Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

Thanks I’ll check it out

Any way to restart progress

You can delete cookies on your browser to restart progress. If you don’t want to delete all your cookies there should be one called something around bewilderedgames either with a .com or a www.

1 Like

Yo it’s you again

Anyways thnx

1 Like

Eat the Dungeon Update 0.11.9 is here!

Here’s the text for the levels up to 12!
5-15-22-1 sm

8 Likes

is there a downloadable version? I play in incognito mode so it doesn’t show up in my browser history, but that means it doesn’t save my data… if not i understand i just really like the game and would like to play it more.

1 Like

currently no, i believe it will be though once the games fully finished (im pretty sure thats what i read a while ago)

1 Like

I have no plans for a downloadable version. If I were to consider it, it wouldn’t be until everything is done

3 Likes

So B.A, The Beastkin vote is next on the update to do list?

1 Like

Ah, ok. Im a big fan of the art and especially the gameplay, but its hard for me to really get attached when i can’t get that far

1 Like

Are you clearing your cookies or playing on incognito? The game runs on the browser cookies (which means you can modify the game if you know how), plus there are levels to easily grind on as well as certain groups to use to maximize how much you’re getting.

1 Like

incognito. im on firefox so it isn’t saving cookies

1 Like

Hmm, I did incognito when the game first came out, but doing that now would be difficult. If you are willing perhaps have another browser that you’re able to play on (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.) and not play on incognito. That way you don’t have to replay from the beginning every time and your progress is saved (this is what I do).

If you are adamant about staying in incognito, then I’ll give directions on how to change your cookies so you don’t have to grind for each adventurer (can be done if you do the above to save on time if you don’t want to grind on the earlier levels). Check down below:

Cookie Manpulation

Now I have lost all my progress once or twice even with current updates, thankfully I’m able to fix it somewhat as I have a good idea of how each adventurer should be at. Now since you said Firefox I’m unsure where you need to go to, but I assume the process is similar once you find it on your end.

1. Load up ETD and play until you get to where you can level up the adventurers. Then check somewhere on the top of your browser (in Chrome’s case it is the top right) and the three dots. There it will list what you can do with the browser (making new tabs, zooming in and out, etc.)
  2. Scan down to the section that says More Tools and hover over it. It will bring up a second window where you need to find Developer Tools (if Developer Tools can be seen then click on it automatically).
  3. It will bring up a small side window, shrinking ETD and it will list a few things at the top (Elements, Console, Network, etc.) Check the double arrow to find Application (or click on it if it is already available) and click on it there it will bring up all of the values of the characters and flags for levels, items, and unlocks.
  4. Now if you have done everything right so far you’ll get this:

This is currently how my ETD looks, what you should be worried about is where I marked with light blue and green lines. The blue line next to Filter is the search bar, you can type in any adventurer (like say Thief or Bard or Knight, any will work) or anything else key related to go for specific attributes. The green next to the 50 is what you can edit by right-clicking it, which brings up a tiny window, and selecting Edit Value. Now you modify that value to your heart’s content. I would advise only touching the adventurer’s values, trying to manipulate the levels or item rewards could be tricky or may break the game, then you may have to search for the broken code or have to restart the whole game (by clearing cookies) and start anew.
  5. I would test at least one value to see if it works before doing multiple. After changing the value (or values) refresh the page. If it works, then that adventurer’s new value will be changed.
    Try it to see if it works, if not then there has to be something going on with Firefox and how they handle cookies (or the process to change cookies is more difficult than expected).
3 Likes

The class poll will be soonish. Maybe about a month from now. It will include the option of the Beastkin.

3 Likes

On one hand, looking forward to it. On the other, HIGHLY nervous as to how it will go (BunnyBunnyBunnyBunnyBunnyBunny-)

Hey everybody sorry for the slow updates lately, I made a post on my patreon about the situation but the good news is updates will resume again soon.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/class-poll-will-69210462

First of all we’re gonna be jumping right back into it with class poll, don’t forget to cast your vote here on the patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/class-poll-69211028

9 Likes

thats a lot of barbarians

1 Like

i think having a separate browser would be conspicuous as fuck, but hey, my paranoia is baseless anyway lol. might try it! thanks for the advice, informative and means alot :slight_smile:

Also im a filthy cheater and love save editing :0

1 Like

The Creativity Loop:

1. Have Engieneer and bard in the party (with illusionist and warrior, ideally)
  2. Have bard buff engi
  3. have engi buff the opposite corner party member (i usually have that be the bard so the mouse motion is fastest). This reset’s everyone’s cooldowns, incuding the bard’s.
  4. attack with the other 2 party members (or illusionist with warrior to clean up after)
  5. return to step 2 until you win.

Ez strats.

Side note: you don’t need to buff the oppostite corner if it ko’s the engi too much. so long as the bard is included in whatever buff the engi uses, the bard’s cooldown will reset and the loop will work.

(i love this game)

1 Like

12 Barbarians thats a lot of heroes

Alchemist And Necromancer have 6 Heroes

Raider and Trickster have 8 Heroes

Druid has 7 Heroes

I Bet that Necromancer is next right? because like to have trickster go next so we can get the bunny Next since we got a Snake,a Fox And a Dragon.

1 Like