Culinary Combat (CozyLad's Submission)

the demo is completely free to play, just click the button that says “no thanks, just take me to the downloads.”

oh ok thank you very much

I’d totally give money too! this is amazing!

…Too bad I’m dead broke… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i really do appreciate the sentiment, but for you and everybody reading this, i really just want to clarify that you have no obligation to donate, at all.

i do very much appreciate the donations that i’ve gotten, and i initially never would’ve expected anyone to feel strongly enough about the game to do that, but i really do not want anyone to feel pressured into doing so.

I’m sure many would like to donate like me but right now I’m broke

1 Like

As impressive of a quick-throw game it is, I’m a sucker for insane difficulty and challenge.
it’s a pity that Hard-Boiled mode meant nothing more than a light snack to me, but still. I give props for innovative mechanics and constructive story.

oh, on a side note, Some of the Priscilla dialogue has an L replaced with an I. I can tell why this mistake would even happen, but still. Got to point it out.

funny story, believe it or not, replacing the l’s with the uppercase I was intentional. priscilla only opens her mouth to talk when the “name” section of each dialogue line says “Priscilla.”

of course, there are points in the game when she has a line where i didn’t want her to open her mouth, but it was past midnight on the day before the submission date, so i used the hack fraud method instead of spending hours reprogramming the entire dialogue system when i still didn’t have half the graphics assets implemented yet. that’s also why the only lines where it occurs are ellipsis.

2 Likes

First of all: It seems I’m the first to speak of this aloud.

Second of all: That is quite the neat trick you played there. Pity I can’t code. If I could, I would have a more thorough understanding of the more deeply entwined semantics behind the concept. Consider me impressed by your other “innovation”, good sir!
(Though, it doesn’t mean much when it’s coming from a talking sword)

Just as last year you made an amazingly charming little game! loved it! the art is so adorable!
go you! :smiley:

1 Like

This was really impressive! The sounds and the flow of the visuals made it feel incredibly professional. But based on what I’ve seen of your other work, this did not come as a surprise! Excellent job! Difficulty felt just right to me as well. It’s nice to have enough of a challenge to keep you engaged.

1 Like

this is a really solid game reminds me of a wario ware game, hope to see more.

1 Like

I love this game very much, it oozes way too much charm.
My only suggestion would to make it so the player character “magnetizes” to the middle, and holding left/right puts them in that position until released.

I sincerely hope this gets some more development!

2 Likes

very nice demo and concept

1 Like

This was super cute. I’m an easy mode guy anyway, so I’m more into the rest of the game. Cute characters, nice cooking concept, and great art. Thanks, Lad!

1 Like

This left me wanting more! I was hoping for some weight gain, but I don’t mind waiting! Are you planning on expanding upon this in the future?

“i’m not 100% certain on what’s gonna happen to this lil’ prototype of mine, but yeah, this was more or less meant to be a demo for a battle system that i can add onto later. different minigames, more ingredient types, etc. i really like working on this, so depending on the feedback i get, i’d absolutely be down to make more.”

Cozy said this much further up.

Cozy!!!
Holy shit!!!

This was immensely slick and polished and my favourite and the greatest!! I’m torn between desperately wanting more levels and being terrified that my garbage skill level for rhythm games would mean I wouldn’t get to see all the good tummies they’d have!

3 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, I’d be more than happy to send you pics for characters you lose at.

Unlike other people, I’m just here for the games.

really enjoyed this you added on to your great art style with a unique “fighting” system it was delightfully original and pretty professional looking

1 Like

so cute and fun!! Needs more of it for sure! I loved the feeling when you hit the last one of the group and the girls expressions and eyes changed! It was the best!

7 Likes