Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

Witch is like a food vortex now.

1 Like

the witch: ā€œget in mah bellyā€

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Thanks for telling me about these bugs, Iā€™ve found the cause and can fix it on Tuesday.

lol!

1 Like

hm i was hope for buff to priestessā€¦ dunno why but she give remind of lucoa from dragon maid and lucoa is my fave.

1 Like

Is it because of her design for some strange reason?

1 Like

I know from look they almost look smiliar

4 Likes

The Priestessā€™s design was very inspired by Lucoa. I really like her design a lot.

2 Likes

A minor update! I threw in a new level because it sounded fun!

Read the patch notes here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/eat-dungeon-v0-1-25488823

2 Likes

Will there be anymore levels in the next update, and will the girls get anymore fatter too as well? If they get some more fat artworks that isā€¦

oh that explain alots

1 Like

Iā€™ll start adding more levels once the redesign is complete. I do want to add more fat levels but I donā€™t have a timeline for that yet.

Itā€™s okay, I understand. Just take your time and donā€™t rush yourself okay?

I actually find the game least enjoyable since the need for level up metabolism and stomach capacity was introduced. I donā€™t think the solution may be going back to the old system, but it will be really nice that by reaching ā€œoverfullnessā€ there was a chance to increase hunger or by leveling up stomach capacity give more than just one point.

The game is still fun for me to play, but it was a lot of fun to try and hit that maximum capacity just to power level your characters a little bit extra.

Perhaps it could be re-introduced in some sort of fashion, but have a bigger penalty for going over the limit, thus adding some extra level of strategy into the mix where youā€™ve got to choose whether to get extra points into your stomach capacity or beat the encounter (perhaps if you try to go for stomach capacity too much you wonā€™t have time to eat certain enemies, like the ones that were recently introduced).

Of course, no problem!

Probably the best solution is to increase the speed at which metabolism and capacity level up with.

The risk/reward of going over capacity was fun. If I brought it back, maybe Iā€™d tie it to only capacity not metabolism, or maybe Iā€™d make it do another thing entirely.

Maybe fullness over capacity digests faster? So thereā€™s incentive to stay just slightly over capacity to trigger faster digestions without getting KOā€™d.

Maybe fullness over capacity digests faster? So thereā€™s incentive to stay just slightly over capacity to trigger faster digestions without getting KOā€™d.

Thatā€™d surely spice up the gameplay!

You could maybe even add an UI element that would indicate that youā€™ll go over the KO limit if you commit the attack (have a small icon/text box that shows up when youā€™re hovering over the enemy while dragging the attack).

1 Like

No updates for the game, but thereā€™s a new progress gif:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/progress-update-25650468

Also a post about changing up Patreon rewards:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/patreon-feedback-25670745

2 Likes

I added the items that I previewed last week!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/eat-dungeon-v0-1-25828607

3 Likes

Iā€™m definitely welcoming the addition of the new items, it adds a layer to the game that I feel takes it in the right direction. Iā€™m gonna list some things that I think may improve the usability of them though, hopefully you donā€™t mind!

1. The healing potion should maybe have an increased effect and longer cooldown, so that you donā€™t just mindlessly spam it on the party members that need it.

2. I like the idea of having the small attack items to use while youā€™re waiting for your party members to get ready to attack again, but I almost didnā€™t wanna use them since thatā€™d diminish the possible weight gain. Perhaps it could add a small amount of weight to everyone or the adventurers that have the corresponding attack type, without adding to their fullness.
    (This is ofcourse based on the levels that we have right now, I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll feel the same way if thereā€™s more pressure to finish the levels in the future.)

3. Changing the favored food type for your adventurers for one attack is pretty neat! And changing the type of the enemy is really powerful, maybe it should replace the food type instead of adding another type to the list (or just do something simple like adding a long cool-down to use these sorts of items)?

Looking forward to the next update(s)!

I might do something like this?

I think youā€™re right, once timers are in and thereā€™s greater incentive to finish levels quickly this problem will solve itself.

I keep going back and forth on whether or not enemies should have one food type, or multiple. I havenā€™t been able to form a solid argument either way. Once I decide that Iā€™ll finalize food-type item behavior.

Thank you!!!

1 Like