Dragons Gorge [Staff Submission]

THIS SUBMISSION WAS DONE BY THE STAFF OF WEIGHT GAMING. THIS IS A SUBMISSION IS INELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES/AWARDS.

A small game where you explore and mine in a cave in order to feed and fatten up a dragon at its core. Instructions can be found on the itch.io page.

Credits:

Special thank you to Toby Larone for the name!

19 Likes

Ok. so this is one of the first i had to rush to play as soon as i saw the concept and seeing it was from Kilif, i remembered his old idea for making a dragon fill and entire cave altough in different methods. I still love the idea, tough i feel the mining is very slow and not having some way to light other places, makes it limited. I did my best to make the dragon as big as possible but as i was arriving at 20k and not seeing changes, i assume i reached the limit? Would love to see you all trying to work on this some more in the future, if you have the time.

4 Likes

Aye, I liked it. Who doesn’t love a big, porcine dragon demanding to be fed? :3

Would be nice if the mining light (I assume the character has a light and not just darkvision) could light up the walls that touch the cone of light, just to highlight any gems. Also, bigger treasures (in value and in size maybe?) deeper into the caves would be appreciated.

5 Likes

I fattened the dragon and it feels SATISFYING!

Nice work! Especially to Pskyo for that gorgeous draggo!

4 Likes

Ya, there are only about 2 stages so that is the max size you can get the dragon. We wanted to go bigger but life kind of prevented that a bit lol. We also had an upgrade system planned where you could increase your mining speed and get equipment to help light areas and even explosives but we just ran out of time so I disabled that system.

I know @kilif and I have been discussing continuing this on and off but we have not had a serious conversation on it yet.

Thats a very interesting idea with the walls Alex, I may need to look into doing that if we continue on. As for the more valuable treasures, we had something like that planned but just ran out of time. We where actually going to try to have several gems whose likelihood of spawning would be dictated by the floor the player was on and distance from the center. We also played with the idea of the dragon falling through the floor at certain weights, taking the player with them, regenerating the cave each time. Just ran out of time though.

For sure, @FluffRat does awesome work!

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m glad you like the dragon. I’d be open to the idea of doing more weight stages for a post-jam release at some point, just maybe not for a few weeks.

6 Likes

I see this having a lot of potential, if it were fleshed out a bit more. Perhaps at a later date? For what it is, I rather like it. Not every day a game about fattening up a dragon like this comes along.

2 Likes

This is a pretty fun game in and of itself, all things considered. Sorry about the whole timeframe thing, but I personally would be interested in seeing this get developed further in the future if you guys ever decide to do so.

5 Likes