Donna's Diner: Version 1 RELEASED

Hey, I remember you, I replied to you way back when. Glad to see you are in the 0.7 percent of people who follow through with making their game.

3 Likes

Ouch, careful dude, you don’t want to jinx it.

(Just kidding, I’m far too deep into the sunk cost fallacy to give up now.)

3 Likes

Update 2 - the fairly substantial update:

I have now written pretty much all of the game, excluding the final ending segment, which is, in effect, an elaborate “YOU WIN” screen.

I’ll need a little more time to write the final passages and check everything is as water-tight as I can make it. That shouldn’t take me too long, but studying a degree in game design does tend to take up a lot of the day, so please be patient.

Thanks, Will.

12 Likes

That’s great news! Having all that written up means that the final passages should be a cake walk. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

I was just thinking about this project! I can’t wait, glad to hear its going so well!

1 Like

I hope it ends up being worth the wait!

Yeah it should be very straightforward both from the technical and writing perspectives. I want the ending to have a few variants, which does inflate the writing requirements a little, but compared to some of the other parts of the game this should be a walk-in.

1 Like

idk if it just me or the download ain’t workin

What’s seems to be the problem with the download?

Is the link at the top the new update or? Since it’s called V0.1 it sounds like it’s the original release.

That’s correct it is the initial version. The new update isn’t out yet, it’s being finished up to my knowledge.

1 Like

Oh yeah sorry, my bad there, that was a poor choice of words.

I meant “update” as in “status update”, the current link is still only for the version I posted in august, I don’t want to share such a near-finished version because it’d just spoil all the content without being fully complete.

When Version 1.0 is complete, I’ll reformat the post with the release version. (Again, sorry for the confusion)

3 Likes

Weird little bug. At just about the end of Maya’s story (without doing the secret thing) it says NADIA in the dialogue.

Thanks for catching that one, I think that’s just a typo. I’ll make sure it’s fixed for the actual release

1 Like

Should be done pretty soon guys, just need a few more days to do some proof reading and final tests before it’s good to go!

8 Likes

Fuck yeah im hype :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

This is it gamers, version 1.0 is out!

2 Likes

bug report: tried to go for the “turn everyone except yourself into a mindless, gluttonous blob” ending and was met with this

if it helps i was at the “can’t lift knees to chin, belly in the way” weight stage cause that’s the save i had lol

other than that, love this game and super happy to see it get finished! i really like the two endings i got so far (would’ve been three but, well, y’know)

LETS FFIN GOOOOOO, orderly and quietly

1 Like

is there anyway to download version 1? and if not could you add the option?