Eat The Dungeon General Discussion

You doing good dev. :+1:
I here to suggest a better control for the game.

Keyboard + Mouse
The 1-4 keys are for each heroes, just point at the target with the mouse and press the right number.

Controller
A, B, X and Y is for each heroes, targeting the enemy is use the left stick, you notice a crosshair that helps to aim more easily.
For supporting a other hero just hold the trigger or bumper to go ā€œSupport modeā€,
during the support mode you have to press a button to select a hero that can heal, boost or defend then press a other to select that hero to give support.

3 Likes

i may have accidentally learned how to use images from other sites, guess ill be having fun with this for a while
20221023_224303
and welcome back bewildered angel!!

4 Likes

This update includes:

• Our first male adventurer: The Merchant! To unlock him, get a C rank or higher on the Penumbra level.
  • Cutscenes and npcs for 6 more levels

10-23-22-1

7 Likes

No worries, mate. Real life, ESPECIALLY your own well-being, takes priority.

(Also, one of the Goblins needs to be replaced with the correct design. I still hope that Grenade Goblin makes it as the Alchemist.)

4 Likes

the new cutscenes are really funny, though i think you forgot to color the socks in the shut-inā€™s second image

2 Likes

got bored so i decided to make a complete boss stage

2 Likes

Wow.

Honestly your efficiency at this is starting to get a little intimidating.

2 Likes

its all fun and games till i figure out how to do this stuff without replacing existing enemies/levels

2 Likes

can i be considered as a game developer/modder now

3 Likes

wait a minute if i polish this a bunch i could turn this into a full etd mod, guess i know what to do now

2 Likes

You are bringing us dangerously close to ETD: Swimsuit Edition becoming a reality.

4 Likes

i should probably make a seperate topic for this eventually
spicyfoodtype_IS_REAL

3 Likes

I am curious how this is done, but permission from Bewildered should be obtained before sharing how to or making a new thread.

6 Likes

yeah thats fair, i guess ill ask when they appear here again

2 Likes

I am both impressed and terrified.

2 Likes

if you do get permission, and are willing to share your findings, I would like to know how it is done.

4 Likes

If I had to guess it must be by manipulating the script that can be edited in the developer tools, at least from what Iā€™m thinking. Why I say this is that you can change the variables and whether certain levels are open or not and more, I donā€™t think itā€™s a stretch to say one can add things as well (or remove them as needed).

2 Likes

I know that much but swapping images and, more so, creating levels is something else.

2 Likes

now i ran into an unexpected issue, clear times.
since these levels are past 100, the clear time calculation makes them really strictā€¦

2 Likes

slowly getting stuff doneā€¦

3 Likes