Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

Greetings.

I just wanted to say that firstly I am a big fan of your work and so wanted to throw an idea your way and see what you thought of it.

Once you have finished all of the classes and levels that you want to add, why not go back and put in an option for the classes to change their appearance to that of a different person by spending a certain number of points. Perhaps using some of the designs that don’t make the cut, or even giving the option to change the gender.
If a gameplay perk was a necessity perhaps a different person would change their preferred food.

2 Likes

Let’ Get the Dance Party Started! :star_struck: :smiley: but i like to see an animal Adventurer for once and we have a Snake and a Fox :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! Though honestly at that point I’d rather just add new characters, that would be roughly the same amount of work.

You’ll see another one eventually, can confirm that even without being the developer. In that picture alone, there are the following, besides the Harpy;

Druidic Dragon Tamer (With the mini-dragon (Dimi) who fattens up)

Raiders;
Lizard
Fox
Faunn

Tricksters;
Rabbit
Blowfish

Goat Dancer.

And it’s been confirmed that one of the future classes is Beastkin, so even if the above entries fail, another character with such a theme will come to pass eventually.

Also, Dancer is at 51, 29 ahead of second place, the Barbarian.

2 Likes

Fair enough.
I just thought it was slightly easier as you wouldn’t need to balance them, and I also thought it would be slightly easier for players if they wanted to use them just for aesthetics since they wouldn’t have to level them up all over again.

1 Like

Oh boy, i hope Erill will make the best dancer design :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiley: i Hope for the Goat Dancer.

1 Like

So I know this WAY off topic from a certain poll that was posted here not that long ago, but I found something that I found interesting and wanted to share: So the other day I was playing around with a sort of debug menu for this game (playing on PC; crtl + shift + i menu) and in particular, I was playing around with the enemies in the game and changing around their values in the game. One thing I noticed was that some (in fact, about half) of the enemies in the game seemed to have a line of text that said that they had an attack they could use in game that they never did, almost as if these lines were unused or deactivated (these lines were also shown in green text instead of the usual black). For example, the Butter Burglar enemy (that one that shows up in a single level in the entire game during the Blue Cheese Cyclop’s section of levels and runs away in 8 seconds) has unused attacks for dealing Magic and Sneak damage, even though it does neither in the actual game. One thing that I also noticed what that the Butter Witch, an enemy that normally just deals sneak damage and heals other enemies, had a third unused that used Boost as its arttibute, an attribute that goes entirely unused among all enemies in the game. All of the early game bosses (the five up until Blue Cheese Cyclops) also all had a 5th unused attack that had an Armor attribute, an attribute which also goes entirely unused. This got me thinking to see what happened if I reactivated these 2 particular attributes and got attacked by them. Turns out, Reactivating them wasn’t hard to do, and I was pleasantly surprised by the result; the enemy in question with boost would attack one my party members, and would weaken their boost stat like a usual attack would. For example if I brought Bard into a level then an enemy that dealt boost damage would weaken Bard’s own boost stat. I also managed to do the same thing with the Armor and Heal attributes and got relatively the same result, having enemies with those attack attributes being able to weaken my party member’s own Armor and Heal stats. With all that in mind, I suppose this brings me to my main point here: I actually woundn’t at all mind if enemies with these kind of attacks were properly added into the game. I think enemies also being able to weaken these stats would be an interesting challenge that the game has yet to properly see, as support options in the game currently go just about completely contested, so I feel that having to worry about managing their supporting stats while still keeping their attackers safe as well would provide a challenge the player to play in ways they haven’t need to before, and in a way that I don’t believe will downplay the game much, if at all. Just keep in mind that while I do think would be a fine addition to the game (as long as it’s not gone completely overdone and overboard with), it is still up to Bewildered Angel as to whether my idea here actually does get added into the game proper. This is just a thought of mine, and doesn’t really need to be taken seriously if needed.

(P.S. I hope Barbarian or Alchemist wins the poll)

2 Likes

TLDR for my post above: there are enemies in the game that have unused attacks that include Heal, Boost, and Armor, and I wouldn’t mind if these types of attacks were actually added to the game proper.

2 Likes

Most of the time, when an attack shows up in the comments like that, its because I copied the enemy entry from someplace else before editing it. I dunno if I like the idea of the support abilities being targetable, them being “untouchable” heightens how special they are imo. Also if you go poking around in the code I can’t guarantee what will happen to you, so be careful.

1 Like

The FBI will raid your house for changing the enemies attacks to feed your fullest character

1 Like

Add money (or any similar) to buy items from shop.
Endless wave mode.
Equipment to characters.

1 Like

If you don’t want to add my idea to the game, I totally understand that. I was just found something I found interesting and wanted to share it. As I said in my post, my idea doesn’t need to be taken seriously.

1 Like

I don’t want to add money or equipment because I don’t want to complicate gameplay that much. I’d be open to adding a shop, maybe, but it would use the fat currency that’s already in the game, and I’d need the circumstances to justify adding it. Endless mode is already planned for v0.16

I do take all feedback seriously. In a lot of cases I don’t think the feedback is something applicable immediately but might be useful in the future. I keep it in my back pocket, so to speak, and revisit it if I’m having a hard time coming up with ideas later.

3 Likes

Eat The Dungeon: Dancer Poll 1

Looks like people wanted the dancer lol. The top two will go to the tiebreaker round.

All patrons can vote here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/dancer-poll-1-56509527

9 Likes

Here’s to hoping for dragon girl to win, looks really cool!

4 Likes

Sea Elf’s pretty unique, be interesting to see how she plays out. However, I can’t help but wonder what she’d be like as an extra wide Belly Dancer…

I didn’t realize you were doing a promotion with Domino’s. It’d make sense in this community, but I’m just not feeling it with literally having Hatsune Miku in the game. Not that the design’s bad, it’s not, I just feel odd having this design against all the rest, mostly because she isn’t a thicc Belly Dancer.

This gobbo is thicc, but based on the last thicc gobbo, I don’t expect her to win. Though she is pretty thicc, like a certain Belly Dancer that may or may not be in the running…

Belly dancer has hips that warrant their own character slot. I rest my case, your honor.

Another…belly dancer? Well, I can’t be too shocked, given the theme. The design is neat, but her hips aren’t wide enough to be the objective best here, sorry.

Dragon is good, the colors really play nice here. However, she isn’t Belly Dancer, so 10 points to Dumptrucklepuff.

Milkmaid has some nice elements, but she’s not…oh, you know where I’m going with this. Now, if you excuse me, I need to go make a virgin sacrifice to rig the vote I mean rig the vote I mean rig the vote sorry I mean rig the vote I mean–

3 Likes

All very lovely, but my heart naturally belongs to the Milkmaid, though I’m biased, heh.

1 Like

Holy fucking shit A COWGIRL!
HUMOUNGOUS HONKERS!
MASSIVE MILK TANKS!
GIANT SEXUAL HOT AIR BALOONS!

If that wasn’t already clear it’s some shitty copypaste that i have seen somewhere please don’t take it down

Jokes aside if the cowgirls’ not winning i will unironically become a patron just to raise the vote. Only by one but who cares lmao

2 Likes

Memes for the Dancers:

Sea Elf: Under the Sea,Under the Sea!

Idol: Hatsune Miku’s American Cousin

Goblin: Ahh, Let’s get this Party Started!-line from War Master Voone

Belly Dancer: Shante’s Cousin and my pick to be in the final 2

Sword Dancer: Looooooong Sword :sunglasses:

Dragon: Bullfighter who is a Dragon and my 2nd pick to be in the final 2

Milkmaid: Got Milk? :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I hope that Lady Alarune’s Dragon makes it. Sure I like the Gobby but we do need a dragon rep somewhere (that and the gobby looks more suited as a ninja ngl).

2 Likes