Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

In our defences, it was the easiest go-to class when someone had an idea for a design that didn’t really fit anywhere else. Stranded Space Marine, Barmaid and that Vampirate, for instance.

2 Likes

Right now, Necromancer’s way out in front with 32 votes. Second place is the Alchemist with 14.

If a bunny DOES get in… well while Bewildered did a great job with the White Rabbit, the as-yet-to-be-revealed Beastkin class has a Bunny whose design I personally prefer, and not just because each of her thighs is twice the size of her waist from the start.

4 Likes

Barmaid could have been an alchemist… but yeah that makes sense.

There are times when I think this game would benefit from new classes/food types.
“Then I punch myself in the nose.” - DRG Dwarf

2 Likes

well, Looks like i called it right. But i wonder what will the silhouettes will look like casue 2 out of the 6 are thicc and one has a big hat :flushed:

1 Like

Think it would really bring in diversity, to get a robot/android/golem/etc -ish character, like that Alchemist variant on the left… Yeah it will likely be harder to develop bigger sizes, yet the result may be rewarding and intriguing for some in here, in my opinion at least

2 Likes

The final game will have 24 classes which is already kind of overwhelming for me. Though at some point I do think I’m going to have to add new food types.

1 Like

I mean it’s just something you chip away at, which you seem to do a good job at.

The game is fun but the more stuff that is added the longer it takes to load in the web browser.

Once everything is said and done if you want to make a desktop game I would be willing to help with that, but thats only if you think it is need and I have time.

3 Likes

Might’ve been asked before, but any plans to implement some sort of guide menu in game for already completed tutorials, or things that aren’t already explained via tutorials? It’d be helpful for anyone who forgets about certain mechanics of the game and need a quick refresher

1 Like

My plan is to add more tutorial stuff and see what I can do about the loading times when I’m doing the .14 quality of life update.

Also it’s time for the Necromancer poll. Be sure to vote in the patreon post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/69517943

7 Likes

Goth, for personal reasons. Also because she hates being thin.

1 Like

Goth seems like she might win, with the next being with the lich or stitcher

1 Like

honestly my choice is Nekomancer because of just the pun.

4 Likes

CAT CAT CAT

6 Likes

My favorite is definitely the nekomancer. Shes got the pun in her name, the comically large witch hat, and shes a smug catgirl. cant go wrong with a smug catgirl.

5 Likes

Eat the Dungeon Update 0.12!

Here’s all the NPC art for the levels up to 12!

You might notice that the Goblin isn’t a rejected design! She’s actually a design for the upcoming alchemist class, but I had both her portraits done by the time I noticed I had mistakenly marked her as an npc in my notes. In the interest of getting the update out in a expedient manner, I decided to just roll with it. Depending on how the class polls go, we might see the return of the Goblin, as a player character!

7-24-22 sm

6 Likes

Meme Time:

Harvester: Very Thicc Farmer

Dragon: hey it’s the Singer Dragon’s Sister

Stitcher: Just found the needle in the haystack

Goth: it’s not a phase mom geez!

Nekomancer: Flying Pop tart Cat flies by singing it’s song

lich: Warriors of the Dark Watse Raise! Lich king but a Different line from hearthstone.

Reason Time:

Harvester And Nekomancer because 1 is Thicc and the other is a cat and we need is more Animal Adventurers.

3 Likes

Oh they’re all good! I wonder who’ll win this time?

1 Like

Oh goody, I missed these!

• Harvester is a really unconventional necromancer, but that actually makes her more endearing. She looks like somebody’s mom who lives out in the countryside and has a weakness for her world-famous pecan pie that she always makes when she has company over and she has 3 border collies and a potbelly pig named Porky Gus and grows her own corn and ONLY corn and never raises her voice or swears but keeps a shotgun between her asscheeks at all times in case someone DARES to threaten Porky Gus and ain’t NOBODY gonna mess with Porky Gus and what the hell was I talking about

• Dragon is unique, but all those bright colors competing for my attention make it hard to like the outfit. The “cultist/shaman” look is definitely a good idea, it’s just not my favorite. If Alarune wins this, I personally hope she does so with Harvester.

• Stitcher’s the only one that competes with Harvester imo. She’s also a really unconventional, milfoid necromancer, she gives me this vibe like she makes dolls for kids instead of skeletons for adults. The only thing that puts her slightly under Harvester in my eyes is that she doesn’t quite have as much personality in this art, but this is something that her in-game art can improve on. Definitely Erill’s best one here.

• Goth is a fairly traditional necromancer except in her modern-looking design. She looks good, for sure, but she doesn’t surprise me as much as some of the others. I do admit that it would be fun to watch those leather straps break as she grows in-game, though.

• I don’t know what to say about Nekomancer. I fear this pose doesn’t really do her justice, but my initial impression is that those baggy clothes are a bit counterproductive to showing her gain.

• Lich is…well, what you’d expect from a necromancer. I’d darken her clothes a bit, but she’s perfectly serviceable, just not as memorable as some of the others.

4 Likes

I have a weakness for goth aesthetic, so I’m obligated to give her my vote.

1 Like

i always kinda wished that the base stats of an adventurer had more significance instead of just being forgotten when power is leveled up past a certain point, so i decided to see what happens if i adjusted the base stats and made power multiply the stat instead of just being added to it.
First image: Power: 50, top half ingame, bottom half my script
Second image: Power: 300, top half ingame, bottom half my script

of course it isnt very balanced because i made up the base stats in like a minute but i think you understand what i mean
also wow the images sure got jpeg’d

3 Likes