Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

I was having an issue with Mange’s weight sliders not working at all when I loaded full screen barbershop after CBO. Playing with Mange’s sliders added for waist, hip, nipple etc have been fun. Toying with retweaking Fertile into 3 level trait that makes hips a bit wider. Thought about doing stuff with twins chances but that seems to be just defined as a constant.

Has this mod been updated for Iberia?

I understand this completely. Unfortunately having a dependency in software unless that dependency is a stable one can lead to being blocked because that one stopped working or changed or it works.

Keep in mind if you want help in anything related to the project, making it open in a GitHub/GitLab and publishing the changes there as they are being worked can help.

This mod hasn’t been updated since 1.5. The game right now is in 1.6.1 I think which is when FOI was released

1 Like

if my understanding is complete, this mod is currently out due to the only model creator currently active for CK3 had to completely change things up due to FOI changing the models completely… again, and due to them wanting a quick update the framework needed to mod anything with those models is broken, which they are in the progress of fixing

1 Like

Okay.

So when months ago your mod came out, the royal court update happened and that body mod you are using was not updated for a while, so back then, really wanting to play it with the new dlc, I went and updated it myself, while also remaking fat models in the process, as well as changing idle animations to prevent clipping for blobs and changing some clothes.

If the bodies mod is super outdated, I am not 100% sure that I can update it for the latest version of the game.

What I can 100% do though, is make a separate models mod for you. It won’t have tons of different shapes and everything, but it will have good looking fat models with custom animations and SOME (because I don’t have time to fix every single clothing piece) clothes not clipping.

Once back from my vocation, I could do it for you if you update the mod for the latest version of the game.

10 Likes

Hi, that would be cool, but actually if I remember correctly I managed to sort things out with CBO and it worked fine, although still had some issues. The problem with this approach is that every time a new patch comes out you have to fix all the new clothes + maybe even adjust old ones because Paradox keep on changing things. It seems like a lot of work while Mange eventually always fixes his mod, so I would say he’s pretty reliable, even though his mod doesn’t work immediately when a new patch drops.
Honestly, I am a little bit busy currently and lost a little bit of inspiration to develop the mod further, so I can’t finish all the features that I wanted to. But the mod was playable as far as I remember, so I could find some time soon to test it out and if it works fine, I will release it as is.

3 Likes

The mod works, but it does seem to interfere with body sizes. As with this mod enabled, the body proportions, most notably breasts, were significantly smaller than with the mod disabled

I personally love the idea of a Crusader Kings game with WG events and elements to it. Honestly i’m surprised there isn’t a huge one already. I’d love to contribute to this mod if you’ll have me, and am very interested in your design direction for the mod. Hopefully you still have some fire for it too.

I have experience modding Paradox games in the Clauswitz engine, and actually have made or contributed to some very popular mods for Stellaris. While I have experience 3D modeling for Stellaris, i’m afraid I have none for CK3 at the moment. I can of course write events and the like, which I think would add a lot to the mod in its current state.

Hit me up if you’re interested, I think the mod has a lot of potential for development at the current time even despite 3D model issues. Hell honestly I think running around 3D modeling issues is what caused your burnout; its what made me leave Setllaris modding too.

13 Likes

honestly I am waiting more for a FoI compatibility patch to be released over any sort of content expansion, as I cant remember this mod working since FoI

The mod ~seems~ to be working under the current version of CBO, but as CBO becomes increasingly tethered to carnalitas and the like, I don’t see it being a long-term solution.

I’ve been on this forum for years and can safely say this mod has been my favorite wg project of all time since I’m a huge CK3 fan. Really hope to see this mod continue, would donate/pay for patreon in a heartbeat.

1 Like

The mod works fine with Faiths of Iberia - i’m using it with that right now actually. Make sure you have everything the mod requires and loaded in the right order.

I’m not sure how this mod conflicts so difficultly with CBO, since it seems like there is very little in the way of actual gfx code within the current public release - and it seems to do its job. I’d love to butt heads over documentation and design however. Perhaps we can try to reign in the beast. Or in my case, actually understand it.

Right now i’m just writing events in the first person for female rulers, since I feel like the mod could use a lot more development in that area. Its also what I know how to write. I’m taking a lot of inspiration from events in the CK2 fatocracy mod (is it just me or is most of that not localized?), but am more than happy to hear any suggestions from others in the forum or of similar works to give a read. Counterpart writers and ideas are much appreciated.

My personal direction so far is creating events for ‘buckets’ of weight groups, namely:
[normal, chubby], [overweight, obese], [morbidly obese, super obese], [blob, ?]
and writing specific events for them. Ideally this would allow for more accurate customization of said events along with increased flexibility in the creative sphere. After all, the daily routines of a slightly overweight ruler are much different from that of a bed-bound blob.

I’m also hoping to make use of CK3’s new systems within the mod to an extent. Anything from cultures or religious tenets to unique WG flavored artifacts - whether they help a character gain weight, deal with the consequences, or both at once. Pope Maria the holy lardass demands a crusade for the fertile plains of the nile. And a bigger jewel encrusted feeding tube.

After a solid foundation of these two i’d probably move towards world interactivity. How other characters react to your own’s actions and vice versa. These usually require a good bit of stickier code but will hopefully add more integration of the mods occurrences within the ecosystem of CK3’s world. These would be interpersonal, court, realm, and national level interactions. These are also subject to the above bucket system, as well as any promising items cooked up before this stage.

This is already quite a lot of ambition alone so I won’t design any more before pushing some solid product, but I am very open to suggestions or assistance. DM me if you’re interested in either and a deeper conversation or collaboration on the matter.

6 Likes

If anyone does try to use it with CBO, you will probably need to use the CBO Vanilla files for compatibility. That worked the last time I used it.

1 Like

The visualization is bugged between the two mods, I think. All women gain weight almost exclusively in their bellies, with their behinds comically flat for how wide they get. In the past I’ve modified the mod to try making gains more varied, but I’m pretty certain the base mod wasn’t ever this one-note with its body types. I’d love to find a way to have the visual variety from CBO alongside the traits & events from WGaC. Using CBO’s vanilla stuff might fix it to an extent, but then you’d be working with vanilla variety.

1 Like

CBO uses a different set of sliders from the vanilla body, with values tied-in with other mods, per its required mods. The solution is a compatibility patch, but it is complicated by the sheer level of integration that’s been pushed between it and carnalitas (hence the missing values for breast and butt size unless you use the CBO Vanilla submod). You’d have to patch both mods, or have a submod to replace missing components.

Given how the mod already requires CBO, it may not be a bad investment to rewrite the gfx and gene codes for the mod to talk with CBO. The submod option you positioned earlier seems like a good solution as well.

This is all coming from someone who knows nothing about how CBO or carnalitas works however, so I imagine doing so has its own challenges. You would also have to contend with any changes those authors make to their mod - but ideally the basic infrastructure would remain identical and compatible with systems created for this mod.

While the rewrite would be a significant undertaking, it sounds like the mod author had something going when he last posted. Hope he returns soon.

1 Like

Oh dang - CBO’s body visualization doesn’t work out of the box without other mods filling it in? That’s new. I remember there used to be gene/visualization code in CBO that added butt size genes/sliders - guess they’ve taken that out and merged with another mod? I’ll take a look and see what I missed. Thanks for the heads up.

After some testing, I’ve figured some things out.

CBO now depends on Carnalitas for body part visualization - without Carnalitas the new sliders body types, etc don’t work. WGaC breaks the new Carnalitas visualization. WGaC assumes the old CBO-native way of handling body parts. The old CBO visualization code is no longer there, so WGaC’s body part visualization doesn’t work.

A quick fix that seems to work is getting rid of the gene files and weight-based gfx code from WGaC (I just added .bak to the files so they’re still there just not doing anything)

Specifically the files I’m referring to are:
gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/wgac_weight_override.txt
common/genes/butt size gene_modified.txt
common/genes/z_genes_modified.txt
from the weight gain and consequences folder.

All sliders and body fat distribution options in character creation seem to work after slapping .bak’s on these files. This isn’t a super elegant way of fixing visualization, and it might break some things on WGaC’s end, but hopefully not too much. Will update after further testing.

2 Likes

Sounds about right based on what I’d read on mod documentation. Next step IMO should be reaching out to the mod creator about our situation and see if there’s something we can do to prevent another loss of compatibility.