Debu Complex : a tamagotchi-like game - 26/04/23 | HIATUS (version 0.8.1)

I’m using non-latin alphabet, thanks!

Are the baked good really that low calorie to pound?

unless i like typed something in wrong when calculating it then yeah. and i put all the values and equeations in the spreadsheet so you can fact check me if you feel like it

Huh. I guess this means I could do stuffing content with those instead?

Is anyone else having issues with the Omnimarket? Since updating to 0.7, it only shows a light blue rectangle on a black background for me. I need to load an older version to use the shop at all

nope. no issues for me

You said you were playing on Linux, right? I got myself a Steam Deck, so if I set up Game Maker on it I may be able to build for Linux. I can’t promise when because I’d need to buy a dock first, I don’t really see myself setting anything up on it without a mouse and keyboard, but that’s something I could look into in the future.

1 Like

Thank you for remembering, I do. If you want to get the Deck and go through that for your own purposes, that’s fine. But if you want to just run Linux to compile, you can just download one of the countless free distributions like Linux Mint. It even allows you to boot from a USB drive if you don’t want to permanently install it. In any case, I would really appreciate the effort if you do decide to release for Linux

Got two things to report in v0.7.1, hopefully not already addressed.

First, when playing Not-Tetris with keyboard controls, pressing Up to rotate the piece sometimes rams your piece all the way to the left and locks it there, like the game thinks you’re holding down Left.

Second, the tooltip for the Omnimarket door reads “Interact to return home.” rather than the presumably intended “Interact to enter Omnimarket.”

1 Like

I’m away from home this week, but I’ll look into it once I’m back. Thanks for the report!

I don’t have much news to share, I’m still working on the new sprites and that’s taking most of my time.

But last week I went to my grand-parents, and found some old flash drives. On one of them, I found a screenshots of a previous, very old iteration of this project:

Judging by the other files that were on this drive, it was one of my first attempts. I haven’t found the project files themselves, but from what I remember it’s not a big loss ; I didn’t do much besides placing the few UI elements you see. I don’t think the character could even move.

It was fun to find this small ghost from the past and I though I’d share it.

18 Likes

Adobe Flash ヾ(^▽^*)))

Those sprites are just as important as everything else. I’m glad things are progressing smoothly

Well, I see everything as a start.

i had a quest my girl is sad and i can’t do much how do i fix that?

Give her some of her favorite food and it should do the trick or if that doesn’t work, you can just go to your pc’s date and time settings and change the date a bit like go 1 month further.

Hello! So, I decided to try out this game and I was actually amazed by amount of effort that went into this simple concept! I tried to play around the debug menu and managed to view all stages of weight gain and stuffings. As a game developer myself, who actually tried to create a similar game, I can truly understand the amount of work that went into all these sprites. To be honest, you made MUCH better design decisions when I did when developing this concept and thats just one more reason for me to be amazed by your skill and talent. You also seem to lack confidence, but I can assure you, that the dialogue in your game is top-notch. I really enjoyed reading through all interactions with Emma and ESPECIALLY the reactions of MC to her condition. I dont even know how I can compliment you even more, so I would say that that your art is also very cute and actually anatomically accurate. I also have a small suggestion — maybe you could try adding the reddish tint on MCs belly when she is stuffed to represent the temperature and strain of the skin? I recon this would not be to hard to implement.

And, as I said, I have tried to develop almost exactly the same game as you almost in every sense. The only thing I lacked was free time, but I am confident in my coding, writing and drawing skills. And maybe, if you need some help, I can ease your burden on these aspects? Just ask!

This is all correct, however I will give a warning regarding cheating your PC’s date: there’s a small anti-cheat to make sure you won’t get daily allowance twice by time-traveling. Jumping 2 or 3 days into the future should give enough time to your character to cheer up a bit without too much of a penalty.

Thank you for all the compliments! I’m really glad people see some potential in this game and it keeps me going forward (even though developments do take a long time…).

I am planning to add a few effects like sweat, stretch marks and redness, yeah, I just need to make the assets for it. I’ll also make it optional, so that people can enable it or disable it to fit their tastes at any time.

If you want to help, you are more than welcome. I have a discord I share with two other people who are helping me when they have some time, if you are interested I can send you an invite. I think it’ll soon be time to introduce more characters to the game, and having a bit more help to shape them up and write a few dialogs for them will be a huge support.

4 Likes

last question how do you progress that chatting with the store peps?

For Emma, you just have to interact with her on three different days, then try chatting with her again.
Jenny is a placeholder character for now, she doesn’t have any related events or dialogs besides what you see.

1 Like