Donna's Diner: Version 1 RELEASED

It’s been nearly a week since version 1 released, and I just wanted to say I’m really thankful for the kind words (and patience). I’m feeling positive about it, and I’m definitely considering either expanding this project somehow or starting a new one some time in the near future.

In light of that, I would like to ask for feedback so I can do a better job next time.

I’m very aware the game had some technical issues, but beyond that I’d like to know what you guys thought. Things you liked, things you didn’t, suggestions for new content etc.

5 Likes
  1. I saw that there were pictures of the main 5 girls so maybe put them in the game somehow? (also id like to see what the MC looks like)

2. This is more of a personal request but maybe have Maria gain weight as well as the other 4?

1 Like

I’m quite happy to announce that after the last round of bugs I encountered it ran like a dream.
In terms of feedback at this point, there are two things I can say, first is keep up the great work, your writing is top notch and very well put together. Second is I want to see more. Right now I want more of this project, either more days to enjoy or some way of slowing each day down into more sections with more choices/options, or just even new ways to get events with or without certain triggers. However if it is a second project that your attention goes toward then I look forward to what that holds.

First of all, thanks for this.

Those images of the characters did end up making it in. I wanted to make it a secret, but I think I obfuscated them a little too much. You can see them by entering the 7 letter secret code word into the name entry box. (There’s a few extras in there too.) That name code being:“SECRETS” (it’s case sensitive)

I tried to leave the PC’s gender and appearance as vague as possible so anyone could imprint themselves onto them if they wanted, but if I had to give a canon appearance to default Debbie, they’d probably be very similar to Donna feature-wise, (though obviously much smaller at the start) I could probably slip in a couple of little doodles for you.

As for your second point Plump_Tabaxi, I agree. That’d be one of the first things I’d change on a second pass.

I think adding more components to the current loop might be a bit of a headache, but I am interested in making a less linear loop structure, or maybe adding some different game loops after certain endings as a post-game kinda thing?

I think I might might leave this project to sit for a while. Not to abandon it mind you, I think I just need a change in theme/setting for a while to refresh myself.

1 Like

Minor update: The buggins continues.

Discovered Ending F “Expansionist Philosophy” was inaccessible due to a typo, should be attainable now.

1 Like

Just played it, did three routes and was a joy, intend on doing the others tomorrow.

I don’t exactly have the patience right now to do a full feedback report (past midnight for me and got classes in the morning) but if you’d like tomorrow I could go through the game more carefully and type up a document for you. Would you like that?

Regardless, my quick feedback would be for the character creation—right now it’s just the name, which, mind you, is not an issue at all. However, if you’d like to elevate the immersion and experience to a whole 'nother level, you could add some basic customization options (would rather not throw a bunch of extra coding on you). For instance, one could choose between ‘apple’, ‘pear’, ‘hourglass’, or ‘vague’—this on it’s own would be a huge boon for the game. Now, I understand this may seem daunting. However, if you take the ‘vague’—or in this case, default—descriptions and text and simply pepper bits of vocabulary and description throughout based on the player’s choice of ‘apple’, ‘pear’, or ‘hourglass’, the player will be able to picture a completely different scene in their head, and a completely different player character, all based off some minor sprinklings of description based on the player’s chosen body type.

One last thing—use the player’s name more. This wasn’t a big issue, but definitely use the player’s name more when you’re trying to create a more immersive experience. Part of a text adventure is being able to use the medium to its full potential, that being the ability to delegate the most fruitful elements of a fetish game to the player’s imagination. And by this, I mean the specificities—not of the npcs, of course, because those are part of your own storytelling as the creator—of the player character, because this is the perspective the player can really insert themselves into and experience the story on a new level. By sprinkling in these bits of vocabulary and dotting the player’s name more frequently around the game, you’ll be able to enhance the immersion by quite a bit without magnifying your workload by too much.

Again, let me know if you’d like a full feedback sheet tomorrow and I’ll get started on it right away. Just tired right now, and would rather get to sleep than show up to classes tired from an, uh, eccentric passion for fetish games.

I have to say, it really is funny that I enjoy this sort of thing when I don’t even partake in it sexually. I just really enjoy the story, and putting myself into a character I can actually relate to.

Okay, I’m rambling now, because I really am tired. So, goodnight! And good luck with your work, it’s truly the best (or at least close to it, not sure off the top of my head) fetish work I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Just finished replaying it after seeing that post about the “Expansionist Philosophy” ending and funnily enough I immediately got it on accident, the narration at the end made me feel like some sort of supervillain who just succeeded in his master plan.

By the way are there any sort of special endings for the characters? Like one with them as the focus or just gives them attention? The closest one I saw was the one involving Maria in the [S]upply ending where she becomes your feeder if you chose to not give free lunches to the employees, use the supplement, and keep eating from your diner. it was more like an added detail though.

1 Like

Wo-ho-hoa that’s a lotta feedback!

sfa if this is your idea of “light” feedback I’m frightened to think what you consider long-form.

I don’t exactly have the patience right now to do a full feedback report (past midnight for me and got classes in the morning) but if you’d like tomorrow I could go through the game more carefully and type up a document for you. Would you like that?

That’d be really appreciated, but only if you already want to do it. No pressure to do anything you’re not in a position for.

For instance, one could choose between ‘apple’, ‘pear’, ‘hourglass’, or ‘vague’—this on it’s own would be a huge boon for the game.

I really like this idea, it sounds like a realistically inexpensive way of diversifying the experience. Definitely holding on to that one.

I don’t know how hands-off I want to be with the player character, I do think there’s a value in totally blank slates, but I do kinda like the idea that the PC is an existing character that you have a degree of control over, if that makes sense? It’s definitely something I’m interested in discussion about.

Just finished replaying it after seeing that post about the “Expansionist Philosophy” ending and funnily enough I immediately got it on accident, the narration at the end made me feel like some sort of supervillain who just succeeded in his master plan.

Haha, good to know it works. I figured if the PC was morally bankrupt enough to spike their product, they’d probably be one strong nudge away from becoming a ruthless mega-corp CEO.

By the way are there any sort of special endings for the characters? Like one with them as the focus or just gives them attention?

Not really, that’s just extra flavour I added. I did it to an extent with the others, it’s just Maria’s an outlier because of her whole feeder thing. Bespoke endings was something I considered, but there were so many degrees of variability going into it I decided to just go with what I had.

1 Like

fully upgraded, ate mostly sandwhiched except ate the magical stuff the first time offered, then met with this:

edit: replayed the same way same error. (had more money this time as i chose better i guess)

edit2: to be clear once the bug appears future weeks don’t fix it, I guess the code can’t account for choosing the slim option repeatedly then the fat one?

edit3: even trying the unesco stuff a week after it’s possible resulting the same error, I think anytime you’re “curious” after being a sandwhich eater this variable error occurs.

1 Like

edit2: to be clear once the bug appears future weeks don’t fix it, I guess the code can’t account for choosing the slim option repeatedly then the fat one?

God dammit I’d actually made code supposed to detect that specific choice, even some bespoke passages too.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it’s an easy fix and I’ll have a new version up ASAP.

1 Like