the appetite congenital traits. I thing one of the things that can give the mod staying power is traits and content like that - stuff that has to be accumulated over a whole play-through (or through cheats if you just want the power fantasy haha)

I like the flavor events that exist currently. The sweets. The eating more during pregnancy. The feast events of eating more. Very fun.

I’m excited to see more of the mod.

I did have another… maybe bug? or maybe balancing thing? I’m not sure without playing more.

But i fell like there is a different between the feasts when you’re not a king (and so have no court with food options) and when you unlock your court. When messing around it felt like the court food quality renamed feasts had less fattening events. Maybe it’s just because they make other vanilla events more likely (and leave less room for wg events) or maybe it’s worth seeing if some of the events aren’t firing correctly?

Again, i really like the mod and am excited for more.

4 Likes

Hey, another bug found. In the “Thief found” event, the pronouns seem to be written only for females.
I’ve attached a picture of the bug, because a picture is worth than a thousand words (spoilered it for ones, who didn’t experience the event yet)

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, it was very insightful and nice to hear.

I actually found a way to increase the sizes of Mange’s non-vanilla bodies, so from now-on I will be using them and they will probably become a requirement once again, because I got tired of the vanilla fatties with flat butts. Potentially this could lead to some minor variations in body shapes, like some people gaining more in the breast or butt area, or having flatter butts but fatter everything else and so on.

The point of importance is that I like how the weight gain is handled. One of the things I really like about the system as a whole is that not everyone in the world gets huge! That was always a problem with my attempts. Whoever ended up with the fatty traits ended up spiraling towards big . And that doesn’t seem to happen. At least, not in the 100 or so years i played. I like that getting bigger requires real effort. I also really like the weight being included with their portraits. Not having to go into a menu to do that is very nice.

Yeah, I deliberately tried to make it harder to gain weight because it real life very few people do get that big. Unfortunately, now I think it’s on the contrary very rare to see really fat people unless you are the person in question. I couldn’t achieve the requirements of the decisions I posted above, for example, even though I tried hard. It’s still possible if you focus on getting the appetite traits and maybe jailing your entire family and force feeding them, but in my playthrough I got the 3 vanilla good physical traits (and strong blood) and only now concentrating on the increased appetite traits, when my dynasty already has hundreds of members. In future I plan to add more stuff that lets you stay in shape or become very fat despite your genetic inclinations, although they should still be important of course.

I like the inclusion of the appetite congenital traits. I thing one of the things that can give the mod staying power is traits and content like that - stuff that has to be accumulated over a whole play-through (or through cheats if you just want the power fantasy haha)

I also feel like adding stuff that you can achieve through gameplay means that provide some interesting benefits is a great way to motivate the player. That’s why I added 2 new decisions (posted above) and plan 2 more for 1.4.1 (one will also give a house modifier, another will give you an artifact or maybe even a choice between 2 artifacts).

Oh, actually I didn’t add any new feast events, they are vanilla ones. It was very surprising for me to see them in the game. Someone in PDX is definitely a fat fetishist. They need some rebalancing, because some of them make people 600 lbs overnight.

Yeah, that’s right, I made a mistake in that event. I believe I accidentally put the pronouns of the pantry master rather than the thief (is your master of the pantry female?). Also there will be new options for that event in 1.4.1.

Also, just in case anyone hoped for a quick release, unfortunately I have to address some real-life stuff (even had to delete the game because I spent too much time modding it, don’t worry, this time I backed it up so nothing’s lost). And the version itself has a much bigger scope than I originally envisioned, it’s probably going to end up being bigger than 1.4.0.

2 Likes

Wanted to ask, will this option be available only for females? Or also with male and/or non a gender specifically?

If you look to the right, you can see the decision “Dynasty of fat men”. It works the same, but the requirements are a little bit higher. So if you prefer only one gender to be fat, you can take only that decision, or you could take both.

Regarding the gendering issue that was brought up with the thief found event. I noticed there was also a problem with the “Sweet’s merchant” event, where if my spouse is a blob (which she currently is), and I acquiesce in buying her sweets the event will always end with her being regarded as “husband”.
I currently don’t have a picture of the event right now since it has been a while since a sweet merchant has rocked up in my court.

That’s a new one to me, but I have never had a character become a blob in my game. Will look into that.

1 Like

I saw something about being able to force feed prisoners, has that been added yet, and if so, how do you do it? (asking for a friend I swear)

6 Likes

Omg I love the idea of forcibly pampering captives with luxury. They would be so confused lol. “This is my cell? But it’s a royal suite! And why do they keep feeding me luxurious foods?”

2 Likes

Glad you’re hyped about that. It’s not present in the last uploaded version, but I have already implemented that and it will be in 1.4.1. There will be a choice between 2 artifacts as a reward for being a great force feeder (that I have yet to implement).

1 Like

I tortured 30 prisoners just to see if it was in the game, alas it was not