DO you like a fetish game that last 30 mins to a 2 hour or 8 hour+

I have been play a ton of Fetish games on this site and I just been wondering what you guys think?

For me I like a short games that last a 30 min to a 2 hour because I work 8 hour days and make art work on the side so I like playing a quick game get to the good part and then replay it on a later day.

3 Likes

I’m in the 1-2 hour range. I prefer shorter games with a lot of enjoyable content over longer ones that are more spaced out with theirs.

2 Likes

My preference would be something a bit more long form. I like gradual gain, and it’s easier to tell a long story then a short one. If it’s too short, it always feels like it’s lacking something.

8 Likes

Depends on the genre and design. Pacing IMO is far more important than max theoretical play time because it doesn’t matter how long the game is if it isn’t enjoyable while you are playing. If the pacing is too short, it may feel incomplete and less engaging, too long and players won’t bother grinding/waiting for things to happen.

You’ll also need to think about what kind of game you’re making first before figuring out how to work out length and pacing lol.

13 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with cheddar! The length of the game should suit the genre! In my opinion the more content dense the game the longer it can be, simply by virtue of the player not just waiting around for things to happen, they should be enjoying the whole experience if possible. Especially if the game is turn based, it needs a great deal happening each turn to keep the player’s attention - or at the very least the player needs to feel like they are progressing in an aspect they want to progress in. — Its the question of: How much of the content should be fetish/reward content, and how long can all the content remain interesting in the chosen format, in various questions posted to the site im sure all of this has been answered though its still tough to get it right :slight_smile:

I like a long game. I want to work for it. I’m the guy that for the most part enjoys the grind.

1 Like

If it doesn’t lose my interest quickly, and doesn’t frustrate me, I’m good to go for hours. But put me off, and I tend to quit for good. I can be very easily bothered by something that, to others, is a trifle…

If it’s good enough make it 8+ hours and I will play it no matter what.

30 min it’s good for a small fetish game, but if it’s a RPG, it can be longer.

Two hours of awesome is always better than eight hours of decent, IMO. On the other hand, it can be a bit disappointing when a great fetish game abruptly ends while I’m enjoying myself. My personal ideal would be a game that’s both long and consistently great throughout.

However, even the best gameplay experience can overstay its welcome. In order for a game to be both long and good, it needs to include enough variety or escalation to keep things interesting. Pieces of content can be excellent on their own, but they can feel like filler if they’re too similar to what the player has already experienced.

2 Likes

As long as it’s enjoyable throughout, it doesn’t matter if it lasts 10 minutes or 10 hours.

1 Like

To me, as long as it’s not too long like Some Bulls**t, it’s fine.

It may last my whole life as long as it’s entertaining.

1 Like

I want a crazy 10+ hour RPG with righteous characters, like a… Final Fat-asy game

4 Likes

the more content the better

1 Like

For me it’s dependent. If the game itself is interesting and has stuff to do, I don’t mind a long game with a grind.

Unlocking content or limit-testing the game I find quite fun. But I’m a weirdo who loves RPG’s that last 100 hours plus.

1 Like

For me its less the total time and more a ‘time to fetish’ and ‘access to fetish’ spread.
The game can have some good fetish stuff but if it only pops up after 8 hours or appears early but is very tedious to get I lose interest.

So long as a little bit of fetishy stuff is spread throughout the game and its not a huge pain to actually experience then I can go as long as the game wants.
I guess adding to this, I dislike when experiencing/enjoying the fetish is antithetical to gameplay. If a game says its a fetish game but punishes you too much for engaging in/enjoying the fetish than I just go nuts.

2 Likes

It definitely depends on the type of game and the pacing. A 30 minute text adventure can be really fun if it is jam packed with fetish content, whereas if I have to play 29 minutes of it to get to 1 minute of fetish content I’m going to be annoyed and not make it all the way. Similarly, a I can play a pretty long visual novel style game for hours as long as there is enough fetish content to keep it interesting. But a long form game would be a big pain to play with too much or too little fetish content, so it is important to get the right balance.

1 Like

I’ll throw in my 2 cents on this.
It basically boils down to if you can keep me engaged through he whole thing. The fetish content, if done well, can make for a good carrot to stick with the game, but if the act of playing itself is a chore then I might consider turning it off to play something actually fun, kink be damned.

In the end, I’d rather a good 2-4 hours of straight to the point rather than an 8+ hour meander, but if you can make those 8+ hours worth it then I’ll stick it out. A game that’s too short can be replayed, a game that’s too long will never be beaten. (I want to make it clear that length in itself doesn’t make a game too long, just how well that time was spent.)

1 Like

I found this site while on vacation and now I’m back to full time so I feel ya, I played a lot of great proper RPG’s that the people on this site made but now I don’t have the 5-8 hours to play through them. The crazy part is these games are 8-10 hours and they’re not even completed yet. (Though there’s so many good long games I’m not complaining)

The 1st game I played on here was a short game A Hero's Retirement 1.1: A New Look (if you haven’t played it, its a great straight to the point game, I’ve burned through quite a few games on here now and its still a favorite) so I thought most games would be like this in length but BOY WAS I WRONG lol. I’m definitely now that I’m working FT again am in the team shorter game but if you’re gonna have a long game have it be good and well a lot of ppl on here have been making good long games. Tho if anyone that can actually make games reads this you can make a fun straight to the point game like a hero’s retirement and still have it be good even if there isn’t TONS of story

IDK I’m rambling like I do on everything I reply too. Basically now that I’m back to work I want more shorter games but tbh idc if a game is long as long as ITS GOOD, I’d rather have a good long game than a crappy short game.

2 Likes