Culinary Combat (CozyLad's Submission)

Huh, I guess I tried every key except that one.

2 Likes

Huh, its like Undertale, with a bit of Food Wars thrown in for good measure XD
If this is a demo, there’s going to be a full game, right?
Either way, its so fun!

2 Likes

This is such a cool little idea for a fight system, or whatever it might become! I’m looking forward to more, from you, as with the last Game Jam!

1 Like

The art is really cute and the gameplay concept is neat, but this is WAY too hard. Can’t even get to 50% on Emilia. The alternating ‘two Xs and an ingredient’ sequences are almost impossible to hit anything on, and trying just sets you up to get hit when it makes you go back and forth four times in a row.

the feedback on the balancing has varied a whole lot, so i think i’ll just try and get a difficulty selection done by the end of today. i think that’s a pretty reasonable compromise.

2 Likes

Just tried out the game, and I really like what I saw so far. One thing that I would like to have in the future is more mechanics to the “combat” aspect. Maybe more reaction or skill-based mini-games that interchange with each round of “combat”? Or more options to choose from in addition to just “cook” and “items”.

As for the difficulty, I honestly haven’t found it to be that hard, but seeing as I do like playing more than a few games that rely on reflexes, I’m kinda biased on that. But yeah, for some folks that want a more casual experience, it might be good to slow the whole thing down with a difficulty selection.

In any case, I eagerly await for more of this and more “opponents” to go against. Keep it up!

I’d love to see more of this. Maybe more characters, or better yet, more stages with the same characters.

1 Like

This game was amazing (I played this way easier, but I was dumb and it took me forever to make an account). I was slightly surprised by the mechanics, but caught on quickly. I love how unique, yet simple it is. I felt slight shame for getting a game over in the second level, especially because I didn’t use any wine, because I thought “there’s no way I’ll get hit twice, right?” (Spoiler: I did). I felt a little less bad when I completed it and found out she was sort of the “final boss” of this demo. I really enjoyed this and I’m surprised you could make such a fun game in two weeks. Oh, and I love how creative you were with the theme.

1 Like

Sounds like my time to shine! XD
I just so happen to have experience with BOTH of those!(The former more than the latter) XD

1 Like

HOLY FUDGE! Priscilla! is! CUUUUUTE!
Just beat the first “fight”. I hope I’ll be able to cook for her again!

OH GOD THAT BELLY RUB!

…Ah, so it’s a demo, just those 2 fights, man did it get dicey with Emilia near the end there. XD
Heh, I do hope you’ll work on this more after the competition, you’ve got a real gem here!

(Kinda wish there was a save system, mostly just so I can keep cooking for priscilla repeatedly. XD)

Officially creating a top 5 fat games, and this is in there! If we could vote on these games, you’d have mine! :star_struck::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::grin::green_heart:

1 Like

Previous reply made me think about it and now I have to ask, how old is Priscilla supposed to be?

Kitsune years, or Human years?

priscilla is 23, emilia is 27.

there’s a new difficulty selection screen at the beginning of the game as well.

1 Like

I’m not going to lie, out of everything I’ve tried from this game jam so far this is definitely the most polished work.

It was so well-done that I forgot I was playing a simple prototype and honestly thought I was playing a full game. Amazing job. Would be a real shame to not see this go anywhere because the promise is definitely there.

3 Likes

This is great. But I think the cut range is too short.

Quick tip for everyone. This may be something that everybody else noticed, and I might be the only exeption, but the cuts happen on the dashed line. I was having so much trouble with timing, before realizing that.

You know… the art style… Priscilla especially… it looks, familiar… Hey, @sometimescozy have you done art for some other game(aside from the game you submitted for the last gamejam), or have you done art and posted on a site like deviantART or pixiv?

Even the belly rub scene… I… feel like I’ve seen this art style somewhere… but where?:thinking:

I’m going to come out and say this.
This is going to win the entire gamejam. I regret downloading this and not offering money as a tip. I’m going to do it right now, actually.

Gameplay made me feel that silly charm of undertale of all things. Music is really good and it really nails the mood of a cheery battle theme song.

The art is as wonderful as last year’s christmas jam, in fact, it’s looking even better!

This project is more than a gamejam. It definitely has the makings of a full blown indie game! Well done!

1 Like

these game jam games i’ve made are my first two ever! if you just mean my art, then yes, i have both a dA and a twitter, you can find 'em here and here if you want to follow me for my bi-annual art posts.

wow! i can’t even really express how thankful i am for that! i never really though that a silly prototype that i made for fun would elicit a response like that, but geez, man thank you so much!

hm… sorry I won’t buy to play it saving money