Earthquake Warriors (Expansion Sample Update)

Wanted to post this as a work in progress on the fifth level of the game. I kind of want this to look like a 16-bit version of Digimon World next order, because this level is going to be Digimon related and where you recruit Marcus. This is what I got so far.

Also, showing Grilldon overworld sprite, since HIJOKE finally finished him.

5 Likes

this game looks pretty good

1 Like

Thanks. I have to admit, though, I’ve been working pretty slowly on this project. I try to get a little done every day, but my drive’s not what it used to be. Still, I do make sure to work on it a little every day.

I know I’m not the best artist. I try to keep the graphics simple to make them easier to work on, but I still want to keep the stages somewhat interesting. Like, with the cave section of Digital World, having openings with small ponds on them, or trying to cram a cliffside, sun, building and computer-battery-looking-thingy on the background of the overworld battle stage.

2 Likes

it is ok you don’t have to be the best. and maybe if you want something cool ideas look up gogos crazy bones wiki

1 Like

I’ve been more motivated to work on this, and I’m trying to keep my list small to help me towards that goal. Also, the 1.0 build will have a QOL change. Now, Gordo Grande form activates at the begining of a battle if you are alone and had activated the stone prior. No more having to activate it at the start of every battle.

4 Likes

glad to hear from you again! progress on the game sounds like it’s going well, then!

2 Likes

Which item you need in Tumton’s fight? I don’t know if i have it or is bugged or what happens ^^"

2 Likes

You need an item with Flash in the name (like Flash Book) and then use it during the Tunpton fight.

1 Like

Sorry about the lack of updates, but I got the first five levels done, and I still need to finish the last level. I’m currently working on graphics for the endings and whatnot. I’ve been working on it slowly but surely. I kinda want to get everything done by my Birthday next month and release Earthquake Warriors 1.0 then, but I make no promises.

4 Likes

it is ok you can take your time

1 Like

Thanks. I’m probably NOT gonna get done by my Birthday, but I should be done by the end of the month. I just got some graphics to finish and the final bosses/endings to make.

4 Likes

EARTHQUAKE WARRIORS 1.0 IS FINALLY RELEASED!!!

• Go through six levels with your favorite chonker.
  • A plethora of bosses to fight.
  • 15 Playable characters, including 7 unlockables.
  • 3 different endings.
  • As stated previously, Gordo Grande now starts up instantly and only has to be activated once (until you change your team).
  • Two Gordo Grande Arenas to play around in, each with different moves to win.
  • Five moves per regular character, with six for each Gordo Grande form, except for Grilldon who learns even more.

With that out of the way, I do not promise the best RPG you’ll ever play. Far from it, tbh. I don’t promise the most polished game, and there are likely some bugs I missed after all the playtesting I did, so let me know if you find any. I also don’t promise the most balanced gameplay, and I’m sure many characters are going to be weaker than others, but with several buffers in the game, this hopefully won’t be too much of an issue.

What I CAN promise, however, is a unique experience. I can promise that this game has it’s own, fun features that help it stand out. I can promise unique dialogue for all the characters. Each character has their own dialogue, and their own piece of information to add to any situation. I can promise a unique roster filled with different characters ranging from several different animals and hybrids. I know the game isn’t perfect, but I hope you have fun, regardless.

As for future updates, I do plan on adding more in the future. For starters, I wish to clean up the issues I’m aware of, which includes the ending graphics needing to be zoomed out to fit on the screen (which I may have to redraw, unfortunately), and I also wish to expand upon the Pink Elephant area to give an extra level to use the characters in (especially since some of the characters are aquired too late in the game). I ALSO wish to convert the manual placement to automatic so that the characters fit better on screen, but that means all the GG forms need to be attack animations. For now, they will likely just simply be the normal Gordo Grande images brought over to the attack animation creation system, but if I’m feeling REALLY motivated, they could even be FULLY animated in the future. I already have full animations for Arte, and I started Balikari.

As far as new content goes, yes I do wish to add more levels and characters in the future, but for now, I want to take a break from the game outside of bug fixes and polishing.

So, anyway, I hope you guys enjoy. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

cool update on earthquake warriors

1 Like

Just to let you know, i tried the arena, went with Grande mode with the Bear and won but the game crashed right after winning, been trying the rest of the story and everything else seems fine for now.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll see what the problem is.

Edit: I think I found the problem. I’ll upload a new version when I can, unless there are more bugs to be found.

This version should work. If you guys spot anything else, let me know.

3 Likes

Ok, the Arena seems to be fixed i finished the battle. I kept going at the story and there 2 things i want to know. The battle with the Rhino Bros was impossible to do (i think thats intentional), so i tried talking it out, then they ask for a spar, if they defeat you like that you survive with 0 HP in Gordo Grande Mode and when trying to heal you get an instant loss. After getting the key from the Rhinos, i couldnt find my way but i found the penguins, the battle with the Penguin seems to need specific health amounts to pass to the next stage, sometimes i would beat him without him using his Gem and others i defeat him and the Ghost taunts me. Either there is a trick or im just unlucky and always defeat him, could you help out?

1 Like

The Rhino-Bros are tough, but not impossible. I’d have to check, but I believe they are suceptible to Fear, which can be caused through Tyrone’s Ghost Summon and Gordo Grande Maya’s Impose. Maya, herself, also gets Vigor pretty early, whichcan help to buff the attack of many characters. Dobbins and Bertha both have strong attack and speed naturally, but Balikari also has an ability to boost his own speed to achieve multiple bonus attacks over his foes, though needs buffing to really deal damage. Toasty also gets healing books early on. If you have Bertha unlocked, you get access to a shop with new items to teach you new moves. Bertha can be unlocked in the second level.

As for where to go after the Rhino-Bros, level 4 can be found right before the Level 2 Boss Fight with Wolfman Garr/Peggy Bob.

For the Papa Tumpton boss, you need an item with the Flash effect. Toasty’s flash item, Flash Book, can be found in a box to the right of some ice early in the 3rd level, where Arte’s Flash Shades can be found in the big conveyor area. Other characters have flash items dropped by enemies in the fourth level. Tumpton himself is not the boss. Hes being controlled by a Ghost that is revealed by those Flash items.

1 Like

Ok, so after your tips, i understand now i was forcing myself to play only with Dobbins in Grande Gordo mode as he is my favorite but it limits a lot of what you can do in regards to buffs and healing with a full party. I have finished the game where i had befriended the rhino bros and after the ending it said i could get another with all members found.

I have been going around but im not able to get the sheriff, i think i saved all hostages but he still says i need 10 and the other member i dont know who it is, i think its the 3rd spot on the top of the beds.

Regarding the things i saw that im not sure what to do, i found a rat that when i talk with him he says to stay away, starts a battle and right after thanks us and stays there and repeats the entire dialogue. The other one is the Toes weregarurumon that seems to have a door behind him but i would need to go trough him and he talks about Big Matt but the save point that says before Big Matt, he is there in the room but i cant interact with him.

If you could help with these, i would like to try to finish it with the secret ending, im enjoying your rpg and some of the characters are really cute, would enjoy if there was some weight gain element but having them as big and fat already is quite good.

2 Likes

Well, to answer some of your questions…

In order to recruit Grilldon, you need to find areas with recurring hostage fights. For example, did you see a small green monster that teaches your Gordo Grande form a new move? In the same room, there are two recurring fights: himself and a hostage rescue. This would be the best place to farm for hostage saving.

In order to recruit Bertha, the one I think you’re referring to, there is a room in level 2 with three foxes. Talk to them, and they will fight you individually. Next, go back out, go left, then up and you will see a badguy hauling away a bunny. Go inside and go through that scenario to unlock Bertha. In addition, if you picked up the cellar key after unlocking Leonard, the room where you fight the three foxes has a door that leads to Greencario.

The door behind Toes actually doesn’t lead anywhere. Don’t worry about it. It’s just decoration. Also, I’m not sure what you’re asking concerning Big Matt. Did you unlock Marcus, yet?

2 Likes