Custom Crewmember

So, I took one the DateBound mod and edited it to change the dialogues to something more feederism related. If this is not allowed, please just remove the topic.
Use the admin command /spawnnpc [vanilla race here] crewmemberfeed [desired level of npc here] to spawn it.
Also, I suck at writing. So if you want to improve it, just open the crewmemberfeed.npctype file with notepad++ and edit it.
Feederism Crew.zip (145.4 KB)

8 Likes

Hey this is pretty cool! Do you need the DateBound mod for this to work?

1 Like

Nope! This mod is totally independant and compatible with the original DateBound.

Install it by itself

Make sure it isn’t in another folder

I seem to be having some difficulties with this. I installed the mod as normal, and tried using /spawnnpc to spawn one in, since I don’t really know how else to do it?

I was using /spawnnpc human crewmemberfeed 10 to test it, and nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Try without the level desired? I don’t know, I haven’t played Starbound I a while. When you try to spawn, does nothing happen or does an NPC appear?

Aye, I encountered the same issue, has someone successfully spawned one? how did y’all install the mod and whats the correct command syntax?

Wow, I took an impolite amount of time to respond! I went ahead and tried it without the level desired as well, and no dice.

I also tried crewmemberfeeder for good measure. In the npctype file, it is listed as crewmemberfeed.

Does this conflict with anything that anyone’s noticed, out of curiosity?

I don’t know if this information will help, but the only problem I had before creating my first NPC was that I wasn’t an admin to use an admin command, and I didn’t know how to change that in-game. It turns out the solution was just to write “/admin”, become an admin, and then make the Spawnnpc separate as it was supposed to be. Hoping this might be the problem you’re having, if not, I have no idea.

No dice, I’m afraid. That said, I really appreciate your help!

Anyone gotten this to work? I’m fiddling around for the first time and can’t get it going.

This mod is incompatible with DateBound- if you have both mods installed, crewmembers may just disappear. Which is a shame because I really admire this mod, and would love to be able to use both mods together.

Sorry all, I haven’t really tested it with Datebound. I also don’t think I will keep working on this.

Honestly, the only thing that makes problems is that both DateBound and this mod have the same internal name in their _metadata file. Change that and everything works fine side-by-side.

How so do you mean? I only ask because I’m an absolute simpleton when it comes to modding things, I’ve just kind of gotten lucky/had most of the work done for me by the install methods so far.

How do you do that? To be fair, I don’t know a single thing about modding. Do I like, rename the file or something?

No, you open it in a text editor and change the value of the "name" entry.

What do you change the “name” to? I see “DateBound” next to it.

Another thing- does this mean the game was trying to figure out which file to use, but basically got confused since they have the same names? If I change the name, both will operate correctly, right?

The game found two mods, where after the "name" there was the same name, namely "DateBound". As it has to assume that this is a duplicate mod, it only loads one of them. For both mods to load, they have to have different name. So, change "DateBound" to something else.

3 Likes