Crushing Force - A fat fur fighting game

Lady Oink has been released!!! Try out this super power porcine! As well as fixes and updates to previous characters.

4 Likes

Well since I’ve updated all the files recently with Lady Oinks Release I can mention a few
things changed since the last time.

Svetlana had a few of her normals slowed down since she hits so freaking hard. Also, when Svetlana is charging she can become unstoppable and yeah that’s rough to deal with. So now when you are airborne Svetlana has her clipping turned off. So just making an attempt to be in the air is good enough to not get run over.

GL had a rework where her defense scales with how much bread she has. And we removed the need for bread to teleport. So you can escape pressure more easily. GL may still be a problem since her sustain is really good but I left her in the game as is since I think most will be able to defeat her since her defense goes down when she doesn’t have bread.

3 Likes

I am not able to run this on play on mac

it just displays a black screen

I’m sorry but its a PC game. Maybe there are emulators you can use to get it to run.

The issue is with how MUGEN displays it’s visuals in CrushingForce/Data/mugen.cfg, you scroll down to the video category, which by default is set to OpenGL, you want to set it to System, then maybe the game will work, you might need to use Boot Camp to make a windows partition on you computer (if you have enough storage space)

Here is an image of the Video Setting of the mugen.cfg file, I did manage to get this to work (sometimes) when I primarily used an apple computer. (it was a while ago though)

1 Like

GL is a set-up zoner, so I do think it’s fair to give her a way to get out of pressure, especially since she’s such a big target. Also, I love how her size changes through out the fight, getting smaller as she loses bread and getting MASSIVE after her Lv3 Super is done.

2 Likes

Are there taunts for the characters by pressing the start button and if not, will there be ones or will the button serve a differnent purpsose such as a game gimmick or character specific gimmick?

1 Like

Some characters have taunts that deal damage, like Bertha or Katrina. …but they’re not practical.

2 Likes

It would be a quality of life improvement if we didn’t have to lower the volume by pressing the button 100 actual times since it only goes down by 1 unit. Also the BGM option doesn’t work at all, if you put it on mute it will play normally same with when put to 0 or lower volume.

just wanted to know if there’s an option to turn off the farts, or atleast get rid of the green clouds. other than that i am SUPREMELY interested in this project!

I can’t select my character. I I tried the space bar and I tried the Enter key, but neither of them works. Which key does it?

you select your character by pressing any of the attack buttons. depending on which button you press you get a different color pallet of your character

1 Like

can you send me the game pls

1 Like

The link is the in the first post.

1 Like

There is a link in every video that I’ve posted.

1 Like

Additional character added.

7 Likes

Dang, did Rapid always have an airdodge? Honestly, coupled with his quick, safe moves, he’s starting to feel like an unwinnable match-up for a lot of the characters. I pit him against a few characters in another Best of 7s AI Match, and I noticed while Julian CAN still win against him because Taste The Rainbow still works on his arial antics, Bertha and Jumbo both struggle greatly against him. Because of Rapid’s arial dodges, characters with anti-air grapples no longer have that to use against him.

1 Like

have been playing this for the last couple of days. was fun to return to this after 3-ish years especially since I have way more experience with fighting games now (been playing guilty gear +r for the vast majority of my game time). coming from +r it was a nice change of pace to not have to deal with super strict combos.

most of the cast seem pretty well balanced, there were only 2 that felt need some work. there were a few minor things that feels a bit off, but if they stay the same I wouldn’t really have an issue with it.

I played as trinity vs all the cast at level 8 until I felt like I understood how to beat them. though I never played vs an actual person, so how mixups and such works I have no idea since the cpu have 1 frame reflexes.

also a side note: I for some reason never remembered that his backdash butt stomp move existed so I never used it while doing this :​P
didn’t really feel like I needed it though

(all characters I don’t mention I feel are fine as is)

-universals-
you can’t do “manual” superjump while moving forwards/backwards, not a super big deal since there is the macro for it but I prefer to do it manually

not sure if it is a bug or intentional but while running some characters can attack while others can’t (not talking about dash attacks), it feels random which can and can’t.
it also effects the superjump so if your character can’t attack while running you can’t superjump either, not being able to superjump from a run feels bad. I also think it feels bad to not be able to attack out of a run. I kindoff felt like I’m playing potemkin or justice exept instead of them not being able to run I just don’t want to because it is so restrictive. I realized if I just stop holding forwards I can instantly attack from the run, so if it was a deliberate choice then you can just get around it pretty easily

there doesn’t seem to be any additional throw invincibility frames after block/hit-stun.
so everyone can jump in with a heavy, land cancel the recovery and just grab you afterwards which feels a bit cheap. it might be something that is easy to read when playing vs an actual human but I don’t know.

when you play 2 large characters you can do a round start grab. feels a bit dumb

it would be nice if there was some sort of “manual” with the game to explain how universal stuff works like throws/throw teching, push blocking and air teching. I’m still very unsure what button to press so I just mash all of them. I also wished there was a cheat sheet that says A=LK X= LP etc. would make setting up controls easier to do

-aroma-
it was when playing against her that I noticed that I noticed the no throw invincibility frames on block/hit stun. she has block pressure into grab that seems to be like 3 frames after you leave blockstun (might even be less if you are optimal). I never had any other of the cast do anything like it
grab

her overhead jump attack thing feels a bit much with it’s speed, amount of range and active frames. at close range I can’t react to it and at long range I just think that there is no way it can reach me but it can. it seems pretty weak to mashing so it might be fine, just that I didn’t figure it out

when she walk into someone that is standing still she jitters alot for some reason

-enorma-
not sure why she has ammo. she reloads so fast and carries so much that it basically never mattered when I played. even when I played as trinity and the AI got messed up and just kept unloading into his maw I still couldn’t play around it. every time she had shot all of the grenades, rockets and revolver shots she still has a fully loaded shotgun left for when I tried to close in

-jumba-
it feels like she has everything. a teleport, armored moves and run, good speed, good damage, command grabs and a health bar. usually you only get like 3 of those, 4 at most. wouldn’t be surprised if she is top tier

-ra-
the effects and his normal attacks makes him feel like he is from a different game, just a bit strange but nothing that actually matters.
also his sound effects are way louder than everyone else’s

-GL-
one of the two character I feel need to be changed in some way

she is a zoner that can teleport for free (it says it cost 1 fp but doesn’t, and even if it did it feels like a very cheap price to pay)

her lvl3 super homes, is really fast (if someone whiffs like any move you can punish from anywhere on the screen on reaction), is invincible on startup (I’m pretty sure at least), heals and fills her FP to max.

her food heals and gives meter. she gets to eat twice on every knockdown. it feels like a move for a character like Q (streetfighter 3), so they can put some pressure from a distance even though they have no projectile and is pretty sluggish

her wall tanks most things and most characters can’t get over it. it is pretty easy and safe to save it from being destroyed since the butt attack is decently fast, has armor and if you hit it you get a projectile out of it.

she has an armored reversal

the ice spell lets her eat twice if it hits (both versions), the hail variant lets her eat once on block, the freeze lets her eat trice if it hits an airborne opponent

all of this makes it super easy for her to stall out the time and have a lot of hp and meter.
after the first time I fought her in arcade mode I just thought “if I played this character I would win for free”. when I tried her out after just figuring out how to eat, level 3 super and throw ice projectiles I got like 3x as far in the arcade mode.
if the AI just played the stalling game I think it would be way harder to beat her

if she just didn’t heal so much I think she would be fine but still pretty frustrating to fight

-setlana-
the second character I have feel needs a change

the running grab is not fun to play against, it has super armor, has a similar startup to a different super armored move and her run also has super armor and looks the same as the grab run, and the first frame of the grab looks similar to the duck.

all this make it feel like extremely hard to know what she is doing and react to it appropriately. the only option when her running animation is playing is to jump but she also has a super anti air grab so she running is just a 50-50 if she has 1000 meter. I don’t think the breaking animation is long enough where you can respond, mashing a button during the super flash isn’t fast enough, I found, and even if you had a button pressed it doesn’t guarantee that you hit her first

I feel like the only thing I can do reliably is throw out jumping attacks since they are the only ones that have good reach and cancel when landing so I can block if she armored the move

-noah-
the butt drop summon attack is a bit bugged where the shadow doesn’t line up with where she will land (unless you are standing still), it almost feels safer to stand in the shadow than outside it :​P
it is also hard to see it when I have my own massive shadow and on the darker stages I can’t really see it at all.

feels a bit strange that trinity can’t eat the drop summon considering twiggis drop summon can be (I feel texas earns it more since it targets her instead of the enemy).

also the butt summon having 3 different speeds makes it less fun to play against. if I could just assume that it would be the slowest I could try to just rush him but since I can’t assume that then can’t really rush him (also the no superjumps when dashing really sucks in this matchup)

the backdash arrows feel really good, like you get a faster backdash that also fires a projectile. so why ever do the normal backdash?

-montana-
her I frames on the balloon move could be a bit more clear

-trinity-
he has a pretty stupid damage combo on an airthrow (knee->bites->launcher repeat). on jumbo you do about 33% damage or about 40% if you spend 1 bar of meter, the combo itself generates 800 meter. any grounded combo that goes into bites->launcher lets you air throw and resets the combo (and damage scaling), letting you do more than 50% unless they tech the throw
I haven’t played other characters much so I can’t say for certain if that is unusual or not

I find his getup attack extremely hard to do (I’ve managed it like 4 times total). it would be nice if you could just hold the button to get it out (like you can with the level 3 super follow up)

also I don’t think you ever let the player know that his taunt gives him meter. I only figured it out since the ai used it and I assumed it only would use it if it did something.

again was really great to come back to this game, just a shame I don’t have anyone to play with

for the non windows users:
for anyone wanting to play this on linux/mac you can find a ikemen build of the game on kazecats FA. though you will have to download a version of ikemen from github because only the windows version comes with the FA download.
if you just copy over all files it crashes because the font “msgothic.ttc” is missing. to fix it on linux you can put it in .local/share/fonts/. not sure where to put it on a mac tho but if you put it where mac stores fonts then it should probably work, ikemen seem to know where the OS saves fonts

ikemen also has online play, it is delayed based but they are working on rollback from my understanding. thought I would mention it in case any of you live close to someone to play with

4 Likes

What is your opinion on Rapid and Bertha?

1 Like